Banned for Buying Gold on WoW Classic?
World of Warcraft, a massive franchise that is owned and operated by Blizzard, is one of the most popular online role playing games of all time. More commonly referred to as WoW within the gaming community, it has been around since the early 2000s and only continues to increase in popularity. WoW does new expansions on occasion, providing players with new scenarios and quests to enjoy.
While there aren't a lot of rules in place within the game itself, like every online roleplaying game, there are important things to consider, and certain terms of service that come into play. Without even knowing it, you could get locked out of your account. Notably, if you get , you could have a hard time getting back into your gaming account. And it could take days or even weeks before you hear back from the Blizzard support team.
Getting is stressful, but DoNotPay can help you understand what to do if this should happen to you.
Why Would You Get Banned From World of Warcraft for Buying Gold?
Like most other role playing games, World of Warcraft features an in-game currency. WoW currency is called gold and it can be used within the game to pay for goods and services, upgrade armor, and buy essential items. Although the primary means of purchasing gold in World of Warcraft is within the game mechanics, there are a lot of third-party websites that allow you to buy gold from them to use in the game.
While it is unlikely that you would get banned from playing World of Warcraft by purchasing gold from a third-party site, it is not something that is promoted by the Blizzard team - and it is possible that you could be blocked from your account. Here are some other things to know about buying gold of WoW classic:
- There are some safe sites to buy gold from, but there are also many sites that could be out to steal your personal information.
- Blizzard's Terms of Service notes that buying gold is not encouraged and could result in your account getting banned, under the right circumstances. This is because Blizzard wants you to earn gold by completing quests, rather than leveling up by buying gold. It could be looked upon as unfair gameplay.
- If you allow a friend or relative to play WoW on your account, make sure to caution them against buying gold from third-party sites.
- If your account gets hacked and someone buys gold, you will need to reach out to the Blizzard team immediately and make them aware.
What Can You Do if You Get Banned From WoW for Buying Gold?
If you recently bought gold and try to log into your Blizzard account and realize that you can't play WoW, it's possible that you've been banned. It is important to note that it is unlikely your account will get banned strictly for buying gold, but it can happen. Here are a couple things you should do right away if you think you've been banned from WoW for buying gold:
- Make sure that your account hasn't been hacked by verifying your username and password. Check your other gaming accounts as well to narrow down the issue.
- If you have in fact been banned from WoW, you can either wait the ban out or you can take steps to appeal the ban. Most account suspensions last around six months, so if you are a regular WoW player, you will probably want to appeal the ban on your account.
How to Appeal to Restore Your Banned Account on Your Own
Most people would prefer to DIY by sending an appeal or contacting customer service themselves. If you want to appeal a banned WoW account, you can follow the steps as outlined on the Blizzard website:
1. Submit an appeal in the form of a support ticket.
2. Make sure that you provide any appropriate details in your ticket that might help the Blizzard team take quick action. Notably, if you believe that the ban is unfair or if you think that someone might have hacked your account to buy gold, let the Blizzard support team know that.
3. The Blizzard support page notes that you should not submit multiple appeals for the same ban. This could cause your case to be ignored by the Blizzard team. If you think that you have been hacked or that your account was compromised, there are additional steps that you can take - these are outlined on the Blizzard support page, linked above.
Being banned from your WoW account can be very frustrating, especially if you count on your WoW gameplay to help relieve stress and wind down at the end of a long day. If you want some help getting your appeal to the front of the line, turn to DoNotPay.
Use DoNotPay to Help Appeal Your Banned WoW Account
DoNotPay can put pressure on Blizzard, getting your appeal the attention it deserves and helping you get closer to playing World of Warcraft. DoNotPay can help walk you through the process, saving you time and a lot of effort.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Gaming Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to the gaming company. It will contain a two-week deadline for the company to respond, giving you a timeline to work with - and reducing the stress that you might be feeling.
DoNotPay Can Make a Strong Appeal for You on Any Online Platform
Got your account banned or on other online platforms? DoNotPay can help draft a more effective demand letter and increase your chances of getting your account back.
Here are a couple of the most popular platforms that we can assist you with:
DoNotPay Is Your Dependable All-Around Robot Lawyer
You have probably never come across such an efficient app like DoNotPay. Not only can we assist in sending a compelling demand letter to appeal your banned account, we have a wide array of other functionalities as well.
Here are other tasks that we can handle for you:
- Deal with identity theft
- File an insurance claim the easy way
- Draft child travel consent forms
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Prepare a customized divorce settlement agreement
- Analyze the Terms of Service (TOS) of various companies
- Recover forgotten passwords
- Create personalized legal documents
Seize the day by signing up with DoNotPay right now and allow us to handle all the tasks that you would rather not do.