How to Request and Get a UPS Refund With Minimum Effort
United Parcel Service, or UPS in short, is an American postal service company that operates globally. Like with any delivery, you may experience a delay in the arrival of the package you sent with UPS. In that case, read on to see what you can do to get a UPS refund with minimum bother on your part.
UPS Refund Policy
If you’re wondering whether you can get a refund from UPS, the answer is yes—though the process might not be as straightforward. The UPS Money-Back Guarantee is the only section in the company’s Terms and Conditions that dictates its refund rules. While the guarantee is there to ensure you can get your money back if the shipment you paid for is late, it also limits your refund eligibility options.
How Does UPS Guaranteed Service Refund Work?
UPS employs the guaranteed service refund (GSR) as a policy to refund you for a paid service it failed to deliver. For you to be covered by the UPS Money-Back Guarantee, your package must:
- Be included in the USP selected destinations list
- Not require the USP additional handling service
- Have been entrusted to the USP delivery before or at the time you accepted the collection on delivery
- Have been labeled by the official UPS OnLine™ Shipping Solutions
- Contains Saturday delivery routing label for the location in which this service applies
How to Check if You’re Eligible for a UPS Late Delivery Refund
Before you make your request, you’ll need to look up a couple of things to be 100% sure you’ll be granted a USP refund.
To check if the company’s GSR covers your delivery according to your and the shipping location, you need to:
- Go to the USP home page
- Click on the Shipping tab
- Choose the Calculate Time and Cost option
- Enter your location and the location to which you’ve shipped your package
- Check what USP services apply to your shipping according to the data you entered
If this step-by-step process confuses you or fails to provide the desired information, you can contact your local USP customer service and check the information with them.
Besides the location restrictions, to be eligible for a USP service guarantee refund, you need to have:
- Provided the correct shipping documentation
- Ensured any additional information required by yours or the shipping country is correct
- Sent all the shipping information to USP through the USP online Timely Update form at least 15 minutes before the collection time
When to Apply for a UPS Delay Refund
If you’re eligible for a refund, you should not waste your time to request it from UPS. Under the official UPS refund policy, you have exactly 15 calendar days from the day of the scheduled delivery to submit a refund request.
A special scenario applies when refund requests are submitted because of duplicate payments. In that case, you have 180 days to submit your request.
How to Request a UPS Shipping Refund Manually
If you wish to apply for a UPS service guarantee refund on your own, you have two ways to do so:
- Calling the company on the phone
- Using the USP website
Before you venture into your UPS refund request journey, make sure you have the following information ready at hand:
- Your shipment’s tracking number
- The recipient’s name and address
- The scheduled delivery date
- The shipment date
- Your package weight
Getting the UPS Refund for Late Delivery by Phone
You can call the UPS agents to request the Money-Back Guarantee. Here’s how:
- Dial +1 (800) 742-5877
- Sit through the phone queue patiently
- Say refund when someone picks up
- Explain the reason for your request in as much detail as possible
Requesting the UPS Delivery Refund Through the Website
You can also try and get your UPS refund through the company’s website. To do so, you have to:
- Log in to the UPS Billing Center
- Click on the Request a Refund option
- Follow the website prompts from then on
The Quickest Way to a UPS Refund Is With DoNotPay!
Though the UPS service guarantee refund applies when your package is even a minute late, UPS doesn’t make it easy for you to get it.
Because there are specific reasons for the delay, such as severe weather, for which USP doesn’t take responsibility, you first need to go through the delivery failure details with them to determine if you’ll be granted a refund. Then, there are so many requirements that decide which shippings are covered by the GSR and which aren’t.
All this prolongs the process unnecessarily, and your chances of getting your money back get slimmer by the hour.
This is not the case when you request a refund with DoNotPay. We don’t ask any questions, and we fax your request to your bank as soon as you submit it.
The process is straightforward and can be completed in under a minute. All you need to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account using any web browser or iOS app
- Click on the Chargeback Instantly section
- Give us your UPS payment details
- Verify your request with your email address
Can You Request a Refund Via
What Is a UPS Next Day Air Guarantee Refund?
The UPS air services, like the Next Day Air Service or the 2nd Day Air Service, refer to all air shipments by UPS. They are a neat option if you’re sending your package to a far-off location or you need it to be delivered as quickly as possible.
The UPS air services guarantee exists to refund you if the delivery is not accomplished within the time commitment to which UPS agreed. All the usual UPS refund eligibility criteria apply for the company’s air services as well.
It never hurts to request your refund, but you may not be issued one by UPS if:
- The recipient refused or otherwise couldn’t pick up your package
- The delivery was late due to public authorities acting on the delivery location
- There were weather disruptions causing delays with air or ground transportation
- Natural disasters occurred
Struggling With These Online Shipping Services?
In a world where e-commerce is omnipresent, there is no escaping shipping costs, whether you’re a seller, a buyer, or both. It seems that it’s the only downside to fast and convenient online shopping.
If you tried to avoid the enormous shipping costs with the FreeShipping service but found it’s just a hoax, you can cancel your FreeShipping subscription with one click through DoNotPay.
Speaking of subscriptions and online shopping, you can also cancel your Bespoke Post subscription and keep the money to yourself.
Take a Look at the Other Handy Services DoNotPay Offers
Why would you go through the annoying and ever-present legal issues alone, when you can have DoNotPay help you with:
- Credit card problems
- Stalking and harassment
- Spam and phishing mail
- Automatic subscriptions
- Customer service representatives
- Traffic ticket disputes
- Small claims court paperwork
- DMV appointments
- Speeding ticket appeals
- Illegal robocalls
- Bills you can’t pay at the moment
- Refunds from any company
- Parking ticket appeals
- Airline compensation