Everything You Should Know About Twilio Phone Verification
Twilio is a cloud communications company that uses an application programming interface (API) to provide various forms of communication and phone verification. It is a nifty tool for people who need backup or multiple numbers, as well as growing businesses. If you are reluctant to disclose your phone number to a company or service you are signing up for, Twilio may be able to solve this problem for you.
We’ll go over how to use Twilio, which services won’t accept a Twilio number, and suggest solutions so that you can land on the best one!
How Does Twilio Verify a Phone Number?
Twilio doesn’t only create new phone numbers, but it also verifies discarded numbers that go through extensive screening and testing from network providers.
It can generate various phone numbers:
Why Companies Request Phone Numbers From Users
It is a well-known practice that most websites, services, and apps require phone numbers upon registration or soon after. This has left more than 80% of Americans concerned about their privacy online.
Numerous data breaches and leaks have happened so far, even to household names such as Yahoo, Instagram, and Facebook. Despite these slip-ups, companies downplay asking for your phone number by saying it will:
- Verify your identity
- Prove you are not a robot
- Make resetting your password easy
- Be used to recover a compromised account
- Stop spammers from creating multiple accounts
- Prevent potential hacking and suspicious activities
Can I Use Twilio To Bypass Phone Number Verification?
Twilio lets you buy phone numbers to bypass phone verification on various platforms.
The problem with Twilio is that the created number will only be accepted if the platform allows voice or call verification. If you need to receive SMS or code via text, Twilio will not work.
How Can I Verify a Phone Number Using Twilio?
For companies that provide call or voice verification, you can use a number you bought on Twilio. Prices range from $1 per number and up to $15 for a monthly service, depending on the type (local, toll-free, etc.), how many numbers you need, and what you are using them for (SMS, Voice, or Fax).
Follow these steps to generate a Twilio phone number:
- Sign up or sign in on Twilio
- Select Numbers in the upper part of your screen
- Click on Buy a Number
- Choose the Local or Toll-Free option
- Enter your area code and hit Search
- Tap on Buy next to the number you like
- Click on Buy This Number to confirm
- Hit Set Up Number
- Change the Voice Request URL by adding the phone number
- Tap on Save Changes
When, for example, a company like YouTube calls this number to verify it, the call will be forwarded to your real number.
How Else To Bypass Phone Verification
Since Twilio doesn’t successfully bypass every phone verification, it’s wise to be familiar with other options. Check out the pros and cons of each method:
Download fake phone number apps
Link Google Voice To Your Number
Search fake phone numbers
Buy a burner phone
DoNotPay—The Best App for SMS Verification
When all else fails, DoNotPay is a foolproof way to get you that verification code that’s standing between you and your account.
- A source of reliable temporary phone numbers
- A burner phone without the additional device
- A fake number app that is more convenient and affordable
- A tool that keeps you safe from phone number leaks
- A way to feel protected on dating apps like Tinder and MeetMe
How Does DoNotPay’s Burner Phone Feature Operate?
DoNotPay’s Burner Phone feature is designed to streamline the process of getting a fake phone number. Complete the following steps to create a number and code for phone verification:
- Open DoNotPay in a
- Choose the Burner Phone feature
- Fill in the name of the service requesting a verification
- Tap on Create a Temporary Number
- Hit View My Text Message once you get the phone number
The code and number you get from DoNotPay are active for ten minutes. During this time, you can verify one account with ease. If more services are requesting phone verification, repeat the steps to create a new number. Unlike Twilio, DoNotPay lets you create multiple phone numbers with no added cost.
Want To Protect Your Credit Card, Too? Use DoNotPay!
Even more important than protecting your phone number would be keeping your credit card info secure. Similarly to numerous companies demanding phone number verification, most services offering free trials request credit card info.
DoNotPay is here to make sure you don’t reveal your credit card when enjoying a free trial. How can we do that? DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator will produce a free virtual credit card, a fake name, and an email address. You can use this data to sign up for any free trial safely. Our virtual credit card with no deposit will protect you when the free trial expires, and the company tries to charge you. Since it won’t be able to take money from you, it will terminate your account.
Tackling Admin Issues Has Never Been Easier Thanks to DoNotPay
In these fast-paced and often stressful times, people have become accustomed to dealing with all sorts of pesky problems—legal, financial, and others. With DoNotPay, you won’t be alone in dealing with issues. As your virtual sidekick, we can help you deal with reporting consumer cellular robocalls, fighting online sexual harassment, or blocking spam email on Android.
Our area of expertise doesn't end there!
Open DoNotPay in your , and see how easy it can be to:
- Evade text message spam
- Solve credit card issues
- Appeal your parking tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Schedule a DMV appointment with ease
- Request a refund from any company
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Get in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Register on services without phone verification
- Free yourself from spam emails for good
- Cancel your subscriptions or memberships in no time
- Request a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Sue people or companies in small claims court
- Sign up for clinical trials near you
- Contest your traffic tickets
- Jump the phone queue when contacting customer support
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Fight your speeding tickets
- Start free trials risk-free
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment