Filing a USPS Delivery Complaint Is Easy—Use DoNotPay
Did you order an item online, but the USPS is taking too long to deliver it to you? If they’re late and you want to file a USPS delivery complaint, DoNotPay can turn the refunding process into a breeze!
Before submitting a USPS delivery complaint, you should familiarize yourself with the reasons why your package might be late or lost. Here’s a table with some of the most probable causes:
|Weather||Severe weather conditions are one of the most common reasons for late deliveries. If your area is facing freezing rain or snowstorms, the courier might not be able to reach your address|
|COVID-19||Since the outbreak of the pandemic, there’s been an increase in online shopping which means that USPS has to deliver more orders than before|
|Holiday season||If you’re waiting for a package during holidays, you should expect delivery delays as there’s a surge of orders during the season|
|Incorrect address||You might have made a spelling mistake when writing your address down, which means that the courier will drop your package off at a wrong location|
|Courier mistake||The courier might have misread the address or made another error during the delivery, which is why your package might be late|
Tracking your package allows you to see whether it’s still being delivered or if the courier left it at a wrong location. You can track your USPS package via:
- USPS mobile app
- USPS website
To track your package via phone, you can either send your tracking number to 28777 (2USPS) or:
- 1-800-877-8339—for people with hearing and speech impairments
- 1-800-845-6136—for persons with hearing and speech impairments who speak Spanish
- 1-866-377-8642—for hearing persons with speech impairments
- Explain your issue to the USPS customer service representative
You can download the USPS mobile app for iOS and Android and find the location of your package. To do so, you will have to:
- Tap on Track
- Enter your tracking number
- Tap on Search
If you want to locate your package online, go to the USPS website and:
- Type in your tracking number
- Hit Enter
You can file a claim and get a refund only if:
- The item was sent with Priority Mail and hasn’t reached you in five or more days from the mailing date
- The seller used Priority Mail express to send you the package, and you didn’t receive it in more than two days
To apply for a refund, you will need to prepare:
- Photo ID
- The tracking number
- The purchase receipt
If your USPS package is late or if USPS says it’s delivered, but it’s nowhere in sight, you can get a refund in the following ways:
- In person—To get a refund in person, you will have to:
- Visit the nearest USPS location
- Complete two copies of Form 3533
- Submit them with your original customer copy of Label 11
- Online—Create a USPS account in case you don’t have one, describe the issues you’re dealing with in detail, and add the necessary shipping info
If you want to prevent a potential headache caused by filing complaints and talking to customer support service, use DoNotPay. We have developed the Late Delivery Refund product that’ll allow you to file a claim and get your money back in minutes. DoNotPay will do most of the work for you, leaving you to only follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Late Delivery Refund product
- Choose the courier and answer a few questions
Once you’re done, we will file a claim in your stead and send it to the courier’s claims department.
If you need help with any other delivery-related issues, you should check out DoNotPay’s handy articles:
- What can I do if USPS tracking status says delivered in the mailbox, but no package has arrived?
- Where is my lost FedEx package?
- Why didn’t my UPS package arrive on the delivery date?
- How late does USPS deliver packages?
In case you’ve insured your USPS package, DoNotPay can provide assistance when things take the wrong turn. Our Insurance Claims product will help you claim your insurance money in no time. Here’s how it works:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Search for the insurance type
- Type in the information, such as your policy number and contact details
- Tell us why you’re filing the claim and provide details of the incident
Claiming late, missed, and damaged item delivery refunds is only one in a sea of services you can get with our app. We can show you how you can:
- Return products to any company
- Reach out to their customer service effortlessly
- Submit a warranty claim for any product
- Request refunds and chargebacks in a matter of minutes
- Get cash back from any gift card
- File an insurance claim for insured mail with any shipping company
As if that were not enough, we can also unsubscribe you from a company’s email list, stop any annoying robocalls or robo texts they are bothering you with, and cancel any service or free trial you’re unhappy with or are no longer using. Our Free Trial Card and Burner Phone products can help you try out any service without being spammed or auto-charged later on.
DoNotPay is invaluable when dealing with companies and their confusing policies, but we can also help you bypass tedious government procedures. If you use our app, you’ll have no trouble filing FOIA requests, passing government exams, reducing property taxes, as well as drafting legal documents and getting them notarized in a single app!