A Guide to Having Your Documents Notarized by a Notary in Salt Lake City
Many documents—including wills, deeds, affidavits, and car titles—require a notary’s signature. If you live in Salt Lake City, you may be wondering where to find a notary and how to finish the whole process as effortlessly as possible.
Fear not—DoNotPay will reveal the best way to get your documents notarized by a notary in Salt Lake City!
In-Person Notary Service in Salt Lake City Explained
The traditional notarization method can be a bit tedious and time-consuming. Take a look at the steps you are required to take to get your document notarized the old-fashioned way:
- Find a local notary public by:
- Schedule an appointment
- Gather the document(s) you wish to get notarized and bring a government-issued ID
- Head down to the local notary’s office at the agreed time
- Pay a fee
- Present your ID to confirm your identity
- Answer a few questions to prove you are of sound mind and aware of what you are signing
- Sign the document in the notary’s presence
- Get the document notarized with a signature, stamp, and seal
Another way of having your documents notarized in person is by hiring a mobile notary. They perform notarial acts by traveling to their clients on request. However practical, the mobile notary service is also expensive—you are required to cover the mobile notary’s travel expenses, which can be hefty.
How Much Does a Notary Public in Salt Lake City Charge?
- Jurat—$10 per signature
- Certified copy—$10 per certification
- An acknowledgment—$10 per signature
- An oath or affirmation without a signature—$10
- Each signature witnessing—$10
A mobile notary in Utah can charge a traveling fee without exceeding the approved federal mileage rate if they:
- Explain to the client that the travel fee is charged separately from standard notarial services
- Specify that they, and not the law, determine the travel fee
- Make sure the client agrees to the charges in advance
Can Notaries in Salt Lake City Notarize Documents Online?
Yes, they can. Utah is one of the many U.S. states that has enabled permanent remote online notarization. To be able to perform remote online notary services, a notary in Salt Lake City has to:
- Be currently registered as a notary public in Utah
- Apply to the Lieutenant City Governor for a remote notary certification
To lawfully perform remote notarization, a Utah notary public must meet the following statutory requirements:
- Be physically located in Utah
- Be able to see the client through the use of audio and video communication technology
- Establish the identity of the notarization-seeking individual with an approved identity-proofing technique
- Complete the notarial certificate
- State in the notarial certificate that the notarial act was performed via communication technology
- Make a note in the electronic journal that they have notarized the document online
- Keep an audiovisual recording of the remote notarization
The Advantages of Online Notarization
Safety is not the only perk you get by having your documents notarized online! Discover other benefits of online notarization in the table below:
|Flexibility||Online notaries are typically available 24/7. You can schedule an appointment at any time you find convenient|
|Expediency||You won’t have to wait days or weeks for the meeting as you would with traditional or mobile notaries|
|Practicality||You can meet with an online notary on a video call and finish the whole process from your home via any digital device|
|Security||An online notary will notarize your document with an encrypted electronic signature, stamp, and seal. This method reduces the chances of document alteration and misuse|
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your Documents Notarized Online
If you want to get your document notarized online, DoNotPay is the way to go. There is no need to look for an online notary—we will take care of that for you.
Once you sign up for our app, you will get your documents notarized in a jiffy. Here’s how it works:
- Find our Notarize Any Document product
- Upload the document you wish to get notarized
- Provide your email address
We will send you a link via email shortly after. By clicking on it, you will be redirected to a webpage where you can schedule an appointment with one of our online notaries. After that, you will get to:
- Meet the notary online
- E-sign the uploaded document while the notary witnesses
- Download and print the notarized document
Other Perks of Signing Up for DoNotPay
Notarization is not the only service you get by subscribing to our app! You can access all our other products and complete more administrative tasks from the same platform.
Let DoNoPay Help You With Your Paperwork
Why waste time on bureaucracy if you can rely on DoNotPay to handle pesky tasks for you? Cancel all your subscriptions at once, find unclaimed funds in a matter of minutes, appeal parking tickets hassle-free, and discover the best way to get your documents notarized remotely.
Fighting workplace discrimination is of utmost importance, but the entire procedure seems rather complicated. The same goes for the crime victims compensation application in most states. DoNotPay is here to change that. We will help you file a report, request compensation, and create numerous other documents.
Keep Your Online Safety in Check!
While internet safety should be one of your top priorities, staying anonymous while surfing the web is almost impossible. If you want to avoid giving out your number when registering for services, you should try out our Burner Phone product.