How to Recover a GW2 Suspended Account?
Guild Wars 2 is an extremely popular MMO with a loyal fanbase. Like many games of this nature, the people who play it tend to sink a lot of time and effort into crafting the experience they want, especially with how the game's story is affected by player actions. As a result, getting banned can be a majorly upsetting problem to deal with. If you have a GW2 suspended account, you can get DoNotPay to help appeal the ban.
What Are Possible Reasons for Getting Banned on GW2?
When you get your GW2 account suspended, you should see the reason for your ban on the login page when you attempt to access your account. For a quick look at objectionable behavior that can get you banned, review this list:
- Harassing, defrauding, or otherwise exploiting other users for your own gain. Keep in mind that this does not include killing other players in PvP games, since this is just part of the game (though bullying weaker players may get you in trouble, if not with staff, then just the rest of the community).
- Spamming the chat, either locally, globally, or in private messages.
- Using hate speech or defamatory speech against protected groups. This includes your username.
- Revealing another user's personal information.
- Exploiting game systems like glitches to gain an unfair advantage or to hurt other players.
- Impersonating a member of the game's staff or developers.
- Selling or buying a game account.
- Promoting other products or services in-game (basically, don't try to run a business through GW2).
- Attempting or succeeding in hacking, reproducing, or remaking portions of the game.
- Violating real world laws with what you do or say.
What to Do if You Get Banned From GW2?
In some cases, your ban in GW2 might not be permanent. If that's the case, your simplest option would be to take your lumps and wait out the punishment. Once your ban is up, you should be able to return to the game without issue.
If your ban is permanent, though, waiting isn't going to help you. Your only option is to send a support ticket and appeal your suspension. As you might imagine, this isn't always effective and could mean you just wasted your time if they deny you. To improve your chances, DoNotPay can put some extra pressure on ArenaNet on your behalf. If you'd still like to do it on your own, though, here's what you can try:
If you can log in
- Head to the support page on the GW2 website, then submit a ticket.
- Log in to the support system and continue.
- Fill in the fields on the support ticket. Pay special attention to the field for describing your issue, as this is where you can ask for a second chance on your account.
- Submit your ticket and wait for a response.
If you can't log in
- Compose an email to email@example.com and title the subject line "Banned Account Appeal".
- In your email, make sure to include your name, your account name, your game's Serial Code, your display name (including the four digits after it), and the DoB on your account. Additionally, if you've made purchases in the past, include the last four digits of your credit card number or the last order ID number for a GW2 purchase made with your PayPal account.
- Plead your case with the support team and ask to be unbanned.
- Send the email and wait for a response.
Get Your GW2 Account Back With DoNotPay!
If you tried to appeal your GW2 account ban on your own but were denied, you can get DoNotPay to try again for you.
Just follow these three quick steps to get started:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to the company. It will contain a two-week deadline for the company to respond. Additionally, you can also try our Unban Gaming Account product for this or similar issues. With nearly the same steps but a more specialized demand letter for gaming-specific companies, it can give you an extra edge in your appeal.
Keep in mind that DoNotPay cannot guarantee success in these matters, but will apply legal pressure to hopefully get the company to concede. No matter how you slice it, though, your appeal will be much more likely to work when you have our organization behind you to back up your claims.
How to Not Get Banned From GW2
In general, you should typically be able to avoid getting banned in GW2 by playing the game normally. Unless you set out to do something nefarious like cheating, harassing other users, or willfully exploiting a flaw in the game's systems, you shouldn't be banned. In some cases, your ban might just be a mistake on the part of game staff, and an appeal should quickly fix the problem.
GW2 bans that aren't the result of hacking, exploitation, or other technical issues are frequently the result of a breach of the Code of Conduct. Reviewing the page on their website can give you a clear idea of what you can and can't do while playing the game as it relates to the other users. Overall, just be a nice person and don't antagonize others. If you can do that, it's unlikely you'll find yourself banned any time soon.
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal Banned or Suspended Accounts on Any Platform
GW2 isn't the only platform we can help you with. DoNotPay can send a demand letter on your behalf to the following companies:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has many other services in addition to helping you recover a GW2 suspended account. Here's a small selection of what else we can offer our users:
- Analyze the Terms of Service (TOS) from any company
- Delete troublesome accounts
- Prevent identity theft
- Check for and fix identity theft
- File an insurance claim quickly
- Recover lost passwords
Try it today!