Ordered From Amazon, Received an Empty Package? Resolve the Issue Without a Tissue!
We did not have to stop buying the things we needed even during the COVID-19 pandemic, thanks to e-commerce platforms like Amazon, eBay, and many others. Unfortunately, certain unpleasant situations can diminish the joy of shopping.
Given the number of orders Amazon processes every day, it is normal to come across some delivery problems. Not only can a package be delayed or missing, but it can also contain products you have not ordered or nothing at all—an empty box delivered to your door.
If this happens, you should take the following steps:
|Steps To Take||Extra Tips|
|Check the status||To make sure your order has been delivered—or that you have not received someone else’s package by accident—you should log in to your Amazon account and confirm where your package is|
|Get in touch with the seller||If the status says delivered and you have got an empty package in front of you, you should notify the seller first|
|Get ahold of Amazon||Once you have exhausted the previous two options, you can file a delivery complaint to Amazon directly|
|Contact the carrier||Another sensible course of action is to get in touch with the courier company that has delivered the package to you. If the process seems complicated, turn to DoNotPay to handle the communication with the carrier for you|
|Use DoNotPay|| to request a refund from the shipping company and skip:
We will walk you through each of the above-listed steps in the following sections.
To make sure your Amazon order has been delivered (and that you have not received an empty package from some other retailer or another person’s package), you should sign in to your Amazon account and:
- Select Returns & Orders
- Confirm the status of your order
- Choose Track package if you would like to access details
- Copy the tracking number
- Open the shipping company’s website
- Find their tracking tool
- Paste the tracking number to obtain delivery information
If you see that the package was successfully delivered, proceed with the following steps.
When purchasing from a third-party seller on Amazon, you should contact them first (and not Amazon) if any issues arise. Here is how:
- Go to Your Orders in your Amazon account
- Choose the problematic order from the list
- Select Problem with order
- Click on an appropriate topic from the offered list
- Choose Contact seller
Arm yourself with patience since it will probably take a few days until you hear back from the seller.
Since Amazon and third-party sellers often use outsourced couriers for delivery, you may need to communicate with the shipping company handling your package.
To learn more about these companies’ procedures, go through the following helpful guides to find out what steps to take if your package has been:
You can contact Amazon customer service if a few days have passed and the seller has not:
- Contacted you
- Provided a satisfactory solution to your empty package problem
- Select Your Orders section in your account
- Locate your order
- Choose Problem with order
- Check the problem from the list
- Choose Request refund
- Provide any additional comments
- Click Submit
Keep in mind that Amazon may take up to a week to process your request. In the meantime, you could:
- Check your inbox or spam folder as you should receive a response via email
- Follow the status of your request in the Problem with order section of your account
Would you be interested in a simple yet efficient way to request a refund from the courier? No need for the hassle because we deal with your delivery issues!
and click through the following steps:
- Select our Late Delivery Refund feature
- Choose the courier
- Provide relevant information about your shipment
It will take you but a few minutes to complete this easy procedure, and DoNotPay will automatically submit your claim to the shipping company.
Whether the products you ordered are late, missing, or faulty, you can ask for your money back through the DoNotPay app. We can help you get refunds from any delivery service or company you purchased from, and we can also digest any seller's return policy so that you can both send the product back and get a refund!
DoNotPay is an advocate of consumer rights and can help you bypass time-consuming and tedious processes when dealing with small-time sellers and multinational retailers alike! Check out some of what we can do for you in minutes:
- Reach any customer support without you waiting on the line
- Sue any company or individual seller in small claims court
- Help you delay paying various bills
- File an insurance claim
- Use a burner phone or a virtual credit card to try out products and services before committing to a paid subscription
- Cancel an unwanted subscription
- Stop any company's spam emails, texts, or robocalls
- Get compensation from airlines
- Claim any company's warranty
- Participate in any company's raffles without buy-ins
- Get cash back on your gift card
Apart from protecting your consumer rights, DoNotPay can break down and fast-track many legal procedures for you. Use our app to do any of the following and more:
- Apply for any state's violent crime victims compensation program
- Reduce property taxes
- Make a FOIA request to any government or state agency
- File neighbor complaints successfully
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Draft child travel consent forms and other legal documents and find a public servant to notarize them any day of the week
- Prep for government tests
- Report stalking and harassment
- Find lost assets in any state
- Send a DMCA notice in case of copyright infringement