Nintendo Switch Does Not Work as Intended? Learn About Nintendo Switch Manufacturer Warranty
All the fun of playing video games can be ruined when your Nintendo console does not function properly. Luckily, you can get a free of charge repair for Nintendo Switch devices covered by a warranty. In case you experience any problems with your gaming device, learn what the Nintendo Switch manufacturer warranty entails.
Everything You Should Know About Nintendo Switch Manufacturer Warranty
Nintendo has a limited warranty for all Switch products. The warranty lasts 12 months and can’t be extended. In case of any defects in material or workmanship during the warranty period, Nintendo will fix or replace the defective components.
The warranty does not cover:
- The damages caused by products non-licensed by Nintendo
- The products with altered, defaced, or removed serial number
- The issues caused by accident, negligence, or wrong maintenance
- The products that were intentionally altered by malicious codes, viruses, trojans, or similar
You might need to send your Nintendo Switch to the company for repair.
How To Claim Nintendo Switch Warranty on Your Own
If you notice anything wrong with your Nintendo Switch during the first 12 months of buying it, you can file a warranty claim in the following ways:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty Via
How To File a Nintendo Switch Warranty Claim Over the Phone
If you want to claim a Nintendo Switch warranty, you can do it by calling the company’s Consumer Assistance Hotline at 1-800-255-3700. Their working hours are Monday–Sunday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time.
When you reach a customer assistant, explain what problem you are experiencing with your device. You should stand your ground since the assistant might try to deny your claim. You can use the company’s website to check the status of your repair.
Use Nintendo’s Website To Claim Nintendo Switch Warranty
Another way of filing a Nintendo Switch warranty claim is via the company’s website. The method of filing a claim online keeps changing since many Nintendo repair centers are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To check whether the option is available and how to move forward, follow these steps:
- Visit the Nintendo Repairs page
- Scroll down until you reach the How do I set up a Repair Order? section
- Follow the prompts
File a Nintendo Warranty Claim Fast With DoNotPay
If you want to avoid dealing with Nintendo reps, use DoNotPay to file a warranty claim! We can write a claim letter on your behalf. You only need to:
- Set up your DoNotPay account in any
- Choose the Claim Warranty feature
- Select Warranty on a Purchased Item option
- Tell us what issues you are experiencing with your Nintendo Switch
- Click on Submit
It’s as easy as that! After Nintendo receives your request, it should contact you with more details about your case.
Do you need more information on other kinds of warranties? Use DoNotPay to see home warranty reviews and find the best home warranties in America.
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal a Denied Nintendo Switch Warranty Claim
In case Nintendo rejects your warranty claim, get DoNotPay’s help! We can generate an appeal letter on your behalf and send it to Nintendo. What you need to do is:
- Log in to DoNotPay in any
- Select Claim Warranty
- Click on the Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim option
- Provide the details about your original Nintendo Switch warranty claim
- Tap Submit
Nintendo should get in touch with you directly to instruct you on further steps.
DoNotPay Solves Bureaucratic Issues Without Delay
Did your dealer refuse to cancel your extended warranty? If yes, use DoNotPay to learn what to do in this and similar cases.
With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card, you can start a Nintendo Online free trial without worrying about any charges. If you don’t find it interesting anymore, we can also help you cancel Nintendo Online.
We offer to solve other tasks for you! Access DoNotPay from any and get our assistance in:
- Dealing with copycats
- Getting protection when exposed to stalking and harassment
- Dealing with annoying robocalls
- Filing small claims court lawsuits against anyone
- Terminating your memberships and subscriptions
- Skipping phone verification when registering on platforms
- Claiming other kinds of warranties fast and easy
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Getting in touch with your family and friends in jail
- Requesting refunds from any company in no time
- Solving credit card issues in minutes
- Applying for various clinical trials
- Managing large bills
- Appealing your parking tickets
- Contacting customer service without waiting on the phone line
- Waiving fees for college applications effortlessly
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Saying goodbye to spam emails
- Scheduling a DMV appointment in minutes
- Applying for free trials without disclosing your credit card
- Locating any unclaimed money under your name in any state
- Asking for refunds and compensation from airlines
- Blocking spam text messages