All Questions About Scholarships for Transgender Students Answered
If you are looking for a way to reduce high-sky education costs, you should look into specialized aid for students with diverse gender identities.
The funds can come from LGBTQ+ organizations, private foundations, and professional associations. You can get free money in varying amounts, so applying for all scholarships you are eligible for is the best strategy.
Where to find scholarships for transgender students that you are eligible for? DoNotPay will let you know! Use our simple guide to collect information on:
- What types of LGBT programs exist
- How to diversify your options
- Where to look for gift aid
- How to apply
- What the easiest way of finding and applying for scholarships and grants is
There is a growing number of gift aid programs for LGBTQ+ students. If you want to get an advanced academic degree, there are some specific scholarships you can apply for.
While transgender students can qualify for LGBTQ+ scholarships, certain aid types target only the students who identify as transexual.
Review the available financial assistance for transgender and LGBTQ+ youth:
- National LGBTQ+ scholarships
- Regional LGBTQ+ scholarships
- State LGBTQ+ scholarships
- Graduate LGBTQ+ scholarships
- Transgender-specific scholarships
Private organizations, companies, and foundations aren’t the only sources of scholarships. As an LGBTQ+ student, you can also receive national aid—including:
- Point Foundation Scholarships
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association’s (NLGJA) Leroy F. Aarons Scholarship Award
- The Transgender Scholarship and Education Legacy Fund
- PFLAG Scholarship Program
- Fund for Education Abroad Rainbow Scholarship
You can inquire about aid options in your area. Some region-specific aid opportunities are:
- Just Out Scholarships for Oregon and Washington residents
- The Lax Scholarship Fund for Gay Men for the Philadelphia region
- George Choy Memorial Scholarship/Gay Asian Pacific Alliance Award for students living in the Bay Area
- The Harvey Milk/Tom Homann Gay and Lesbian Student Scholarship for the San Diego area
- The Matthew Shephard Scholarship Foundation for Iowa students
Every college or university has scholarships dedicated to supporting certain groups. For LGBTQ+ students, the most notable school aid programs are:
- The University of California, Los Angeles—The Lambda Alumni (UCLA Lesbian and Gay Alumni Association) Scholarship Program
- City College of San Francisco—The Allen (Dan) Memorial Scholarship
- The University of Kansas LGBTQIA+ Scholarships
- Iowa State University—The Scott Rohlf Presidential Leadership Initiative Award
- Penn State University—The Barry H. Marshal Scholarship
Do you want to pursue a graduate or even post-graduate degree? Here’s what can help you cut a portion of the costs:
- Maylon-Smith Scholarship Award
- The Lesbian Caucus of the National Women’s Studies Association
- The Society of Lesbian and Gay Anthropologists of the American Anthropological Association–the Kenneth W. Payne Student Prize
If you openly identify as transgender, gender diverse, or nonbinary, you can apply for the following gift aid:
- Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women and Transgender Community Scholarship
- Grand Rapids Trans Foundation Academic Scholarship
- TransgenderFirst College Scholarship
- Trans Student Educational Resources Scholarship
If you meet other specific qualifications and pursue scholarships that award students in those groups, you’ll have more opportunities. The more applications you send out, the better your chances of getting enough aid will be.
Here are some examples of additional categories and corresponding college scholarships you can look into:
|Ethnicity||Field of Study||Life Circumstances||Hobbies and Sports|
|African||Biology||Students with a learning disability||Track|
|Asian||Foreign language||Foster youth||Poetry|
Compiling a list of suitable scholarships means that you need to collect information from several sources. The most common ones are:
- LGBTQ+ Resource Centers at colleges and universities you are interested in
- Local LGBTQ+ organizations
- Human Rights Campaign LGBTQ+ Student Scholarship Database
- Websites of LGBTQ+ regional and state organizations
You can cut this process short if you sign up for DoNotPay. Based on your unique qualifications, we’ll surface every match so you don’t miss a great program. You can receive a full list of scholarships available to you in less than three minutes!
Applying for scholarships is a challenging experience. There are several key tasks you need to handle:
- Check eligibility requirements for every aid type
- Single out programs you qualify for
- Prepare paperwork for each scholarship
- Write several scholarship essays
Certain funders can request proof of your involvement in the LGBTQ+ community or the way you support it. You might also need to supply letters of recommendation.
Scholarships and grants are a few clicks away—yours is only to:
- Open a DoNotPay account and log in
- Choose our Apply for Scholarships product
- Answer a few questions about your:
A few minutes later, you’ll receive a custom-made list. You can revise the amount, requirements, and deadlines in the app. If you wish, we can even apply in your stead for any no-essay scholarship on the list.
Completing mundane tasks doesn’t have to be a nightmare! With our help, you can relax and finish them in a few taps! All you need to do is register for DoNotPay and let us help you with:
- Reaching out to embassies and consulates
- Appealing a low or rejected financial aid offer
- Sending refund, late delivery, and FOIA requests
- Contacting incarcerated loved ones
- Appealing property tax assessments
- Gathering paperwork for tourist visas
- Setting up DMV appointments without breaking a sweat
If you need to draft a legal document, such as a divorce settlement agreement, power of attorney, or a child consent form, hiring a lawyer to assist you is probably the first thing that comes to mind. What if we told you that spending hundreds of dollars on legal services is unnecessary? Not only can DoNotPay draft contracts and agreements in a few minutes, but it is also your most affordable and effortless option!
The benefits our app provides don’t stop there! After we generate your document, we’ll connect you with a remote notary and show you how to get it notarized online without leaving the comfort of your home! You can even fax the document online and skip dealing with outdated fax machines.