Why You Are Banned from TikTok Live and How to Appeal Now
TikTok allows its users to stream themselves live and communicate with others once they've hit 1,000 followers. Just because you're approved to go live once, however, does not mean you can continue to do so. The company has the right to ban you if you go against their community standards.
If you were and hope to appeal the decision, leave it to DoNotPay to help you handle it. We'll pen a letter requesting you be unbanned and express your desire to rectify the situation and only exhibit proper behavior from here on out. DoNotPay will assist you with bans on any account.
Why Might TikTok Ban Someone From Going Live?
TikTok has a set of community standards. If you go against these standards while you're live on the app, the company has no choice but to ban you from using this service. They want to keep their entire community of users safe and protected.
If you were , you may have done one of the following acts:
- Exhibiting harmful behavior
- Using foul language
- Making derogatory or hateful remarks against someone's identity
- Showing nudity or graphic content
- Engaging in violent behavior
- Using drugs or alcohol
You must also not encourage your followers or viewers to exhibit these behaviors. People have been for encouraging their followers to engage in harmful behavior or hurt others.
It's also possible to get banned if you appear younger than what your account says. Only users above the age of 16 are allowed to go live. Minors must not be presented on live videos alone, as it could prove dangerous. You will need to send in proof of a photo ID if the company mistakenly bans you for being underage when you are not.
Difference Between a Temporary Ban and Permanent Ban
TikTok issues two types of bans.
- A temporary ban only lasts for a duration. They may choose to ban you from going live for just 24 hours or prevent you from streaming for a week or more. It's all at their discretion and depends on the type of violation.
- A permanent ban is often issued when you've made a serious offense against the community guidelines or have repeatedly been given temporary bans already. A permanent ban is much more difficult to appeal, but you can still let DoNotPay attempt to fight the ban for you in a respectful way.
Will Being Banned on Live Cause Me to Lose My Account?
No, being banned from TikTok live does not automatically lose you access to your overall TikTok account. You are just not permitted at the time to live stream, but you can continue to post videos and watch content in most circumstances. A full account ban is possible, but only after you make violations within other areas of the app.
However, you could find your account suspended altogether if you made numerous violations during your live or exhibited violent or harmful behavior to yourself or others.
Address a TikTok Live Ban on Your Own
Whether you've been banned from gaming online due to violations against Xbox or Playstation, or you've been restricted from using your Uber or Amazon account, you need to address it promptly with the company. Get ahold of TikTok using one of their approved methods and request that they unban you so you may go live again.
- Send an email.
- Report a problem. Navigate to the Support section and find Live.
- Share your feedback. Use the Feedback Form to request an appeal.
Reporting a Problem
The ability to report a problem is ideal, but finding the correct spot may not be as easy as you hoped. You need to do some sleuthing to find the correct location to make your report. You should:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Navigate to your profile.
- Click on the 3 lines in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Navigate to "Support" and choose Report a Problem.
- Scroll to where it says LIVE.
- Choose Live is Suspended.
- Click No when asked if your problem is resolved with the limited information provided.
- Click Need more help.
- Write your feedback in the box and hit Report.
Let DoNotPay Address Your TikTok Live Ban
When you've been banned from TikTok Live after making money on the site, it can be a major blow. DoNotPay will address the company for you and help you get back on live streams. Provide us with a bit of information, and we'll get to work crafting a compelling letter to negotiate on your behalf.
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
Both our Unban My Account and Unban Gaming Account products can assist when you've been restricted from using an account of yours. We put legal pressure on the company, requesting that they come to a final decision within 2 weeks at most, so you don't have to spend considerable time waiting for an answer.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that the company will follow our demands.
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal Banned or Suspended Accounts on Any Platform
Aside from TikTok Live, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
Does DoNotPay Offer Assistance Elsewhere?
Absolutely. DoNotPay does more than help you get back on TikTok live. We can also ensure you:
- Receive warranty claims on time.
- Get registered to vote in the correct state.
- Receive compensation for a long utility outage.
- Report instances of tax fraud promptly.
DoNotPay has countless products to meet any need that arises soon or in the future.