Here's What to Do if You Get Banned From Hinge
Did you know it was possible to have your account suspended or banned from your favorite social media platforms, gaming services, or dating apps? If you are trying to figure out why you were or how to get your account reinstated, it can be a little frustrating.
Most services say they reserve the right to terminate relationships with users at any time, and often it can be for any number of reasons, but without knowing why your account was banned, it can be difficult to make an appeal. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you navigate the appeals process as you try to have your .
Why Was Your Hinge Account Banned?
Hinge is a dating app, now owned by Match Group, that claims to focus on long-term relationships and connections. If that is the case, you should be able to quickly make a match and then you would no longer have a need for their service. If you try to log in one day, however, and receive a message that your account has been removed and you have been , it can come as a shock.
Violating Terms of Service
According to Hinge, they will not disclose any information about your ban. The only thing that Hinge will tell you is that accounts are banned if they are associated with violation of Terms of Service. When you sign up for almost any service, you are likely required to read and agree with their Terms of Service, or you automatically agree to abide by the TOS just by using the service.
Here is a variety of common activities in the Hinge TOS that may lead to someone having their account removed:
- Misrepresenting (i.e. lying about) your identity, age, qualifications, positions, etc.
- Using Hinge in any way that is illegal or harmful
- Posting and/or sharing any prohibited content that is:
- Reasonably considered harassing, embarrassing, alarming, annoying, etc.
- Violent, obscene, ponrgraphic, contains nudity, or may offend human dignity
- Discriminatory, abusive, or promotes, or encourages racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred,
- Libelous or untrue
- Extremely political or relates to commercial activities of any kind
- Solicit money or items of value
- participate in any form of harassment, bullying, assault, defamation, harm, or other forms of mistreatment against any person
- Use the service in connection with fraud, pyramid schemes, similar
This is not an exhaustive list, but shows that Hinge has the right to ban users for any number of reasons at their discretion, and as stated, they will not tell you specifically why you were banned. This policy is said to be a protective measure for the person(s) that reported your account. Unfortunately, without knowing why you were banned, it can be difficult to form an effective appeal, but DoNotPay can help.
Who Decides You Are Banned?
Hinge has a moderation team composed of Hinge staff members from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. Their team is said to have undergone extensive training, and their diverse experiences help them to make fair decisions.
How to Appeal a Banned Hinge Account on Your Own
If you are , they will allow you to appeal the ban. However, you must follow their instructions very carefully so they will even consider your appeal.
- When you receive the notification in your account that you have been banned, there will be a link to appeal. Click through this link, because you must submit it through the app.
- Complete all the information that is required in the appeals submission form. They will not investigate appeals with incomplete forms.
- Check your email to verify that your appeal was received. If you did not receive an email with a confirmation number, you should reach out to Customer Experience:
- Email email@example.com with "Appeal Submission" in the subject line
- Describe your appeal in detail, including why you believe your account has not violated the Hinge TOS.
- Include your Name (as listed in your Hinge profile), your email address, and the phone number that you use to log into Hinge.
- Do not submit multiple appeals, and do reach out to Hinge or Match Group employees or social media about your appeal, because they will not discuss it and you will be redirected to follow the process described here.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your Hinge Account Back the Easy Way!
You may only get one shot at appealing your banned account. If you are worried about making a convincing case for yourself, DoNotPay has you covered. We can draft a formal appeal and make a solid case on your behalf.
Here are the three simple steps you can take:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to Hinge. It will have a two-week deadline for the company to respond.
Appeal Any Banned or Suspended Account With DoNotPay
DoNotPay's success at getting user accounts reinstated goes far beyond Hinge. By creating a demand letter that states your case clearly and concisely, we can help individuals regain access to a variety of services. We have helped people appeal:
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You Today?
DoNotPay is proud to help you recover a banned or suspended account, but we are also able to solve a variety of other problems, too.
Here are only a few of the issues that we can take care for you:
- Recover forgotten passwords
- File a case in small claims court
- Delete your old accounts
- Draft child travel consent forms
- Analyze the TOS for any company
- Copyright protection issues and concerns
- Get help with identity theft
- Create a customized divorce settlement agreement
DoNotPay will solve your problems and save you time, effort, and money! Download the app today and prepare to be amazed at how much you can accomplish when you have the world’s first-ever robot lawyer to help you out.