Was Your Second Life Account Terminated? We Can Help!
There's nothing like getting the old "" email. It's even worse when you have no idea what you did to get into hot water with the game's parent company, Linden Lab. But if that letter gives you the option to appeal, it's possible you can be let back in.
Simply follow their instructions to the letter or better yet, have DoNotPay act as your "virtual lawyer" and handle your appeal for you.
Is It Hard to Get Banned From Second Life?
Second Life is very permissive with its user-created environment, but there are dozens of ways you can inadvertently violate their policies and get your account suspended. We've created a summary of Second Life's terms and conditions, or you can read them directly from the Second Life website.
What to Do if Your Second Life Account Has Been Suspended
Did you get an email notification from Linden Lab? If it’s not in your inbox, your best bet would be the spam folder. The email should let you know whether your account's on hold or if it's been .
If it's the latter, it's game over; there's nothing anyone, including DoNotPay, can do to change Linden Lab's decision. Chances are, any accounts using the same ISP will also be banned. But if Linden Labs gives you the option to appeal, you can follow the links and instructions in the email to make your case for reinstatement.
What if You Can’t Find the Email?
If you can't find the email in your inbox or junk mail folders, you can submit a support ticket without logging in. Here's what to do:
- Go to www.secondlife.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom left side of the page and click "Support".
- On the next page, look for a sidebar on the lower right of the page and click on "Submit a support ticket".
- Click "Continue as a guest".
- Use the form on the next page to write your appeal to Linden Lab.
Tips for Writing Your Appeal Letter
We can write a letter for you, or you can give it a go yourself. Just be sure you follow these guidelines:
- Don't let your emotions get the better of you, no matter how upset you are.
- If you don't know what you did wrong, write something like "Please let me know which section of your Terms and Conditions I violated so I can be sure not to do it again should you give me another chance."
- If you do know what you did wrong, address them specifically when you apologize. For example, "I acted against the agreement we made when we signed up when I (your offense). Whether or not it was intentional, I understand why you suspended my account and hope you will see fit to give me another chance."
- Be sure to include your account information and the email you used to sign up with Second Life in your message since you're contacting Linden Lab as a guest.
You should hear back from Linden Lab via email within two weeks, hopefully sooner.
Get Your Second Life Account Back With DoNotPay!
If you're like many Second Life players, you've invested a lot of time, energy, and even money building your Second Life account, and it's worth it to put forth the effort to get a suspension or ban reversed.
If you're unsure that you can properly write an appeal letter to Linden Lab, or you wish you had a lawyer to help you get your in-game intellectual property and your account back, you can turn to DoNotPay.
Here's how we can help:
1. Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban Gaming Account product.
2. Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
3. Click on the Sign and Submit button.
And that's it! We'll do the rest, writing an appeal letter to Linden Lab requesting that they unban your account.
As we mentioned earlier, once Linden Lab announces that it has permanently suspended your account, there is no room for appeal. That's why it's important to get it done right the first time, and allowing us to do it gives you the best chance for a good outcome. DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal Banned or Suspended Accounts on Any Platform
Did you stumble upon this page while trying to find out how to get unbanned from another game or platform? No worries! We can help you appeal your case to anyone. Here are some articles about a few of the companies to which we've successfully appealed our clients' bans:
Other Tasks That We Can Do for You
Do you need us on your side for another consumer advocacy issue? We offer hundreds of services to make your life easier and save you money. Our user-friendly apps can even make tedious, difficult jobs fun.
What do you need to do today? We can help:
- Get copyright protection on your intellectual property
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Fight identity theft
- Find and enroll in clinical trials
- Find out (and benefit) if a company is violating its Terms of Service
- Get fees waived (from airlines to credit cards)
- Permanently delete accounts with any company
- Get compensation for robocall violations
- Recover lost account passwords, even when you think it's impossible
No matter the challenge, DoNotPay likely has a solution. We're sure you'll want us on your side as you tackle all those projects you've been putting off!