The Ins and Outs of the L.L.Bean Return Policy
If you want to return an L.L.Bean purchase but you’ve never made a return to that company—or at least not after the L.L.Bean return policy change—this guide is for you. Here, you can find up-to-date information about the L.L.Bean return policy, learn how to submit a return request, and get your money back in a flash!
L.L.Beans allows you to return items within one year of purchase for a refund. After that time, any returns will undergo quality control and will be eligible for a refund only if the products are defective or poorly crafted.
All L.L.Bean returns require proof of purchase. In most cases, the company has a sales record that employees can use to look for their transactions when they request a return. You should still keep your receipt or order confirmation just in case, though.
L.L.Bean’s return policy is generous, but the company won’t accept your return if your product is damaged by:
- Natural disaster
Other reasons L.L.Bean might not consider your return and issue a refund are as follows:
- The products are entirely functional, but you want to exchange them or get rid of them for personal reasons
- You lost your items
- The products are soiled or contaminated—you need to clean and decontaminate them before requesting a return
- You’re trying to return ammunition in store or by mail
- The products require an import license
- You’re returning items with restricted import
- Item labels are either unclear or missing
- You abused the L.L.Bean return policy in the past
You can initiate a return with L.L.Bean:
- In store
- By mail
- Using DoNotPay
To return your items in L.L.Bean stores:
- Prepare your items and proof of purchase
- Visit the L.L.Bean location you purchased your item at
- Ask an L.L.Bean staff member to initiate your return
- Provide the necessary information to the staff member and wait for them to process your request
If you buy large indoor or outdoor furniture, you can only return it in person at the Davis Warehouse. If you need assistance, contact the Home Store at 1-877-755-2326 or L.L.Bean customer service at 800-341-4341. The address of the Davis Warehouse is:
27 West St
Freeport, ME 04033
To return your L.L.Bean products by mail:
- Complete the return form on the packing slip if you purchased your items online. If you’re returning an in-store purchase:
- Go to the Customer Service page
- Find the return form
- Download, print, and complete it
- Pack your product and include the return form and proof of purchase
- Use the UPS convenience label on your packing slip. If you don’t have one, you can request one on the Customer Service page
- Take your package to a UPS Drop Box, location, or driver to ship it
UPS will charge you a $6.50 shipping fee per return package.
If you’re unable to visit the exact location where you bought your products or you want to avoid shipping fees, DoNotPay can help you return your items to L.L.Bean for free—no stress involved!
To initiate a return request:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Locate and open the Item Return Request product
- Answer some questions about your L.L.Bean purchase
- Submit your request
We will include all the information you provided in a custom-generated return request letter and mail it to L.L.Bean. We will also provide a shipping label you can use to return your items for free!
L.L.Bean isn’t the only retailer we can help you with—check out other return policies we’ve explained:
|Walmart||Target||Zara||Bed Bath & Beyond|
L.L.Bean staff members process in-store returns immediately, whereas shipped returns can take up to three weeks from the shipping date.
If L.L.Bean accepts your request, it will issue a refund to your original payment method. In-store returns you originally paid for using PayPal are eligible for refunds in the form of a gift card or cash. If you paid for your items using a gift card or Bean Bucks, L.L.Bean will issue your refund in the form of a gift card.
If L.L.Bean infringes on your consumer rights, you can sue the company in small claims court and get justice!
Subscribe to DoNotPay, and we’ll help you:
- Write and mail a demand letter
- Fill out court forms
- Gather all the required paperwork
- File a complaint
- Create a convincing script you should use at your hearing
Aside from helping you send a return request to any company, DoNotPay can also assist you in getting a refund in a flash! We can also help you request a refund for any late, missing, or damaged delivery.
If you want to discover some forgotten assets you may have, we can help you find them in just a couple of minutes. With DoNotPay, you can both save money and earn it!
Once you sign up, you can report text and email spammers, annoying robocalls, and real-life stalkers and harassers and earn off them. We can also help you sue any company or individual in small claims court if you feel like they did you dirty.
The process of composing a return request letter is tiring, which is why you should turn to DoNotPay for help. Our app will assist you if you want to avoid similar bureaucratic hassles, such as:
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Skipping the customer service phone queue
- Drafting legal documents
- Getting documents notarized
- Claiming extended warranties
- Filing DMCA takedown notices
Sign up for DoNotPay to utilize all of our nifty products!