Subaru CVT Warranty Extension Explained
Subaru of America—or Subaru—is a U.S.-based vehicle distributor. It has over 600 dealers across the U.S.
Subaru faced a backlash from numerous owners regarding its continuously variable transmission (CVT). Issues included stalling, shuddering, and even the engine shutting off. While Subaru didn’t face the problems head-on or issue a recall, its solution was to extend the CVT warranty.
Is the Subaru CVT Transmission Warranty Extension Subpar?
With its warranty extension, Subaru only has to deal with vehicles that exhibit CVT failures during the proclaimed warranty period. This means that even with a high chance of the CVT malfunctioning, Subaru won’t fix it until it happens. Your car may not even be under the extended warranty when an issue occurs, in which case Subaru won’t cover the cost of the repairs.
Here are the vehicles that have an extended warranty for their CVTs:
- 2010-2015 Legacy and Outback
- 2012-15 Impreza
- 2013-15 Crosstrek
- 2014-15 Crosstrek Hybrid
- 2014-15 Forester with 2.5-liter four-cylinder
- 2014-2015 Forester with turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder
- 2015 Legacy and Outback with 3.6-liter V-6
- 2015 WRX 2.0
What Does the Subaru CVT Extended Warranty Cover?
Subaru extended CVT warranty covers the repairs and replacement of original CVT components under the extended warranty period, which was originally five years/60,000 miles. Check out what to expect if your CVT fails:
|Subaru CVT Extended Warranty Covers||Subaru CVT Extended Warranty Doesn’t Cover||Warranty Period|
|All CVT components, including:
Ten years/100,000 miles
How To File a Subaru CVT Warranty Claim
Subaru advises owners to file a CVT or a car warranty claim as soon as possible. You should do it for your safety and so that you don’t surpass the warranty period. You can reach out to:
- The authorized Subaru retailer where you purchased your vehicle
- All authorized Subaru retailers in the U.S.
- Any service facility if you need an emergency repair and an authorized service is not within 75 miles
If you go with option three, you may qualify for reimbursement if the cost isn’t higher than Subaru’s suggested price.
Here are all the methods to file a Subaru CVT extended warranty claim:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty With||Yes/No|
Submit a CVT Extended Warranty Claim Over the Phone
You can call a Subaru service to file a warranty claim and schedule a service appointment. To find the contact info for the service of your choice, do the following:
- Visit Subaru’s website
- Click on Your Location in the upper part of your screen
- Enter your ZIP code or tap on Use My Current Location
- Select a Subaru retailer
- Call the listed phone number, explain your issue, and schedule an appointment
Submit a CVT Extended Warranty Claim in Person
When you find the contact info of a Subaru retailer in your area, you’ll see its address and phone number. You can go to the service, file a warranty claim, and request or schedule a service.
Submit a Subaru Transmission Extended Warranty Claim Using DoNotPay
Click a few times, and we’ll submit a warranty claim and schedule your appointment. Here’s how it works:
- Access DoNotPay from a web browser
- Select Claim Warranty
- Click Car Warranty
- Answer a few questions from our chatbot
- Tap on Submit
Did Subaru Deny Your Warranty Claim? You Can Appeal It With DoNotPay’s Help!
Subaru might reject your CVT extended warranty claim. If this happens, you’ll be prepared to fight back with DoNotPay’s AI-powered technology.
Check out what you need to do:
- Open DoNotPay in a web browser
- Choose the Claim Warranty feature
- Hit Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Enter the details about your original claim
- Tap on Submit
By combining the info you give us with the relevant warranty laws, we’ll compose an outstanding appeal letter and send it to Subaru.
We can also be your sidekick if a dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty.
Use DoNotPay To Solve Any Problem That Comes Your Way
DoNotPay is all about easy-breezy methods of resolving warranty issues. Even if you don’t have one and you want to skim through home warranty reviews in search of home warranties in the U.S., we’ve got it covered!
Open DoNotPay in a web browser, and discover other life-changing features, such as:
- Blocking text message spam
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting help for unpaid bills
- Stopping spam emails
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Keeping safe from stalking and harassment
- Locating unclaimed money under your name
- Taking anyone to small claims court
- Requesting refunds from companies
- Getting in touch with incarcerated family and friends
- Making a DMV appointment
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Canceling your subscriptions or memberships with ease
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting customer support
- Requesting a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Overturning parking tickets
- Starting free trials without hidden charges
- Getting even with robocalls
- Waiving college application fees
- Managing credit card problems
- Submitting and appealing your warranty claims