A Simple Guide to Iowa State Scholarships
Studying at Iowa State University can be much less stressful if you have a scholarship. To get your hands on this financial aid type, you will need to search for all of the ones you are eligible for.
With all the scholarships awarded in Iowa, the choices are endless. How can you filter the Iowa State scholarships you can get? With DoNotPay!
Follow this guide to get top info about different scholarships you can apply for and details on how the application process works.
Iowa State supports its students’ education with versatile scholarships. Some scholarships depend on your level of education, while others are awarded to students based on their specific circumstances or inclusivity. The scholarships you can revise for financing your ISU studies are:
- Freshmen scholarships
- Current students scholarships
- Transfer students scholarships
- International students scholarships
- Graduates scholarships
- Additional scholarships
- Scholarships outside of the Iowa State University
To award and motivate high school students with excellent academic achievements, Iowa State has merit scholarships for freshmen. These scholarships are:
- National Merit Full Tuition Scholarship
- Loyal Scholar
- Forever Scholar
Students who are already enrolled in ISU should primarily look for scholarships within their specific college or department. As a current student, you have an opportunity to find aid designed for your field in particular. You can contact your department’s office to get more information about scholarships for undergraduates.
If you are coming to Iowa University as a transfer student, you can look into the following scholarship options:
- The Iowa State Community College Transfer Scholarship
- The Transfer Achievement Award
- The Transfer Success Award
- The Generations Award
- The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarships, including:
- The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Member Scholarship
- The PTK All-State Academic Team Award
- The PTK All-USA Academic Team Award
International students can apply for any scholarship that isn’t limited to U.S. citizens. Some of the scholarships that these students are eligible for are:
- International Merit Scholarships
- Iowa State University Scholarships
- Anne Doyle International Student Award
- Return to Iowa Generations Scholarship
Grad students can get funding for their higher education through ISU scholarships, such as:
- Diane Brandt Scholarship
- F. Wendell Miller Scholarship
- Tuition Scholarships for In-Service Teacher Professional Development
- Diversity Funding Initiative Scholarships
- EPA Marshall Scholarship Program
- Nancy Foster Scholarship
- George A. Jackson Award
- Iowa State Ronald E. McNair Scholarship
Other than scholarships you apply for through the University’s official application system, you can search for financial aid under certain categories. Iowa State has specific centers, programs, and awards for their diverse students—including:
- Center for LGBTQIA+ scholarships
- Department of Residence scholarships
- Hixson Opportunity Awards
- Military Science scholarships
- Multicultural Visual Program scholarships
- Return to Iowa-Generations scholarships
- Study Abroad scholarships
- University Honor Scholarships
- Veterans Centers scholarships
- Roy J. Carver Scholarship
Not all scholarships are tied to Iowa State. You can find college scholarships that are created to provide monetary help to students from distinct groups. These funds usually come from foundations, philanthropists, and for- and non-profit organizations.
Check out some of the specific scholarships you can apply for:
- Veterans’ scholarships
- Scholarships for women
- Muslim students scholarships
- Soccer scholarships
- Scholarships for students with disabled parents
- Low-income students scholarships
If you want to find ISU scholarships, you should take these steps:
- Go to the Scholarships page on the ISU official website
- Click on the OneApp option
- Select View All Scholarships
- Type in a keyword to narrow down the search results—for example, engineering
For scholarships coming from other sources, you’ll need to look online. If you want to unify the research process and get a full list of scholarships you qualify for, . We will discover every single scholarship and grant you can get within a couple of minutes. Use our app to apply for any no-essay scholarship in a few clicks!
Iowa State University has created the OneApp scholarship portal that allows students to apply for scholarships from a single system—by following these steps:
- Go to the Iowa State University website
- Click on OneApp
- Select Apply
- Sign in with your ISU Net-ID and password
- Follow the instructions
When you submit the request, the system will match you with all awards you qualify for.
The Office of Student Financial Aid, your college or department, or other campus units will use this application to choose the recipients. For any further questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that not all university scholarships use OneApp. Aid listed among the Additional Scholarships category demands a separate application. Scholarships that come from outside sources also have their own way of applying and unique requirements. They might ask you for a letter of recommendation, a scholarship essay, or another document.
When you need to apply for the ISU scholarships depends on several factors—such as your level of education and department. Check the table below to find relevant deadlines:
|Department/College||Deadline for Freshmen||Deadline for Current Students||Deadline for Transfer Students|
|Office of Student Financial Aid||September 1–January 11||September 1—March 1||September 1—March 1|
||September 1–January 11||September 1—March 1||September 1—March 1|
|Engineering||September 1–January 11||November 1–February 1||
|Human Sciences||September 1–January 11||September 1–January 1||
For information about scholarship deadlines for graduate studies, you need to contact your department.
Are you looking for a way to find all scholarships you are eligible for in less than three minutes? , and you’ll get a personalized list of scholarships—along with information about the amounts and deadlines.
Get your list now by doing the following:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Select the Apply for Scholarships tool
- Fill out our simple questionnaire
That’s the whole ordeal! Your list will pop up in a jiffy, and you can start reviewing and applying for scholarships.
Forget about getting frustrated and overwhelmed by the administrative tasks waiting for you to complete them! With DoNotPay’s numerous tools, you can easily resolve such tasks in a heartbeat! All you need to do is sign up for our app, and you’ll be able to:
Are pesky robocalls and email spammers working your last nerve? Don’t despair—we are happy to help you get rid of them! In a few clicks, you can also stop text spam and avoid the incessant phone buzzing!