Why Is My Shipment on Hold, DHL? I Need It ASAP!
Why is my shipment on hold in DHL? What should I do next? Who to contact—the sender, DHL, or both?
We provide answers and helpful information about how to solve the problem without a headache. Besides tips, DoNotPay offers an automatic claim feature you can access from any place and at any time!
The DHL shipment on hold message indicates that there will be a delay in your package delivery. Different events can cause these delays, including the following:
- Port congestion or route changes
- Incorrect or incomplete delivery address and contact details
- Natural causes, such as bad weather conditions, natural disasters, or pandemics
- The sender or receiver needs to confirm the required custom duty-related activities
- The package does not have correct or complete documentation required by the U.S. Customs
In all these scenarios, DHL will typically get a hold of the sender or receiver to obtain additional confirmations or paperwork to solve the pending issues.
If your DHL shipment is on hold, you should do the following:
|Steps To Take||Additional Info|
|Wait for a week or two||While DHL issues should be resolved in seven days in most cases, there can be unexpected events causing longer delays. These events may include natural disasters, such as:
|Contact the sender||You could inform the sender of any delays if you believe they can assist you. Keep in mind that in most cases, only the payer can file a claim for lost or damaged packages|
|Get in touch with DHL customer service||Contact customer service if you would like to find out:
To get more details about your package being on hold, you should contact DHL customer service. You have three available options:
- Via mail
- By phone
One of the most convenient ways to get feedback on your shipment is by filling out an online form. Here is what you should do:
- Open the DHL contact page
- Click on the Tracking link in the How Can We Help? section
- Enter as much information as possible in the pop-up form
- Click on the Submit button
You might need to wait for a response for a while. In the meantime, you can keep tracking your shipment to check if the status changes.
If you would like to send a letter, use the following address:
Executive Office Contact
1210 South Pine Island Road
Mail Stop #44
Plantation, FL 33324
Don’t mind waiting for a representative to answer your call? In that case, you should call 1-800-225-5345 to find out why your shipment is on hold and whether you can do anything to speed up the process.
You can file a claim with DHL in the following situations:
- Your package does not arrive or is damaged
- You’re dealing with a late delivery of DHL Express Time Definite shipment
Here are some requirements you need to meet to file a claim:
- The party with the claim right (usually the shipper) can file a claim for damage
- The direct-billed party or DHL account holder—i.e., the person or company that was billed for the shipment—can file a claim for late delivery
- You can file a claim:
- For cargo within 30 days of the pickup date
- For DHL Express Time Definite shipments within 14 days of the date when DHL picked up the shipment
- You should provide the following when you inform DHL of any issues:
- Shipment date
- Waybill number
- Receiver information
- Account number (if possible)
You should be aware that delays beyond DHL’s control are not covered. These might include:
- Customs procedures
- Non-standard clearance activities
- Incomplete or incorrect shipment details
- Asking for delay
- Refusing to accept the package or settle the required taxes and duties
For the specifics of your rights and obligations, you should consult DHL’s Money Back Guarantee.
If you would like to save time and nerves, access DoNotPay to get assistance with your package delivery issues.
The refund procedure does not need to be nerve-racking. DoNotPay has come up with the Late Delivery Refund product to help you deal with any package delivery problems easily.
Our AI-powered app is at your disposal once you decide to request a refund from a courier company. We create and send a claim for you automatically!
Sign up for DoNotPay and take the following steps:
- Select the Late Delivery Refund feature
- Choose the courier, i.e., UPS, DHL, USPS, or FedEx
- Enter the necessary details about your shipment
Once you finish, DoNotPay will file your claim with the select courier in a flash.
We can also help you handle UPS, USPS, FedEx, or Amazon late deliveries efficiently. DoNotPay provides valuable advice on various shipping matters, including what you could do in case your package is delivered to the wrong address, you do not receive your eBay order, or you have no idea where your package is.
Our app can do more than request delivery refunds for you. We can help you identify all your hidden expenses and save your money for more relevant matters. If you use DoNotPay, you can:
- Cancel any unused subscription you pay for every month without realizing it
- Reduce property taxes by applying for exemptions and appealing property assessments
- Return faulty products to any company regardless of their returns policy
- Contest parking tickets in any city, county, or state
- Get extensions on your bills during difficult times
- Sign up for free trials without fearing auto-renewal charges
- Find unclaimed money in any state in the U.S.
Not only can we eliminate all hidden expenses you have, but we can help you put more money in your pocket! We don’t let you forget the smaller but meaningful gains you can make from gift card cash backs, raffle ticket wins, or warranty claims. Our nifty app can also assist you in getting some serious cash by way of chargebacks, insurance claims, airline compensation, college fee waivers, paid clinical trials, or crime victims compensation. We can also show you how to sue any company or individual for compensation in small claims court.