The Most Effective Way of Appealing a Banned WhatsApp Account
WhatsApp has revolutionized communication between friends, families, social and business circles. The platform's Instant Messaging (IM) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) capabilities have made it easy, convenient, and fun for 75.1 million US users and 2 billion global users. However, violating the platform's strict Terms of Service will result in a ban on your account.
If these questions are bugging you, relax, DoNotPay will have your answers shortly. Just stick around. We’ll do our best to assist you in getting back your banned account at the soonest possible time.
How Can You Tell if a WhatsApp Account Is Banned
Unfortunately, WhatsApp doesn't issue any warnings before banning or suspending accounts. As per its policy, the platform can ban any account if the said account's activity violates the platform's terms of service without warning. Tell-tale signs that your includes:
- You are unable to log in or access your account
- You receive an in-app error message, 'your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help'.
If you’ve encountered the above-mentioned scenarios, you might have to appeal for your banned accounts to be reinstated.
Types of WhatsApp Suspensions
There are two main avenues that WhatsApp follows when handling users who violate the terms of service:
- Temporary suspension lasts anywhere between 24 – 48 hours to a few days (in severe cases). A temporary suspension is more of a warning when you violate some conditions of the ToS, such as using third-party apps. It appears on your phone in the form of a timer that counts down until you regain control of your account.
- Permanent suspension blocks your number permanently from accessing or operating on WhatsApp. In most cases, a permanent suspension results from several temporary suspensions.
A banned WhatsApp account could mean not getting access to the account. But, you can go on and appeal WhatsApp's initial suspension or ban.
Why Was I Banned From WhatsApp?
WhatsApp suspends numerous accounts daily for violating its strict terms of service, which, unfortunately, not many users read to understand. The various reasons why WhatsApp has banned your account include:
- Using unofficial WhatsApp apps/third-party apps such as GBWhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, and WhatsApp Delta, to name a few. These apps don't guarantee user safety and privacy.
- Multiple WhatsApp users on your contact list have blocked you, making WhatsApp flag your account as a source of spam or fake messages.
- WhatsApp has received multiple complaints against you.
- Personification or creating a fake WhatsApp account.
- You send malware, phishing links, pornography, threatening, defamatory, intimidating, illegal, hateful, or loaded messages. Also, photos or videos inciting violence.
- A loaded message contains a 'text bomb' that hides lots of code that overloads a phone causing apps to crash, including WhatsApp.
- Your account promotes child sex abuse and exploitation content.
What Are My Options When Facing a WhatsApp Ban?
When you notice your WhatsApp account is banned, there's no time to dilly dally. A restricted or banned account can be detrimental, primarily if you conduct your business through the platform. You can’t afford to disappoint your clients, vendors, and other stakeholders.
If you decide to appeal on your own, you can reach out to WhatsApp support through the following:
- Open your web browser, browse WhatsApp, and fill out their online contact form detailing your concern.
- Send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (WhatsApp for business), or email@example.com (users with accessibility challenges)
- Reinstall the app and hit the support button that appears in the initial installation steps
Sadly, contacting customer support and appealing your banned WhatsApp accounts isn't any assurance that you'll have your account back.
DoNotPay Will Help You With Your Banned WhatsApp!
There's no guarantee that you'll achieve success by contacting WhatsApp customer support to appeal your banned account. The policy you agreed to enables WhatsApp to maintain its initial stand on banning your account. Nevertheless, don't lose hope; DoNotPay has one ace to play—a demand letter.
Our process is swift and convenient in just three simple steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to WhatsApp. The demand letter contains a two-week deadline for the company to respond.
Just a heads up that WhatsApp has the right not to reinstate your permanently banned account and uphold the initial ban move. Our demand letter simply increases your chances by exerting legal pressure on the platform to consider your appeal on this initial ban.
Avoid a WhatsApp Banned Account
Now you know the hassle of appealing a banned WhatsApp account. In severe cases, you might not even regain control or access your account if you are permanently suspended.
The best way is to steer clear of any offenses that might jeopardize your account.
Refer to the following tips:
- Download WhatsApp from trusted sources such as WhatsApp's official site, Google Play Store, Microsoft Store, or Apple Store.
- Avoid adding any of your contacts to WhatsApp groups without their consent
- Avoid sending unsolicited promotional messages to any individual or groups
- Stick to WhatsApp's Terms of Service
- Once you receive a message, verify the sender and content. If possible, avoid forwarding any content.
- Enable two-step verification for added security, and provide an active email address if you get locked out of your account should you forget your six-digit PIN.
- Contact customer support if you suspect or identify suspicious activity on your account.
Prevention can go a long way in securing any valuable data in your WhatsApp account.
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal a Banned or Suspended Account on Any Platform
After sorting your banned WhatsApp account, that's not the end of the road. Our 'Appeal Banned Account' feature extends past WhatsApp into multiple platforms.
So, you can access DoNotPay and appeal banned accounts for various platforms including:
I Have Other Challenges. Can DoNotPay Help?
We definitely can! Our platform's capabilities go beyond appealing your banned WhatsApp account. Whether you are looking to fight text spam, take advantage of free trials without getting charged, or negotiate a hefty hotel bill, DoNotPay is your most valuable and capable ally.
Better still, we can also help you:
- Handle Identity Theft
- Understand Terms Of Service
- Recover Multiple Passwords
- Teach You How to Delete Various Accounts
- Get Invaluable Info About Copyright Protection
Sign up with DoNotPay right now.