Scholarships for Left-Handed People Explained
Students of all levels of study—including 8th graders, high school seniors, and graduate students—can get scholarships for various reasons. Did you know that you can get a scholarship for being left-handed, though?
This guide explains how you can utilize your not-so-common trait to get financial aid by applying for scholarships for left-handed people!
As improbable as it may seem, there are many scholarships for being left-handed waiting for students to apply.
Other than primarily using their left hand, other requirements might include:
- Studying in a particular field, for example:
- Demonstrating financial need
- Achieving exemplary academic results
- Maintaining their grade point average (GPA) at an established minimum
- Being involved in extracurricular activities, such as:
The application process for scholarships for left-handed people depends on the requirements of each award. The documentation you will most likely need to apply for a scholarship for left-handed people includes:
- College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile
- Individual scholarship application
- High school or college transcripts
- Essays or a personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
If you’re looking for a general scholarship for left-handed people, you should consider the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA) Scholarship for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students.
You can also find scholarships for left-handed people belonging to particular student groups, such as:
- High school students
- College students
If you’re a high school student, scholarships for lefties can help you accumulate funds for college. Here is a breakdown of scholarships for left-handed high school students to help you get started:
|James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship Award||Applicants must be high school seniors planning to pursue the associate degree in leadership from the JRC Leadership Campus. To apply for the scholarship, students need to write a 500-word scholarship essay or submit an artistic portfolio of:
|Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship||Recipients must:
||From $1,000 to $2,500 and a select few exceeding $2,500|
|Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program||Applicants must:
||$20,000 to 20 students, with one of them receiving an additional $5,000 for extraordinary athletic and academic accomplishments|
Are you left-handed and enrolled in an undergraduate program? If so, take a look at the table below to learn about the scholarships that can help you afford the continuously increasing college expenses:
|Andrew Macrina Scholarship||Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a culinary field at an accredited college or university||$1,000|
|Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award||Students must:||$1,000|
|James Beard Foundation National Scholarships||Applicants must be enrolled in one of the following programs:
If you need a scholarship for left-handed females, you can apply for the following ones
- Vicki L. Schechtman Scholarship—Applicants must:
- Be women
- Pursue an undergraduate degree
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- American Association of University Women—American Dissertation Scholarships—Recipients must be left-handed women seeking financial aid while they’re working on their bachelor’s dissertation. The committee prioritizes students enrolled in a STEM program
Why stop at scholarships for lefties? Tuition and attendance costs for college rise every year, making it even more crucial to utilize all financial resources at your disposal. If you don’t know where to start looking for opportunities, try DoNotPay! Our app can help you find even more scholarships and grants to apply for and accumulate as much financial aid as possible.
To look for more gift aid opportunities:
- Access your DoNotPay account
- Look for the Apply for Scholarships feature
- Answer some questions about:
After you complete all steps, you will receive a list of awards tailored to your qualifications in a matter of moments! If you don’t have the time to apply for no-essay scholarships, our app can use the answers you provided to do it for you.
If you’re on a tight schedule and you can’t afford to spend hours running errands, DoNotPay steps in with a perfect solution! You can skip going to the post office to request an item return or visiting a notary public to get your documents notarized—Our app will help you get it all done without going anywhere!
Visiting your local Walmart to have your passport photo taken is unnecessary since DoNotPay can help you get it at home!
Consult the list below to see what other tasks you can complete using our app:
- Send letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Request gift card cash back
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Simplify mailing services
Companies tend to keep charging their clients monthly subscription fees automatically if they don’t end their subscriptions. Stop wasting money on forgotten memberships—DoNotPay will show you how to terminate your subscription in a few clicks!