What to Do When a Zipcar Account Is Suspended
Do you have an account that was suspended from the car-sharing community, Zipcar? We take a look at some of the reasons your account could have been suspended and discuss your options for appealing your .
One option we will discuss is the Appeal Banned accounts product from DoNotPay. Like all of the products from DoNotPay, this product aims to save you time and money by handling tasks on your behalf.
Reasons Your Zipcar Account Can Be Suspended
The car-sharing community Zipcar allows you to schedule the use of a car by the minute, hour, or day. Becoming a member of the community requires you to meet their requirements, which include having a valid, unexpired license and a good driving history. The loss of your driving privilege or involvement in an accident can result in a .
Here are a few more common reasons for Zipcar account suspension:
- Account compromised - Your account was hacked or accessed by someone besides you.
- Missing or unreturned car- Failure to return the car to the pick-up location.
- Balance overdue - If your balance is past due by three weeks, the account will be suspended.
- Violation of member contract - All terms of the contract must be followed.
- Violation of late return rules - If you are going to be late you can try to extend your scheduled time. If you can’t do it, it is because the car is not available, and you must contact Zipcar immediately. This may result in a fee of $50, $100, or $150, in addition to the cost of the additional time. Three occurrences within 12 months will result in account suspension.
- Violation of cleanliness rules - There is no smoking in the cars, and you must clean up after yourself, or you will be charged a fee of $50. Three or more occurrences within 12 months could result in account suspension.
What to Do if Your Zipcar Account Is Suspended
If you want to appeal your Zipcar account suspension, the website says you can submit an appeal request but does not say how to do so. Posts by other customers suggest going into the local Zipcar office to plead your case. Posts by other customers also warn that the company's customer service is far from helpful when they have gotten ahold of someone at all.
DoNotPay Can Assist With Your Zipcar Account Suspension
If you want assistance you can depend on, you need DoNotPay. When you let DoNotPay handle your account suspension appeal, you will know your appeal reaches the company successfully.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to the company. There will be a two-week deadline for the company to respond.
How to Avoid Your Zipcar Account Getting Suspended
The terms of the membership contract allow Zipcar to suspend any account at the company's discretion. They do not have to have a reason for suspending your account, and they may do so at any time, so avoiding account suspension may not be possible.
Here are some tips that might help you avoid getting your Zipcar account suspended:
- Keep all of your passwords private to avoid your account getting compromised. Change passwords regularly to combat data breaches.
- Be sure to return the Zipcar to the location it was picked up from and secure the car as instructed to prevent theft.
- When your balance is overdue by three weeks or your account could be suspended. Keep your balance paid current to avoid confusion.
- Carefully read all of the membership contract terms and membership rules. Be sure to follow all of the terms laid out in the contract and if you have questions or need clarification, check out the company's support page.
- If you have questions about the rules, you can refer to the company's support page or visit the local office to get answers or clarification.
- Maintain a valid, unexpired, government-issued driver's license and a good driving record free from accidents.
DoNotPay Can Assist With Suspension on Any Platform
The Appeal Banned Accounts product will assist you with appealing suspended or banned accounts at Zipcar or any other platform. The appeal letter that DoNotPay sends on your behalf will ask for your appeal to be considered, and a decision provided within two weeks of the letter being received.
Appealing to banned or suspended accounts has never been so easy. DoNotPay helps with all of these platforms and more.
Find Out What Else You Can Do With DoNotPay
Ready to save more time and money? Well, come on, because DoNotPay has the products for you. You will be amazed at all the ways DoNotPay has saved you time and money and how quick and easy the products are to use. Here are a few more product series to get you started saving today:
- Delete old accounts you no longer use.
- Recover account passwords so you can access old accounts.
- Fight identity theft and protect your identity.
- Learn about copyright protection and what your rights are.
- Let DoNotPay analyze the terms of service for any website.