Here’s How To Find a Notary in Cupertino Without Hassle
Notarizing documents is a frequent but dull part of a contemporary lifestyle. Whether you need to notarize an affidavit, a bill of sale, or a consent form for child travel, you will need to do it by taking your document and your ID to a notary public.
You can find no shortage of notary services in Cupertino, California—but which ones are actually worth employing?
DoNotPay can help you filter through the many notaries in Cupertino to find the one nearest to you and show you how to set up a meeting with a notary in no time!
What Kind of Notarial Acts Do Notaries Perform?
Notaries public offer a lot of services to their customers. When it comes to authenticating legal documents, a notary’s main job is to:
- Verify the identity of the signer using an identification document, such as a passport, a driver’s license, or a government-issued ID
- Check whether the signer understands the contents of the document as well as its effects
- Determine that the signer is of age and sound mental state to sign the document
Documents that individuals and business people most often deal with are:
- Business transactions
- Loan documents
- Real estate purchase and sale contracts
Besides notarizing any of these documents, notaries can also administer oaths and acknowledgments.
Why Won’t a Notary Notarize My Document?
If a notary public doesn’t want to put their seal or signature on your documents, you may have:
- Left blanks in your contract
- Failed to bring a witness to the signing when it was necessary to do so
- Forgotten your identification documents
- Failed to notice your ID had expired
Even though the act may seem tedious, you have to take going to a notary office seriously. If you forget to bring your ID or the document you want to notarize, you will have to schedule another appointment. Since you probably need your documents notarized sooner rather than later, it’s clear why this is a hindrance.
How To Notarize Documents in Cupertino, CA
Unfortunately, California is one of the states that still doesn’t allow its notaries public to offer online notary services to their customers. While some of the states allow remote notarization temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic, California is not among them.
Here’s how you can notarize documents in Cupertino, CA, for now:
How To Get Documents Notarized in Cupertino, CA
|In person||Going to a notary office is the traditional and the most inconvenient method. You have to schedule a meeting, show up in person with your ID and document, and sign the document in front of a notary|
|Mobile notary||Hiring a mobile notary may be convenient since you’ll get a notary public to come to whatever place suits you, whether your home or your work office. This method isn’t that affordable, though, since notaries charge additional travel costs|
|Remote notarization through an out-of-state notary||Living in Cupertino, CA, doesn’t mean you can’t get a document notarized online. You only need to be careful to schedule an appointment with a notary that works in a state that allows remote notarization, whether temporarily or permanently|
How To Find a Notary In Cupertino, California
Finding a notary near you isn’t so difficult. The part where you have to compare the prices and locations can take a while, though.
Here’s what you can do if you need a notary in Cupertino, California:
- Look through the Notary.net or 123Notary databases
- Go to the Cupertino UPS Store to get a document notarized for a fee
- Stop by your bank to potentially notarize a document free of charge
Other places that usually have a notary public offering their services to citizens are:
- Law offices and courthouses
- Public libraries
- Police departments
- Real estate offices
- Money transfer services
Why Remote Online Notarization Is the Option You’ll Want To Go With
Having to walk, drive your car, or take public transport to go to a notary office results in an unnecessary waste of time and money. The fact that you have to repeat the entire process if you miss your meeting or forget an important piece of documentation is both tiring and annoying.
You may want or need to use your document right away, and having to schedule and wait for another meeting with a notary is not an option.
This is why getting your documents notarized online is the best alternative. You have the freedom to schedule an appointment whenever it suits you, and the process is over quickly. Plus, you don’t have to put on a suit and leave your house at all!
if you want to book a meeting with an online notary without wasting your time.
Schedule Notary Appointments in a Flash by Signing Up for DoNotPay!
Regardless of your location, you can get your documents notarized online by a notary public working in a state that allows remote online notarization. If you use DoNotPay, you’ll have your notary meeting scheduled in under a few minutes.
You only need to:
- Navigate to our Notarize Any Document product
- Upload your document to our app
- Give our chatbot your email address
- Open the email we send you to set up your meeting with an online notary
The best part of using DoNotPay is that you have access to all our products without paying any extra fees! For example, you can generate legal documents, send faxes electronically, and schedule virtual meetings with a notary from one centralized place!
Do You Know What Else You Are Eligible For?
DoNotPay is a handy virtual assistant that can reveal a world of possibilities that you may not have even been aware of. We've perfected our algorithms to identify opportunities for you to save up and take charge of your rights.
Here's a fraction of what we can do for you:
- Claim airline compensation for sub-par in-flight Wi-Fi, delayed, or canceled flights
- Compose an unpaid bills extension letter and see if you qualify for a waiver of any late fees
- Discover if you're eligible for a chargeback according to the Fair Credit Billing Act
- Find out if there are any class action lawsuits against email spammers that you can join
- Help you enroll in paid clinical trials
- Locate any unclaimed property the state is holding for you
- Find unused subscriptions—connect your email and bank account with DoNotPay and discover all services you're subscribed to and cancel the ones you don't need
- Submit a warranty claim for your car, home, or any other purchase
- Ask for a college application fee waiver based on your financial situation
- Help you get compensation for a crime you fell victim to
What Else Is New With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay boasts several new features that can help make your everyday life so much easier.
Have you been wondering how to file an insurance claim but weren't sure where or who to turn to? We'll gladly do it for you.
Are you tired of outdated faxing practices and manual documentation? Our app can provide you with an online fax solution and draft all your legal paperwork in no time at all.
Do you need a safe place to prepare for your upcoming government test? DoNotPay will give you all the prep tests you need.
We can help out with locating an imprisoned loved one and keeping correspondence with them via our virtual mailbox.
See what else DoNotPay has in store by accessing our web app in any browser.