The Home Depot Return Policy—COVID-19 Changes
With the current pandemic affecting retailers, many of them—including Home Depot—decided to offer more flexible return options to their customers. This guide provides the latest information about the Home Depot return policy during COVID-19 so that you can return your products in no time.
Returning items to Home Depot is a lot easier if you subscribe to DoNotPay. We can also help you learn more about the return policies from other home improvement retailers, such as:
COVID-19 encouraged Home Depot to offer more lenient deadlines to customers who want to return their products. The company extended the return period from 90 to 180 days. Except for that, the standard return policy still applies.
According to the standard Home Depot return policy:
- You can exchange or return your products within 90 days of purchase
- Home Depot will exchange or issue a full refund for your item in cash, account credit, or store credit if you return the product with proof of purchase and all accompanying components within the designated period
- The company does not offer refunds for shipping charges unless the reason for the return is a mistake they made while shipping your order
- You can return your items in a Home Depot store or by mail, or you can schedule a UPS pickup
- Items you pay for with a Home Depot’s consumer credit card, commercial revolving charge, or commercial account are eligible for returns for up to 365 days after the purchase
- Home Depot products you bought from a third-party seller or marketplace are not subject to Home Depot’s return policy. You must return those items to where you bought them
Check out the exceptions to the Home Depot return policy:
|Product Category||Return Policy|
||You can return these Home Depot products within 30 days of purchase|
|Damaged major appliances||Home Depot accepts returns for faulty major appliances only. To return the items, you need to report the damages or defects within 48 hours of purchase|
|Home Depot Design Center products||You must return Home Depot Design Center products within 90 days of purchase|
|Products that use hazardous materials such as flammable liquids or gases||These items aren’t eligible for returns by mail. You have to return them to a Home Depot store|
|Paint||You can return interior or exterior paint to Home Depot if you’re not satisfied. The company will either correct or exchange it. You won’t receive any compensation for:
Consult the following table to find out how you can initiate a return request with Home Depot:
|Can You Initiate a Return Request Via||Yes/No|
To return your products to Home Depot using the Returns page, you have to:
- Visit the returns page
- Enter your order number
- Follow further instructions
If you have a Home Depot account, you can start the return process by:
- Signing in to your Home Depot account
- Visiting the My Orders page
- Finding the order that contains the product you want to return
- Clicking on the Return Item button
Regardless of whether you have an account, Home Depot will send you a return shipping label via email if your product is eligible for a return. Print it out and attach it to your package. All you need to do now is drop off your items at the nearest UPS location.
If you cannot take your items to a UPS location, call Home Depot’s customer service at 1-800-430-3376 to arrange a pickup.
To initiate a return request in person, complete these steps:
- Find and visit your nearest Home Depot store
- Approach a staff member and ask them to process your return request
- Provide the necessary information about your purchase
Let DoNotPay make your life easier—give us all the required information, and we’ll handle your returns for you. To return your products to Home Depot in no time, follow these instructions:
- Access DoNotPay using any web browser
- Select our Item Return Request product
- Answer a few brief questions about your Home Depot purchase
- Click on Sign and Submit
If you want to return your items to Home Depot by mail, we offer a free return shipping label. After returning your products, check out our article about the Home Depot refund policy to learn more about when and how the company will refund you.
Home Depot isn’t the only retailer we can help you return your products to—check out our guides to the return policies of companies such as:
The world’s first robot lawyer can help you get your hard-earned money back in several ways. Are you dissatisfied with a product or service you paid for and want to request a refund? Do you want to request a late delivery refund? No problem—DoNotPay will do that in your stead! Do you think that you may have missing money and want to claim it? We can assist you in finding it!
No matter the issue, DoNotPay is your shortcut through bureaucratic hurdles. Our AI-driven app can help you dispute your parking tickets, get refunds and compensation from airlines, cancel any subscription service in a flash, and so much more!
Being your personal AI-powered assistant, DoNotPay can help you get rid of:
Are you sick and tired of big companies not taking their customers seriously? Our app will lend you a helping hand in the process of suing them in small claims court.
Do you want to skip waiting in lines at the DMV, jump the phone queue when reaching customer service, get help with paying your bills, or get copyright protection for your work? Sign up for DoNotPay to complete these tasks and so much more!