How to Appeal an Afterpay Account That’s Been Suspended?
Are you looking for answers as to why your Afterpay is another by-product of the Covid-19 pandemic that reshaped the way we purchase items. We would normally go into these physical stores and get that one-on-one shopping experience with a friendly and knowledgeable salesperson.
Afterpay eliminates that part of the shopping experience and offers its users a way to purchase an item now and pay for it later. The problem begins when you suddenly realize your Afterpay account has been suspended.
Appealing for your AfterPay account to be restored can be quite a task especially if you are not entirely sure why it was banned in the first place. You’ll be amazed that DoNotPay has a fast and easy solution to begin the process of reinstating your afterpay account!
What Is Afterpay and How Does It Work?
Nicolas Molnar founded Afterpay back in 2014 with his then neighbor Anthony Eisen. The strategy behind was and still is simplicity. An app that allows you safely shop at your favorite retailers and gives you the ability to purchase larger items and spread the payments over a six(6) month period interest-free.
After you download the Afterpay app, you can search the available stores you can purchase from, create your list of favorites, manage all of your payments and set spending limits from the comfort of home.
Afterpay Benefits at a Glance
When you become an Afterpay user, the app boasts that you will get these benefits from day one:
- Simple to set up. There is no long complicated application. Just have handy your email, phone number, address, DOB, and which debit/credit card you want to tie to your Afterpay account. You will know instantly if you are approved.
- Shopping online? Simply select Afterpay at checkout.
- Shopping in-store? You're not just limited to online purchasing. Set up your Afterpay card in the app and then add it to your digital wallet then you can tap and pay with the likes of Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay.
- Make your first payment. You can now purchase items and defer the remaining payments to the next six months and never pay any interest.
Manage With Smart Limits
You can check your spending limit amount right from your computer or Smartphone and when you constantly make on-time payments your spending limit will increase. This is ideal for people trying to rebuild their credit or a young person trying to establish some credit.
Ongoing Afterpay Support
Get friendly reminders via text messages that alert you to your next payment being due. As long as you are making your payments on time there will be no interest and no late fees.
If you should happen to miss a payment, your account will be put on hold (suspended) until you get back on track. Late fees are capped at 25% of the purchase price of the item.
So, Why Was My Afterpay Account Suspended?
The most common issue with customers that have suspended accounts has to do with payments. If your payment is late, the account is suspended until you make it current. If you miss a scheduled payment, your account is suspended until you catch up on the late payment plus any late fees.
But other payment issues can lead to an account being suspended or frozen. Here's a quick list of other issues that can lead to an account suspension;
- What happens if I do not make any payments? First, Afterpay will begin charging late fees that are compounded daily, and secondly, your account will be suspended until you pay all payments and all late fees. Afterpay’s risk management team may also decline any future use of the account rendering it frozen and useless until the account is settled in full.
- What happens if a payment is declined? If you do not make your first payment on the purchase date as agreed upon in the Afterpay payment agreement, the risk management team will decline the payment which will then be shown as outstanding. Any further transactions whether you have money in your account or not will be denied.
- When will Afterpay reinstate my account? This is all dependent on why your account has been suspended and if after pay wants to continue having you as a customer. Once you have committed an infraction, Afterpay makes it tough to get back in their good graces.
If anything like this has happened to you, you might do better if you complained about Afterpay in the form of a dispute letter. This is the beginning step for you to take if your Afterpay account was suspended due to fraudulent charges that you have no idea about.
DoNotPay is a comprehensive team of information and solutions wrapped up in a fast and easy-to-use platform. Let's show you how to get DoNotPay involved in this Afterpay issue.
Let DoNotPay Craft an Appeal Letter on Your Behalf to Get Afterpay to Reinstate Your Account
The time and energy it takes to address and deal with issues like your dispute with Afterpay will only go so far. Once you feel that nothing will come from your appeals to Afterpay, it's time to get DoNotPay involved to do the heavy lifting for you. We will do our best to end with a solution that all parties involved can agree upon.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter just for Afterpay in five minutes and send it directly to their company. It will contain a two-week deadline for the company to respond. The ball is now in their court!
Wasn't that easy?
DoNotPay Can Appeal Account Suspensions Across Multiple Platforms!
DoNotPay was designed to level the playing field, so each person with a legitimate complaint can have somebody working on their behalf. DoNotPay has successfully helped hundreds of users across the country in getting their accounts unbanned.
You may still have your doubts so in the meantime, take a look at these other platforms that DoNotPay has gone toe-to-toe with to secure a victorious outcome!
That is Impressive! What Else Can Be Done Using DoNotPay?
Sending an is just another part of the DoNotPay machine!
Here are a few other issues that DoNotPay has previously found success with:
- Preventing identity theft
- Filing a case in small claims court
- Filing an insurance claim quickly
- Drafting child travel consent forms
- Creating standardized legal documents
- Analyzing the Terms of Service (TOS) with any company
- Recovering forgotten account passwords
- Creating a customized divorce settlement agreement
You could be doing better things with your time if only you weren’t juggling so many tasks all at once. Sign up with DoNotPay right now and get a huge chunk of your responsibilities taken care of with just a few clicks.