Package Delivered to the Wrong Address—What Now?
Waiting for your package to show up can be infuriating. You keep checking the status of your shipment to organize someone to be at home and pick it up.
What if the status says the package was delivered, but you have not received it? Was your package delivered to the wrong address?
Don’t despair! This article offers guidance and shows you a convenient way to file a claim with the courier.
If you find out that USPS, FedEx, UPS, or any other courier has delivered your package to the wrong address, you can consider taking the following steps:
|Steps To Follow||Additional Information|
|Confirm the tracking status||Before taking any action, you need to verify the shipment status. The easiest way to do that is by entering the tracking number in the courier’s online tracking tool. If the status says Delivered, you should:
|Look around||If no one was at home, a courier might have left the parcel someplace around your house. You should check at, for instance, your:
|Check with your neighbors||As packages sometimes end up at a neighbor’s address by mistake, you might want to check with them before contacting the delivery company|
|Get in touch with the courier company||You should contact the courier company to:
When you realize that your package was misdelivered, you should contact the:
The companies will confirm whether they sent your package to the wrong address. If this is the case, they can send a driver to that address to pick up your parcel and deliver it to you.
To get a refund, you should file a claim if:
- You do not receive your package after a few days
- The parcel cannot be located, i.e., the courier company informs you it has been lost
Once the company processes your claim and reviews the case, they will notify you whether you will receive your money back.
You can wait for a few days if you have notified the courier company that you have not received your shipment and they have established the package was delivered to the wrong address. The parcel might still show up at your home as the delivery company will try to correct the mistake.
If the courier company informs you that they failed to retrieve your package and it is declared lost, you should file a claim to collect a refund.
You can submit a claim:
- By yourself—Keep in mind that as the process is time-consuming, you need to arm yourself with patience
- Via DoNotPay—Our AI-powered app can handle the whole process for you in no time!
If, for some reason, you insist on doing everything on your own, here is what you can do:
- Access the UPS Login page
- Type in your information
- Hit the Log In button
- Provide package details
- Choose your role, i.e., whether you are a receiver or sender
- Include package information
- Provide supporting documentation (if you have any)
- Open the Inquiry page
- Choose the appropriate reason for your request below, e.g., Where is my package?
- Follow the required steps
- Provide the necessary information, including:
- Your address
- The sender’s address
- The size and type of the package
- Any supporting evidence, e.g., photos
If you have filed your claim but do not hear back from a USPS representative, you should call their customer care center.
How about focusing your time and energy on something better than contacting customer service? to file a claim automatically and resolve the issue of a lost, stolen, or damaged package smoothly.
Our app can help you resolve your package problems with various courier companies efficiently. You do not need to waste your time and energy on getting in touch with customer service or filling out extensive (online) forms. Not only does DoNotPay eliminate these obstacles, but we can also help you receive a refund for experiencing shipping issues.
and follow these steps:
- Select our Late Delivery Refund product
- Choose the courier company
- Enter the necessary details about the shipment
We can help you get valuable tips and precise steps when you experience problems with your personal or business deliveries. For instance, take a look at:
- What you can do if your FedEx or Amazon package is late
- How you can claim a UPS, USPS, or FedEx refund stress-free
Claiming late, missed, and damaged item delivery refunds is only one in a sea of services you can get with our app. We can show you how you can:
- Return products to any company
- Reach out to their customer service effortlessly
- Submit a warranty claim for any product
- Request refunds and chargebacks in a matter of minutes
- Get cash back from any gift card
- File an insurance claim for insured mail with any shipping company
As if that were not enough, we can also unsubscribe you from a company's email list, stop any annoying robocalls or robo texts they are bothering you with, and cancel any service or free trial you're unhappy with or are no longer using. Our Free Trial Card and Burner Phone products can help you try out any service without being spammed or auto-charged later on.
DoNotPay is invaluable when dealing with companies and their confusing policies, but we can also help you bypass tedious government procedures. If you use our app, you'll have no trouble filing FOIA requests, passing government exams, reducing property taxes, as well as drafting legal documents and getting them notarized in a single app!