Amazon Package Sent to the Wrong Address? Learn How To Get a Refund in No Time
Waiting for an item you ordered online to arrive only to find out that Amazon sent the package to the wrong address is infuriating. If you’re unsure what to do, we’ll show you how to track your package and request a late delivery refund in minutes with our app!
We save your time and nerves by doing everything in your stead and getting your money back hassle-free.
Before taking steps to solve your issue, check out the most common reasons your package was delivered to the wrong address in the table below:
|You recently moved||If you moved and forgot to update your address, the courier most likely dropped off the package at your previous residence. To update it:
|Incorrect address||You misspelled your street name or apartment number|
|Courier’s error||Sometimes, the courier might misread the address and deliver your package somewhere else|
If you think that your Amazon package was sent to the wrong address, you should:
- Track it down to verify the status of your package—To track your parcel, sign in to your Amazon account and:
- Go to Your Orders
- Choose the order you want to track
- Click on Track Package
- See if your neighbors received it in your stead—There’s a chance that your package was misdelivered to your neighbor. You should check with them before you decide to take further action
- Look around the delivery area—The courier might have left the package or notice of attempted delivery at your porch, garage way, or back door while you weren’t home
- Contact Amazon—Once you’ve confirmed that your package was delivered to the wrong address, you should report the issue to Amazon
- Use DoNotPay and get a refund—If you don’t want to waste time talking to customer service or filing a request, use DoNotPay and get a refund in no time
Here’s what to do to receive the package at the correct address:
- Track your package regularly
- Double-check the address when ordering an item
- Insure the package to protect it from getting damaged or lost if it is supposed to be shipped with USPS, FedEx, or UPS. DoNotPay will help you with our Insurance Claims product if things take the wrong turn
You have two options to report your problem to Amazon and get a refund:
- Amazon website—You can explain your problem to the chatbot or:
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Go to Your Orders
- Locate your order
- Select Problem with order
- Choose Request refund
- Type in your problem in the text box
- Hit Submit
- Phone—Call 00 1 206-922-0880 and explain to Amazon’s customer support representatives that you would like a refund
The most efficient way to get a refund is to sign up for DoNotPay and use our Late Delivery Product. We’ll file a claim in your stead and get your money back in a matter of minutes!
Our Late Delivery Refund tool helps you request a refund in a matter of clicks. Here’s how to use it:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account from your preferred browser
- Find the Late Delivery Refund product
- Select the courier and provide details about the shipment
We will automatically file a claim to the courier’s claims department in your stead, so you won’t have to waste time talking to customer service representatives or filling out forms.
If you ever face delivery issues, DoNotPay’s tips come in handy. Check out what we can help with in the following table:
DoNotPay is capable of way more than handling late or missed deliveries. We are experts in securing refunds and chargebacks, gift card cash backs, airline compensation, as well as making returns on unsatisfactory purchases. We have a way of dealing with hard-to-reach customer services and hard-to-get-out-of mailing lists.
If you need to deal with important paperwork, our app can assist you every step of the way. We can draft legal documents for you and show you how to write them yourself; we can connect you with a remote notary who can notarize your documents 24/7; we can also help you send the docs to any recipient using our convenient online fax functionality!
For a full scope of our services, check out our learning center.
It's not easy to keep tabs on your obligations during these trying times ridden with uncertainty. That is why DoNotPay has developed numerous features to help you cross tasks off your list while staying safely in your home. Here's what else you can get done from the comfort of your armchair through our app:
- Apply for property tax exemptions virtually
- Submit crime victims compensation requests
- Get extensions on your bills
- Get free trials for streaming, gaming, or other services to pass the time indoors
- Request college fee waivers
- Connect with a loved one in jail
- Stay safe from online stalkers and harassers
- Mail letters
- Complain about noisy neighbors