Don’t Despair—Your USPS Lost Package Issue Can Be Solved Easily
Have you been looking forward to receiving your online order, but the package is not arriving? It might be lost or running late.
What should you do in case of a USPS lost package—should you contact the sender or the USPS? This article offers explanations and different solutions to your problem.
What To Do in Case of a USPS Lost Package Event
If your package is missing and you know the courier is USPS, you can handle the situation by:
- Filing a request by yourself
- Letting DoNotPay resolve the issue quickly
File a USPS Missing Package Claim Online or via Mail
In case you want to go through the claim process by yourself, you have two alternatives to choose from—you can file a USPS lost package claim:
- By mail
File Your Claim Online
If your online order or gift sent by a family member has not arrived in due time, here is what you can do:
|Steps To Take||Further Information|
|Visit the USPS tracking system||
Keep in mind that a USPS package might be late, and in that case, you should wait a little longer before filing a claim. If the status says that the package has been delivered, but you have not got it, proceed to the following step
|File a request||
|Track the status of your request||Once you have filed the request, you should expect to receive:
File a USPS Lost Package Claim via Mail
Do you prefer filling out paper forms? You can ask USPS to send you a Domestic Claim Form by mail. Here is how you can get one:
- Contact the USPS National Materials Customer Service at 1-800-332-0317
- Ask for a paper Domestic Claim Form
Make sure to call the customer service during their business hours—Monday–Friday, 6 a.m.–6 p.m. (CT). Once you get the form, complete it and mail it to the address provided on the document. Keep in mind that you should include all the required evidence.
The whole procedure can be time-consuming and troublesome. Besides having to complete the steps listed in the table above, you will probably need to contact customer service more than once. If you would like to save your time, you should access DoNotPay to get help dealing with your lost package issue hassle-free.
What Should You Do When an Insured or Priority USPS Package Is Not Delivered?
If the USPS lost package is insured, registered, or sent via Priority Mail, you can submit your claim online by following these steps:
- Go to the File a Domestic Claim page
- Check the filing period—depending on the type of the package, you will have to wait from seven to 45 days before you can file your claim
- Collect the required documents and information, including:
- The tracking or label number
- Proof of purchased insurance
- Original mailing receipt
- Printed electronic label record
- Proof of value, including sales receipt, paid invoice or bill of sale, statement of value, and credit card billing statement
- File the claim
Note that you will need to create a USPS account to be able to submit the claim. Once you file it, you can track it in the Claim History section of your account.
DoNotPay Can Help You Solve the USPS Lost Package Problem in No Time!
Filing a USPS missing package claim does not have to be nerve-wracking any longer! DoNotPay has created a tool that will help you resolve any delivery problem in a few clicks.
To file your lost package claim quickly, subscribe to DoNotPay and follow these simple steps:
- Open the Late Delivery Refund product
- Choose USPS
- Provide details about the shipment
That’s it! You do not have to do anything else as DoNotPay will file your claim with the USPS automatically.
There is no reason for you to waste time:
- Calling the customer service
- Waiting in lines
- Discussing USPS refunds for lost packages
DoNotPay can handle USPS delivery problems for you in a matter of minutes!
DoNotPay also provides information on:
- How late USPS package deliveries can be
- What to do when the tracking system shows that a USPS package has been delivered to your mailbox, but you have not received it
- How to claim USPS insurance
Our AI-powered app can help you solve missing package problems with numerous couriers and postal service providers. To get valuable information, you should browse through our extensive knowledge base.
You might be interested in finding out what you can do when:
- Amazon deliveries are late
- FedEx packages are late or lost
- UPS packages are missing or have not arrived
DoNotPay is capable of way more than handling late or missed deliveries. We are experts in securing refunds and chargebacks, gift card cash backs, airline compensation, as well as making returns on unsatisfactory purchases. We have a way of dealing with hard-to-reach customer services and hard-to-get-out-of mailing lists.
If you need to deal with important paperwork, our app can assist you every step of the way. We can draft legal documents for you and show you how to write them yourself; we can connect you with a remote notary who can notarize your documents 24/7; we can also help you send the docs to any recipient using our convenient online fax functionality!
For a full scope of our services, check out our learning center.
It's not easy to keep tabs on your obligations during these trying times ridden with uncertainty. That is why DoNotPay has developed numerous features to help you cross tasks off your list while staying safely in your home. Here's what else you can get done from the comfort of your armchair through our app:
- Apply for property tax exemptions virtually
- Submit crime victims compensation requests
- Get extensions on your bills
- Get free trials for streaming, gaming, or other services to pass the time indoors
- Request college fee waivers
- Connect with a loved one in jail
- Stay safe from online stalkers and harassers
- Mail letters
- Complain about noisy neighbors