Skip Looking for a Notary Public in Cambridge, MA—Get a Document Notarized Online
If you need to have a document notarized, you look for a notary in the phone book, call to schedule an appointment, print your document, and bring it along with your ID to the notary’s office.
Follow our guide and find out why you don’t need a notary public from Cambridge, MA, if you and book an online notary.
How Does Notarization Work?
Notarization is performed by a notary public who is an impartial witness attesting to the identity of the person signing a document. While notarization doesn’t make a document legally valid since notaries aren’t allowed to interpret a document or give advice, a document is sometimes only accepted as legitimate if it is notarized.
A notary can:
- Certify a copy
- Take an acknowledgment
- Administer an oath or affirmation for an affidavit, for example
- Take a verification on an oath or affirmation
The main purpose of notarizing a document is to deter fraud and coercion. Here’s what the entire process typically entails:
|Verifying the signer’s identity||The notary checks the signer’s ID card, passport, driver's license, or other government-issued photo ID|
|Checking the signer’s willingness to sign the document||The signer needs to show that they understand the content of the document they’re signing. The notary must ensure no one forced the signer to enter into an agreement|
|Establishing the signer is of sound mind||The signer cannot be under the influence, medicated or drunk, or mentally unstable|
|Witnessing the signing||The notary witnesses the signing of the document|
|Notarizing the document||The notary adds a signature and seal on the notary section of the document|
Where Can I Find a Notary in Cambridge?
- City clerk’s office
- UPS store
- Insurance agencies
- Tax service offices
- Real estate offices
- Translation services
- Law offices
- Shipping centers
- Travel agencies
What Types of Notaries Are There?
Depending on the type of notary service they offer, there are different types of notaries, such as:
- Regular notaries—notarizing paper documents in person in their offices
- Electronic notaries—notarizing electronic documents in person
- Online notaries—notarizing documents remotely via a video call
- Mobile notaries—traveling to their clients to notarize documents
- Notary signing agents—dealing with loans, notarizing loan documents, and providing different administrative services, such as printing and delivering
How High Are Notary Fees?
In Massachusetts, a notary cannot charge more than $1.25 per signature for a notarized document. Notaries can charge additional fees depending on the notarial act they’re performing and whether they have any additional expenses, such as travel.
What To Expect From Remote Online Notarization
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Massachusetts temporarily allowed remote online notarization. Even if MA notaries lose this ability in the future, out-of-state notaries can help. Luckily, you don’t have to worry about finding an online notary with DoNotPay by your side—we’ll match you with one in a few clicks.
Here’s what you need to know about online notarization in MA:
- MA online notaries can use Zoom or Cisco Webex for the virtual appointments
- “Wet ink” signatures on paper documents are required in MA, while most states allow electronic signatures
- The notary must record the online notarization and keep the record for ten years
- Both the MA notary and the signer need to be in MA
- All documents that can be notarized in person can be notarized online
- The notary and the signer need to see and hear each other at all times during the appointment
Schedule an Online Notary Appointment Using DoNotPay
Rely on DoNotPay so that you don’t have to wonder about following the state notary regulations, searching for a notary on your own, and visiting a notary in person if you’d prefer to stay home.
All it takes is several clicks, and you’ll book your online notary appointment.
and follow these steps:
- Type in Notarize Any Document in the search field
- Upload your document
- Enter your email address
You’ll get an email from us containing a link. By following this link, you’ll choose the date and time of your appointment, schedule, and confirm it.
Use DoNotPay To Draft and Notarize Legal Documents
DoNotPay is so much more than a virtual assistant for notarizing documents. You can enjoy every feature at your disposal as a DoNotPay user. We integrate our products so that you can perform certain tasks in a matter of minutes using only one app.
One of the products we offer is Standardized Legal Documents, which allows you to generate numerous legal documents, such as:
- Real estate documents
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Quitclaim Deed
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Estoppel Certificate
- Business documents
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- General Business Contract
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Miscellaneous documents
- Parenting Plan (Child Custody Agreement)
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Prenuptial Agreement
- General Affidavit
- Promissory Note
Use Our Robot Lawyer To Eliminate Pesky Tasks
Administrative tasks are often time-consuming, which is why many people give up on them before even trying to tackle them. Requesting refunds, canceling services, signing up for clinical trials, reporting stalkers and robocalls, and trying to find unclaimed money are all processes that would usually take a long time to resolve.
With the help of DoNotPay, though, all of these admin hurdles become a piece of cake. In just a few minutes, our app can assist you in appealing parking tickets, getting in touch with your imprisoned loved one, getting an extended warranty, reporting copyright infringement, and so much more!
Don’t Break the Bank—Sign Up for DoNotPay!
Our app can save you lots of money by helping you get a refund from any airline, sign up for a free trial without your credit card info, earn off persistent and illegal spam emails, and get an application fee waiver for a college you apply to.