How to Appeal Your Shadow Banned Tinder Account
Do you suspect that your ? If so, then worry not— we'll show you how to lift the ban or help you appeal the shadow ban right from your phone or PC.
Tinder is the most popular dating site with over 80 million users across 190 countries. The company is valued at $10 billion with reported annual revenue of over 1.2 billion. With such a huge number of users on the platform, there's bound to be a few misfits who deliberately break the rules, putting the company at risk. As such, the platform has measures in place to deal with rule-breakers although they can sometimes go overboard.
While you can appeal your ban on your own, DoNotPay can help you take it a notch higher by putting legal pressure on the company to reconsider its decision. DoNotPay can also help you appeal any account suspension or get your account unbanned within minutes. Let's find out how.
What Is a Shadow Ban?
All social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Reddit, etc are legally mandated to protect all their users. To ensure safety, they have the right to suspend or ban users who pose a security threat to others.
Your account may then be temporarily suspended or permanently blocked, depending on the severity of your actions. Usually, when a site decides to penalize a user for an infraction of their rules, they will send a warning or a notification informing you of your transgressions. However, in the case of a shadow ban, you wouldn't really know if you're being punished unless you know the signs to look out for.
How to Know if You've Been Shadow Banned on Tinder
While Tinder may not tell you that you've been , here are a few signs that tell you may be shadow banned on the platform:
- You can only see a few profiles: When you're shadow banned, you can only see a limited number of profiles. If you keep swiping left and come across the same profiles over and over again, it means your profile is invisible to several other users, which is a sign that you're shadow banned.
- Very few matches: If you notice that your number of new matches has drastically reduced, chances are you've been shadow banned.
- Little to no messages in your inbox: Initially your inbox was booming with new messages, but now there's nothing or just a few messages here and there. Well, something's not right and you've likely been shadow banned. If you can't get new matches, you won't have anyone filling your inbox.
- Getting the Error "Oops Something Went Wrong" Too Often: This is one of the most obvious signs of a Tinder shadow ban. Since your profile is no longer being shown to prospective matches, there's nothing to show on your end as well, causing the error.
- Sudden decline in several likes: Every time you have a new like on your Tinder profile, you receive a notification. If you're not getting any notifications of new likes, you've probably been shadow banned.
What May Cause Your Tinder Account to Be Shadow Banned?
Tinder may shadow ban your account if you break the community guidelines in the following ways:
- Sending, posting, or asking for explicit content
- Self-promotion or solicitation on the platform
- Harassment of other users
- Sex trafficking or prostitution
- Engaging in hate speech
- Scamming other users, etc
Besides breaking the platform's community guidelines, you can also be shadow banned for the following:
- Sending the same message to multiple users
- Swiping rights way too many times; creating a suspicion of robotic behavior
- You've been reported by other users multiple times
- Restarting your account multiple times in a given timespan, which is a sign of suspicious behavior
How to Fix a Tinder Shadow Ban on Your Own
A cannot be lifted since it's not considered a ban and the platform doesn't necessarily acknowledge its existence. When you delete your account, Tinder retains your information for up to 3 months as stated in their terms of service. Even after the three months have passed, you may still be shadow banned. The only way to lift the shadow ban is to create a completely new account with new details. Here are the steps to lift your Tinder shadow ban:
- Delete your account from the application
- Uninstall the application from your devices
- Disconnect Tinder from your other social media accounts
- Get a new phone number or a virtual phone number or email address
- Create a new Apple or Google Play account
- Create a new Tinder account
Tinder can still identify you if you use any of your old information, which is why you have to create fresh details to lift the shadow ban.
Fight Your Tinder Shadow Ban With DoNotPay
The process of can be complex if you do it on your own. In addition, the chances of success are slimmer if you go about it the wrong way. DoNotPay can help you get unbanned by putting pressure on Tinder management to have them reconsider your appeal and unban your account. We can also help you appeal an official ban from Tinder if you feel the ban was unfair. To get started, here's how our Appeal Banned Accounts Product works:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter immediately, and send it to the company. It will contain a two-week deadline for the company to respond.
You can also appeal a ban or suspension of any of the following accounts:
|Xbox One||Banned from Facebook||YouTube|
|Tinder Ban||Amazon Suspension||Unbanned by Twitter|
|Steam Ban||Instagram Ban|
|Omegle Unban||Banned from Tik Tok||Playstation|
Solve All Your Administrative and Legal Issues With DoNotPay
DoNotPay has incredible products that help all users solve all legal and administrative issues just by clicking a few buttons. Our products include but are not limited to:
- Dispute parking tickets
- Dispute seatbelt tickets
- Fight spam mail and texts
- Divorce settlement agreement
- Fight and waive hidden fees
- Financial aid appeal
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates and more
All you have to do is and start using our products either from your PC or mobile phone.