How Long Does It Take To Receive a Package From China via USPS?
If you have ordered from AliExpress, Alibaba, eBay, or some other website in China and are expecting a delivery via USPS, you are probably wondering how long you need to wait for your parcel to arrive.
How long does it take to receive a package from China via USPS? This article provides answers and valuable information. Access DoNotPay if you are facing issues because your parcel is late, lost, or stolen. Our app can help you submit a claim for a refund in no time!
Depending on how the seller shipped your order, it might take 10–90 days to receive a package from China. The delivery time varies from the:
- Process time of:
- The seller
- China Post
- Customs clearance
- Type of mail—e.g., ordinary, registered mail, ePacket (EUB), or Express Mail Service (EMS)
To understand the delivery time from China better, you should take a look at some common stages your order will go through:
|The seller ships your order||It normally takes one to five days for a seller to process your order and send the package via China Post|
|China Post processes the package||China Post will:
|Your order is sent||Your package will be dispatched after security screening|
|The package arrives in the USA||Your shipment will:
As China Post and USPS have an agreement, it usually takes between nine and 12 days to receive a package from China. The seller needs to choose the ePacket shipping option for this speedy service. Otherwise, it could take up to 90 days for you to get your order via regular China Post.
Once your order has been shipped, you should receive the tracking number by which you will be able to see the exact package status at any time. This number could be available in:
- Your purchase history on the seller’s website
- The online retailer’s shipping confirmation email
To know how long it will take your package to arrive from China and to ensure someone is at home to receive it, you should follow your shipment.
Once you get the tracking number, you should be able to keep up with the status via the website of China Post and USPS.
Here is how you can track your shipment via China Post:
- Access the tracking page
- Enter the provided tracking number
- Click on the Track My Package button
If you cannot get any information, you should:
- Check if you have entered the correct and complete number
- Wait for a day or two as it might take some time for your package to be available in the system
- Get ahold of the sender to inquire about the shipment
You should be aware that China Post does not provide a tracking service for certain types of packages. Some retailers on AliExpress, eBay, and other platforms use ordinary packet shipping options, especially for less expensive products. This delivery option cannot be tracked once it leaves China.
To obtain your shipment details, including the delivery date, take the following steps:
- Access the USPS tracking page
- Type in the tracking number
- Press the Track button
You can trace packages sent from China to the USA using the following shipping options:
- China Post EMS
- Register Airmail
However, the USPS tracking tool cannot be used for:
- China Post Ordinary Small Packet
- China Post Direct Xpress Mail Parcel
If your package gets lost because the status says that it has been delivered, but you have not received it, you might want to check:
- Your mailbox or P.O. box
- Around your house as some drivers leave parcels outside if no one is at home
- With your neighbors since a courier might have left the package with them
Once you have looked for a misdelivered parcel and haven’t been able to locate it, you should file a claim with USPS. Access DoNotPay to handle your delivery issues glitch-free!
You don’t have to bother yourself with complex and time-consuming claim procedures. Why would you want to waste your time contacting USPS customer service, completing claim or request forms, and waiting in lines at a local post office? There’s a reason why the use of AI-powered apps is on the rise—they can sort out complex issues automatically and efficiently!
DoNotPay’s Late Delivery Refund tool can help you fix your package delivery problems in no time! Subscribe to DoNotPay and follow these simple steps:
- Select the Late Delivery Refund feature
- Choose a courier, for instance, USPS
- Enter your shipment details
It will take you a few minutes to complete these steps, and USPS (or some other selected courier) will receive your claim directly. DoNotPay can help you request a refund for the late delivery inconvenience you have suffered in the blink of an eye!
Apart from USPS, DoNotPay provides valuable tips about other courier companies, including:
- UPS—Find out what to do if your package is lost or has not arrived in due time
- FedEx—Learn about their lost parcel procedures and late delivery times
If you often purchase on Amazon, you might be interested in checking out their late delivery options, too.
DoNotPay is capable of way more than handling late or missed deliveries. We are experts in securing refunds and chargebacks, gift card cash backs, airline compensation, as well as making returns on unsatisfactory purchases. We have a way of dealing with hard-to-reach customer services and hard-to-get-out-of mailing lists.
If you need to deal with important paperwork, our app can assist you every step of the way. We can draft legal documents for you and show you how to write them yourself; we can connect you with a remote notary who can notarize your documents 24/7; we can also help you send the docs to any recipient using our convenient online fax functionality!
For a full scope of our services, check out our learning center.
It's not easy to keep tabs on your obligations during these trying times ridden with uncertainty. That is why DoNotPay has developed numerous features to help you cross tasks off your list while staying safely in your home. Here's what else you can get done from the comfort of your armchair through our app:
- Apply for property tax exemptions virtually
- Submit crime victims compensation requests
- Get extensions on your bills
- Get free trials for streaming, gaming, or other services to pass the time indoors
- Request college fee waivers
- Connect with a loved one in jail
- Stay safe from online stalkers and harassers
- Mail letters
- Complain about noisy neighbors