Get a FedEx Refund in Just a Few Easy Steps
FedEx is a multinational delivery services company that operates out of Memphis. Overnight shipping and package tracking make it a convenient service that is used by millions across the U.S. With hundreds of millions of packages delivered every year, mistakes are a common occurrence. Customers can end up paying for late deliveries, missing shipments, and faulty products. When this happens, it’s only natural that you’ll request a refund.
The FedEx Refund Policy
Lots of things can go wrong during the delivery process. If mistakes are made, the customer is compensated accordingly. FedEx permits refunds in these situations:
- Missing shipments
- Damaged packages
- Billing errors
- Late deliveries
To get a refund for missing or damaged packages, customers have to file a claim on the FedEx website.
FedEx offers a Money Back Guarantee for shipments that arrive later than specified. Even if the package arrives only a minute after it’s supposed to, you are entitled to a refund. It’s worth noting that it only applies to shipments that have an exact delivery commitment time. You can obtain one by sending the following information to FedEx customer service:
- What product is being shipped
- The exact date of the shipment
- The arrival destination
- The weight of the package
- The total value of the shipment
Further limitations apply to the money-back guarantee. Any mistakes or delays due to customs transfers are not considered the fault of FedEx.
How to Make a Fedex Refund Request
There are different ways to ask FedEx for a refund, depending on what’s wrong with your shipment. There are three situations that warrant a refund request:
- Your shipment hasn’t arrived, or it’s been damaged
- The number on your bill doesn’t match the price of the shipment
- The exact delivery commitment time wasn’t honored
Refunds for Missing & Damaged Shipments
When you haven’t received a package, or you notice that it’s damaged, you can request compensation from FedEx. To do this, you have to:
- Go to the FedEx website
- Navigate to Customer Support>Claims
- Fill in the online form
- Add necessary documentation and verify your identity
- Submit your claim
FedEx will require that you inspect your package if it’s damaged. Take photographs of the packaging and the product inside. Email the documented damage if FedEx requests it.
Refunds for Billing Errors
Customers will sometimes receive charges on their cards that don’t match the price of their shipment. Billing errors are especially common when canceling one order and creating a new one. Contact FedEx customer support to resolve this issue. If the company doesn’t compensate you, request a chargeback with your bank. To speed up the process, you should use DoNotPay’s Chargeback Instantly option.
Refunds for Late Deliveries
If your package has an exact delivery commitment time and shows up late, FedEx will refund the full value of the shipment. To request a refund for late delivery, do the following:
- Write a letter to the local FedEx Customer Service Department to inform them of the late shipment
- Include the air waybill, FedEx account number of the shipment, and all of the package’s specifications
- Mail the letter within 14 days of the predetermined ship date
You can utilize one of the following methods to request a refund:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
|Customer support phone line||
What’s the Quickest Way to Get FedEx Refunds?
It can take a while to get a FedEx refund. Your request won’t always be approved, and you might have to send multiple requests. Instead of spending your whole day filling out forms and writing letters, let DoNotPay handle the refund request. Our handy robot lawyer app makes sure you get your money back as quickly as possible, without wasting your time.
If that sounds appealing enough, open the app in your web browser. To send your refund request in mere minutes, follow these steps:
- Sign in to DoNotPay
- Scroll down and find Chargeback Instantly and press Get Protected
- Talk to our chatbot and answer a few key questions about the charge
- Add your digital signature and submit
The app will then fax your request to the bank. DoNotPay will also handle the paperwork and gather Visa and Mastercard codes that you’ll need for your case. The app can even contact FedEx on your behalf, giving additional credibility to your chargeback claim.
Can I Track My FedEx Refund Claim?
You can track the status of your refund through the FedEx website. To do so, you must:
- Log in to your FedEx Freight or FedEx Express account
- Go to the FedEx Reporting Online page
- Schedule reporting
- Check your claims report
How Long Does It Take To Receive a FedEx Refund for Late Delivery?
It takes some time to process a refund request for late deliveries. Once your claim is verified and approved, you should receive an adjustment to your FedEx invoice within seven to ten business days.
Issues You Might Run Into When Requesting a FedEx Refund
The outcome of your FedEx refund request depends on quite a few factors:
- Where you live
- The kind of product being shipped
- Who packaged the item
- Whether or not a third party handled the package
Your request may be denied for various reasons.
Since FedEx doesn’t control the weather nor customs protocol, delays caused by these factors aren’t their responsibility.
If a third party ordered or packaged the item, you can only hope that they have a reasonable refund policy. FedEx doesn’t consider shipments handled by third parties to be their responsibility. If you can’t prove that damage occurred while the package was in FedEx’s possession, you’re out of luck.
Think About DoNotPay as Your Digital Butler
Our handy app is great at getting refunds from any business. If there’s a charge you don’t think is justified, DoNotPay can handle it. Only dealing with refunds doesn’t seem fit for a robot lawyer app, does it? The great thing about DoNotPay is that it can help you with a wide variety of challenges, both offline and online.
If you need to stop a cyberstalker or sue someone for harassment, our app has your back. If FedEx starts pestering you with spam Emails, we can block them. Want to lower your bills? It’s doable with DoNotPay’s knowledge and resources. We handle just about everything from parking ticket disputes to canceled flight compensations.
If you want to start using the app, open it in your web browser.
DoNotPay can help you by simplifying all of the following tasks:
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever