Get a Notarized Letter Template for Child Travel in a Snap!
If your child is a minor traveling without both parents or one or all of their legal guardians, you will need to get a minor travel consent form for them and get a notary signature on it.
If you aren’t sure what the form looks like or how to fill it out, we’ve got you covered!
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What a child travel consent form is
- When you need it
- Why it’s important
- How to fill out and notarize the form
What Is a Notarized Letter of Consent for Child Travel?
Children under the age of 18 must present a notarized letter of consent or a consent form when traveling abroad or within the country.
Depending on where your child is traveling, immigration officers might not need a notarized letter of consent, but it’s still advisable to have a notary signature on it. That way, authorities won’t question the authenticity of the form or letter.
It’s also recommended that both parents or all legal guardians sign the consent.
When Does Your Child Need a Travel Consent Letter?
Your child needs a letter of consent for child travel or a form that serves the same purpose when they’re traveling:
- With one parent
- With an organization
- With a friend or relative
Why Does Your Child Need a Letter of Consent To Travel?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires a form or letter of consent for child travel to fight various criminal offenses, such as abduction or human trafficking.
The Letter of Consent for Child Travel Template
A letter of consent for child travel includes:
- Full name of the parent and their signature
- Full name and date of birth of the child
- Full name of the person or organization that will travel with the child if applicable
- Dates when the child will begin and end the travel
- Details about the method of travel, such as airline name and flight number
- Contact information of the parent giving consent
- The date when the letter is written
Of course, the letter will also have the notary public’s signature if you want it to be valid.
Here’s an example of what the letter of consent for child travel can look like:
“I [First and last name of the parent] authorize my child [The child’s first and last name and their date of birth] to travel with [Full name of the individual or organization that’s accompanying the child on the travel] to [Travel location] from [Date] to [Date].
[Include details about travel, like airline name, flight number, or tour guide]
Parent [Your information in the blank spaces]
City, State, and Zip Code”
You should then sign the letter and get it notarized.
You can write or type out the letter and print it or download a sample letter online.
How To Fill Out a Child Travel Consent Form
You may also stumble upon a child travel consent form. It is usually more detailed than a letter.
Whether you are using a form or a letter, you need to sign it in front of a notary. You can fill out the document beforehand, but the notary public needs to witness you signing it before they put their seal and signature on it.
Check out what sections child travel consent forms must contain and what information to give in the table below:
What It Includes
|The parent or legal guardian||
|Alone or with an accompanying person||
How To Notarize a Consent Form or Letter
Getting any document notarized the traditional way takes too much time. You have to:
- Research the notaries near you and compare the prices
- Schedule and wait for your appointment
- Show up in person with your document and identification documents
- Wait for the notary to do their job
If you find you don’t have time to make it to your appointment with a notary public, you need to wait days or weeks, in some instances, to get the next one. DoNotPay can help you get a quick online notary appointment so you can run the errand from the comfort of your home. When you get a DoNotPay account, you won’t have to waste time going to a notary’s office ever again.
Note that not all states recognize remote notarization. Double-check the rules and regulations for your state before you notarize the consent form or letter online.
Notarize Your Document With DoNotPay Right Away
You only need to go through this short four-step process:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Navigate to the Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload your consent form or letter for child travel
- Give us your email address
DoNotPay will send you a link to your email address right away so you can schedule your notary appointment.
Do You Know What Else You Are Eligible For?
DoNotPay is a handy virtual assistant that can reveal a world of possibilities that you may not have even been aware of. We’ve perfected our algorithms to identify opportunities for you to save up and take charge of your rights.
Here’s a fraction of what we can do for you:
- Claim airline compensation for sub-par in-flight Wi-Fi, delayed, or canceled flights
- Compose an unpaid bills extension letter and see if you qualify for a waiver of any late fees
- Discover if you’re eligible for a chargeback according to the Fair Credit Billing Act
- Find out if there are any class action lawsuits against email spammers that you can join
- Help you enroll in paid clinical trials
- Locate any unclaimed property the state is holding for you
- Find unused subscriptions—connect your email and bank account with DoNotPay and discover all services you’re subscribed to and cancel the ones you don’t need
- Submit a warranty claim for your car, home, or any other purchase
- Ask for a college application fee waiver based on your financial situation
- Help you get compensation for a crime you fell victim to
What Else Is New With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay boasts several new features that can help make your everyday life so much easier.
Have you been wondering how to file an insurance claim but weren’t sure where or who to turn to? We’ll gladly do it for you.
Do you need a safe place to prepare for your upcoming government test? DoNotPay will give you all the prep tests you need.
We can help out with locating an imprisoned loved one and keeping correspondence with them via our virtual mailbox.
See what else DoNotPay has in store by accessing our web app in any browser.