Is Your Package Out for Post Office Delivery? What if You Don’t Receive It?
Waiting for an order can be a hassle sometimes. While courier companies are constantly improving their services and deliveries run smoothly in most cases, there can be inconveniences.
Package out for post office delivery is a tracking status that should be thrilling. You will be getting your new item of clothes, pair of shoes, or something else of value to you.
What happens if you do not receive the package? Who should you get in touch with? What’s the procedure? Can you get a refund? This article provides answers to these questions, and DoNotPay is at your disposal whenever you need to handle your delivery issues!
If you are keeping track of your soon-to-come package via USPS tracking system and the status says out for delivery, it means the package has left a local post office. A courier should deliver it during that day.
USPS’s usual delivery times are until 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, but some deliveries can happen at a later time. Situations that can delay deliveries include:
- Heavy traffic
- Route changes
- Weather conditions
- High volumes of deliveries
If you do not receive your parcel by the following business day, you should:
- Check the tracking status the next day—maybe it was returned to the post office because of a problem, and you should be able to see a new status indicating the reason
- Contact USPS
If the USPS status “out for delivery” turns to delivered but your package has not arrived, here are some of the reasons and suggested solutions:
|Possible Scenarios||What You Could Do|
|The package will be delivered||
|Unsuccessful delivery attempt||Check the status the following day to see the reason why the delivery failed|
|The package was delivered to the wrong address||Inspect details next to the status to see if the delivery address is listed. If there is a wrong one, you should:
|The package was lost or stolen||First:
If you cannot locate the package, you should:
The first step you would need to complete is to let USPS know that your package is lost. Here is how you can do that:
- Fill out a help request form to inform your local post office first
- Start a Missing Mail Search if seven days after you filed the help request form you have not:
- Heard back from a local post office
- Received your lost package
If USPS cannot find your parcel and you used a service with a money-back guarantee, you should file a refund claim. You can do that:
- By mail
- Via DoNotPay
You can file a claim online by following these steps:
- Visit the File a Claim page
- Confirm the filing period—you might need to wait between seven and 45 days to file a claim
- Gather supporting evidence
- Start your claim
If you like using paper and pen, you can send your claim by mail. Here is how you make it happen:
- Contact the USPS National Materials Customer Service at 1-800-332-0317
- Ask them to send you a paper Domestic Claim form
- Complete the document
- Send it to the address provided on the form
Be patient when opting for finishing the claim process on your own. The phone line might be busy for a long time.
There is a simpler and faster way to file a refund claim—access DoNotPay to complete the whole process in a flash!
Losing a package does not need to be a cause for yet another headache and stress in your life. As it is a common problem, you simply need to find the most convenient way to solve it.
Our app can help you submit a refund claim for a stolen or missing package in a matter of minutes! Subscribe to DoNotPay and complete these short steps:
- Select our Late Delivery Refund feature
- Choose USPS (or some other courier company)
- Type in some details about your shipment
It will take you a few minutes to complete these steps, and DoNotPay will automatically file your claim.
USPS is not the only company we can help you with. You might also be interested in the following articles where we provide valuable information about other companies and topics:
- Amazon late deliveries
- eBay item not received
- FedEx lost and late packages
- UPS packages that have not arrived in due time and are missing
Our app can do more than request delivery refunds for you. We can help you identify all your hidden expenses and save your money for more relevant matters. If you use DoNotPay, you can:
- Cancel any unused subscription you pay for every month without realizing it
- Reduce property taxes by applying for exemptions and appealing property assessments
- Return faulty products to any company regardless of their returns policy
- Contest parking tickets in any city, county, or state
- Get extensions on your bills during difficult times
- Sign up for free trials without fearing auto-renewal charges
- Find unclaimed money in any state in the U.S.
Not only can we eliminate all hidden expenses you have, but we can help you put more money in your pocket! We don’t let you forget the smaller but meaningful gains you can make from gift card cash backs, raffle ticket wins, or warranty claims. Our nifty app can also assist you in getting some serious cash by way of chargebacks, insurance claims, airline compensation, college fee waivers, paid clinical trials, or crime victims compensation. We can also show you how to sue any company or individual for compensation in small claims court.