Restore Your GitHub Account With the Help of DoNotPay
GitHub is a company that provides hosting services that enable developers to establish software for both private and open-source organizations. The firm is devoted to designing a platform where users can store and share code repositories with other coworkers, friends, classmates, and more. It was founded in 2008 by Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner and partnered with International Business Machines Corporation. GitHub has its headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Your , and you won't receive any notification about your account termination. The good news is that the termination of your account is not the end of the road, as you can appeal and have it restored if you believe it was accidentally suspended.
However, you might find the process frustrating, since many are times when your request will go unnoticed. You can trust DoNotPay to act on your behalf and write a demand letter to GitHub for better results.
What Might Cause Your GitHub Account to Be Suspended
When it means that your website will be taken out online. Possible reasons for the suspension could include:
- Malware infection
- Excessive use of Server Resources
- Payment's failures
- Policy violation
Malware is very dangerous to your website, host, and the visitors who visit your site. GitHub will be quick to act if they detect the following Malware on your website:
- Spam links
- Deceptive Content
- Phishing Pages
Excessive Use of Server Resources
Your GitHub account will be terminated if your account has exceeded the server limit and CPU resources. When your account is experiencing a lot of traffic, it is an indication that it is going over the limit. Subsequently, when the account reflects analytics, it could signify a brute attack on our account.
Violations of Terms of Service
The content that you post on your website should adhere to the GitHub terms and conditions of service. Let's assume you are selling highly regulated substances; your account might be blocked for legal reasons.
You should pay all your subscriptions promptly to avoid your account termination. GitHub typically sends many invoices to your email to inform you of unpaid debt. If you have outstanding dues, make sure to settle them lest your account will be temporarily blocked until you pay.
Your blocked account may display any of the following messages:
- This account has been suspended; contact your hosting provider for further information
- This account has been suspended; either the domain has been overused or ran out of resources
- Your GitHub account has been banned for security-related reasons
- This page is not available at the moment, since your account has been suspended
- Your account has been banned for violating the terms and conditions of service. Please contact our customer care for more information.
- Your hosting has been suspended, kindly contact customer support to unsuspend your account
- This site is currently unavailable; if you are the owner, kindly contact your hosting provider, customer care to resolve your account.
What Can You Do if Your GitHub Account Has Been Suspended?
Though you are not guaranteed to have your account restored, you can try to remove malware from your suspended GitHub account. This, however, can be a critical problem to solve.
You can clear malware from your account through:
- Security plugins like MalCare to clean the account. MalCare is recommended because it protects more than two million accounts from malware attacks daily.
- You can hire a WordPress security expert to clean up your account from malware using FTP. WordPress will access your website files and clean them manually.
- Manually cleaning your website falls at the bottom of the list
By trying to clean your account, you stand a chance of having your GitHub account restored when you appeal.
Restore Your GitHub Account by Yourself
If you prefer to DIY, you can attempt to have your account unsuspended. Simply follow the steps below:
- From an administrative account on the GitHub enterprise server, go to the upper right corner of the page and click on the unsuspend icon.
- If you are not on the admin site page, you should proceed to the upper left corner of the page and select "site admin."
- On the left sidebar, choose "suspended users"
- Choose the user account that you want to unban
- On the upper right hand, side corner, click "Admin"
- On the account suspension in the red danger, the zone box choose "unsuspend"
- You will be provided with a space to give a reason why you want to unsuspend the user
- Your request will be received, and wait for confirmation from the company
Requesting account unbanning is never easy as you are unsure whether your account will be unblocked. You just believe that it was a mistake, and thus you are just trying to see whether your account will be restored. You can engage DoNotPay to appeal your banned account by drafting a demand letter to pressure the company to look at your claim.
Restore Your GitHub Account With the Help of DoNotPay
Getting your GitHub account restored can be tricky as the company may not directly indicate why it was suspended in the first place. When everything seems hopeless, you can ask for DoNotPay to appeal for you and improve your chances at getting your account restored.
All you need to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
When your information is finalized, we will draft a customized letter of appeal to GitHub. The letter will also indicate a two-week deadline for GitHub to respond. This typically makes companies respond quicker.
DoNotPay Will Help You Appeal Banned or Suspended Accounts on Multiple Platforms
Solving your GitHub problem is not the only thing DoNotPay can help you deal with. We can assist you in appealing to restore your banned accounts on other platforms such as:
Discover Other Problems DoNotPay Can Help You Solve
DoNotPay is your one-stop shop for quick and painless solutions. If there’s trouble, we most certainly have the service to make it go away.
Here are some issues that we can assist you with:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Deal with identity theft
- Draft child travel consent forms
- Recover forgotten passwords
- Get a tailor-made divorce settlement agreement
- File an insurance claim the easy way
- Create personalized legal documents
Sign up for DoNotPay today and you’ll be amazed at how your problems can be solved with just a few steps.