Get To Know the Ins and Outs of Target Gift Card Cash Out
Although they can be a great present, Target gift cards may not be your cup of tea. The good news is, you don’t have to throw away any unwanted gift cards.
If you received a Target gift card, you should check your remaining balance because we offer a super simple way to convert gift cards to cash. We’ll show you how Target gift card cash out works and get your cash back for any remaining funds in no time!
Target gift cards are used for purchasing various products at Target stores or their webshop. They can be loaded with any amount between $5 and $500 and come in both physical and electronic forms. Gift cards from Target don’t expire or lose value over time as the company treats them as cash.
Before cashing out your Target gift card, you should know how much money you have left on it. Check out the table below for details:
|Method of Checking Your Balance||How To Do It|
|Online||Go to the official Target website:
|Via phone||Call 1-800-440-0680 and ask a customer service representative to check your remaining balance.|
|In person||Use the company’s store locator to find a nearby Target and:
We offer a two-step method for checking your Target gift card balance. Forget about dealing with Target customer service or navigating their website.
Here is how it works:
- Open DoNotPay’s Check Gift Card Balance feature
- Upload photos of your gift card from the front and back
We will contact Target on your behalf to check how much money there is left.
Once you’ve checked your remaining gift card balance, you have several methods of cashing in your Target gift card. You can:
- Sell your gift card online
- Exchange your gift card
- Resell items from Target
Selling your card online will require you to be patient and willing to accept only a percentage of your remaining balance. Here’s how you can do it:
- Find a reseller website—When searching for a reseller website, be wary of amateurish-looking ones. Don’t forget to do proper research before selling your gift card
- List your gift card on a marketplace—Many online platforms such as Reddit, eBay, and Facebook have marketplaces for gift cards. List your card for sale and wait for a potential buyer
If you live in a state that has Coinstar kiosks, find one, insert your gift card into the machine, and get cash for it. You will only get about 80% of the funds that are left on your card.
Buying items from Target and selling them for cash can take a while, especially if you don’t have enough balance for a proper purchase. In that case, you can wait for a sale and continue with the plan then.
Target gift cards are not redeemable for cash unless required by state laws. If you live in Puerto Rico or one of the 11 cash back states, you can get money for your gift card. In case you don’t, there’s no need to worry—DoNotPay can turn the situation around!
With our Gift Card Cash Back product, you can redeem your Target gift card for cash in a flash. The amount you can claim depends on the cash back state in which Target has a store. Check out the table below for details:
|State||Amount You Can Claim|
Want an easy way to cash in your Target gift card? Redeem it for money fast and easy with DoNotPay! We will send your request to a Target office in one of the cash back states in your stead. All you have to do is:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Select the Gift Card Cash Back product
- Enter the necessary details about the gift card
Once we process your request, you should receive your money within two weeks.
DoNotPay has various articles on gift cards that you might find helpful. Learn how to:
- Get free gift cards
- Check if a gift card has any money
- Use the remaining balance on your gift card
- Redeem gift cards the easy way
- Buy something with a gift card and return it for cash
If you need help with cashing in gift cards from other companies, check out the table below:
DoNotPay is the perfect solution whenever you need to resolve legal or bureaucratic matters. Here’s a fraction of what our AI-driven app can help you out with:
- Jumping the phone queue when reaching out to reps
- Scheduling a DMV appointment in an instant
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Getting robocall compensation
- Fighting email and text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Lowering your property taxes
- Dealing with stalkers and harassers
- Composing a child travel consent form
- Getting college application fee waivers
- Getting a refund for a late or missing delivery
- Suing any company or individual in small claims court
Do you have a bunch of subscriptions that you waste money on but don’t even use? We can help you cancel them effortlessly! After that, our app can initiate a refund request and make sure you get your money back.
For a low monthly fee, you’ll get access to our impressive range of products, so sign up now!