UPS Package Didn’t Arrive on Delivery Date—How To Submit a Complaint the Easy Way
Receiving a package later than expected is always frustrating, and contacting a courier is usually a tedious process. If you’re wondering what to do if your UPS package didn’t arrive on the delivery date, don’t fret because DoNotPay will provide you with all the answers!
In this article, you’ll find out more about late deliveries and learn how to file a complaint in a matter of minutes.
In case your UPS package didn’t arrive on the delivery date, the first step you want to take is to track the order down. This will allow you to see whether it’s still being delivered or if it’s lost, stolen, or delivered to the wrong address. To check the status of your UPS package, you will have to:
- Go to the UPS tracking page
- Enter your package tracking number
- Hit Track button
If the status of your order says “delivered,” but your package hasn’t arrived, you should contact UPS.
If you’ve lost your UPS tracking number, you can track your package via:
- Reference Number
- UPS My Choice
- UPS InfoNotice
When you’re ordering a package, UPS will offer you to assign a reference number. This can either be a description of the product or the order number. To track your package with the reference number:
- Go to the UPS tracking page
- Find and click on Track by Reference Number
- Select the shipment type
- Enter the shipment reference and shipper account
- Fill out the required dates
- Select the destination country or territory
- Input ZIP code
- Hit Track
Tracking via UPS My Choice allows you to choose where, when, and how your packages are delivered. By opting for UPS My Choice, you will be able to watch your deliveries move from point A to point B. If any changes occur or the delivery is late, you will be notified via email or text message.
If your UPS package is not delivered on time, you will receive a UPS InfoNotice. To track your package with it, you will have to:
- Go to the UPS tracking tool
- Enter the 12-digit number (found on the UPS InfoNotice)
- Request another delivery date
If a UPS package didn’t arrive on the delivery date, it’s most likely because of one of the following reasons:
|The weather||Bad weather is the most common cause of delayed deliveries|
|Incorrect address specification||If you misspell your street name or apartment number, your package will be late, and UPS will charge you $15.90 for a redelivery|
|Insufficient documentation||Sometimes retailers forget to attach necessary documents—such as a commercial invoice or packing list—so the package clearance can’t be provided|
|Poor carrier performance||Chances are that the error is in the hands of the courier, in which case you are entitled to report a problem or even request a refund|
To submit a delivery complaint to UPS, you can:
- Call Customer Care on 1-800-742-5877 (1-800-PICK-UPS®)
- Send an email to Customer Services email@example.com
Do you want to get a refund from UPS in case your UPS package was not delivered on a scheduled date? You will have to file the request within 15 calendar days of the scheduled delivery date and:
- Call 1-800-PICK-UPS® (1-800-742-5877) and say Refund
- Log into the UPS Billing Center and select Request a Refund
In case you want to submit a claim without phoning customer services or filling out long forms, DoNotPay has your back! Our app has a handy Late Delivery Refund product that you can use to file a complaint and request a refund in a few clicks. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Late Delivery Refund product
- Choose the courier and provide details about the shipment
We will submit a complaint and compensation claim on your behalf, so you won’t have to bother dealing with the customer service.
Whether your package is damaged or didn’t arrive on the delivery date and you don’t need it anymore, you may want to return it. We’ve developed a product that you can use to return a product in a flash! Complete these steps to request a return:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from any browser
- Locate the Item Return Request product
- Answer a few questions about your purchase
- Include photos of the item if you have any
DoNotPay will let the merchant know what’s wrong with the purchased item via a custom return letter. We will also specify whether you want a refund or a replacement, and you’ll receive the package free of charge because we’ll send a return label.
If you’re facing any other delivery-related issues, DoNotPay’s articles provide all the necessary info. Here’s a list of some of them:
- What can I do about a lost FedEx package?
- USPS is late with delivery—can I get a refund?
- What is the easiest way to get an Amazon late delivery refund?
- UPS lost my package—how can I file a claim?
- How can I get a refund for a lost USPS package?
- Is it possible to get a FedEx late delivery refund?
Helping you apply for a late, damaged, or missed delivery refund is only a fragment of what we can do for you. If you aren't satisfied with the service you've received or an item you've purchased, all you need to do is fire up your DoNotPay app.
We can bypass any company's customer service, draft a refund demand letter, or initiate a chargeback process in your stead. Our app can also digest the company's return policy and help you send the faulty product back. You won't have to lift a finger as our app does everything automatically after you answer several essential questions related to your purchase. If you decide to mail a letter to the company yourself, we'll tell you how you need to draft it to get exactly what you need.
It doesn't matter whether you bought a package for an incarcerated loved one, expected an insured mail delivery, or made a purchase to redeem a gift card but still have a few bucks left on it—we'll help you make the most of the situation. Our app can get your gift card cash back, file an insurance claim, and connect you with the loved one in jail.
Our app can prove handy in a variety of other situations, such as:
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Drafting a child travel consent form
- Getting important documents notarized
- Entering raffles for free
- Reducing your property taxes
- Writing legal documents and contracts
- Making DMV appointments
- Practicing for various government tests
- Submitting Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
Visit our learning center for a full range of our services.