A Guide on a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
Cars have different types of warranties. The two main ones are a manufacturer warranty and an extended warranty. A manufacturer or limited warranty should come with the purchased vehicle. You can usually buy an extended warranty that will start as soon as the limited one ends. Even used cars have extended warranties.
Another car warranty type is a powertrain warranty. Learn all about it, if it’s worth buying, and how to eventually claim it.
What Is a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
A powertrain warranty—as the term suggests—is a warranty on the powertrain of a car. This includes the main internal parts of the car that help the car run.
More and more car dealerships offer a lifetime powertrain warranty. This is usually not a lifetime warranty and comes with certain restrictions:
- The warranty lasts for eight to ten years or 100,000 to 150,000 miles
- Frequent maintenance services at the dealer where you bought the car
What Does a Car Powertrain Lifetime Warranty Cover?
Check out a few dealerships offering a lifetime powertrain warranty and their key features:
|Dealership||Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Covers||Key Features|
How To Claim a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on Cars?
The conditions of filing a lifetime powertrain warranty claim depend on the dealership. Typically, you can file a claim and schedule a warranty service in the following ways:
- Via email
- Over the phone
- Through an online form
- By visiting an auto service and schedule it in person
Streamline the Warranty Claim Procedure With DoNotPay
By using DoNotPay to submit a warranty claim, you’ll skip combing through various websites, checking if you should contact the manufacturer or the dealership, and searching for their contact details.
DoNotPay is an all-in-one tool! After a few clicks, we’ll contact the car company in question and file your warranty claim. The company will then contact you directly and schedule a service.
Open DoNotPay in a web browser, and do the following:
- Choose the Claim Warranty option
- Select Car Warranty
- Answer a few short questions
- Tap on Submit My Claim
Use DoNotPay To Appeal a Rejected Warranty Claim
If your car breaks down and you file a warranty claim, the last thing you want to hear is that a company rejected it. Companies often deny warranty claims. You should read the fine print and check your warranty for any hidden rules or requirements. An even better way is to leave it all to DoNotPay!
All you need to do is press a few buttons and provide us with the information about your original claim. Aside from your info, DoNotPay relies on the relevant warranty laws to make sure your car company doesn’t wiggle out of honoring your warranty claim.
Check out how it works:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Click on Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Answer a few questions about your warranty claim
- Tap on Submit
Lean on DoNotPay for other issues, such as when a dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty.
DoNotPay Helps You Free Yourself From Bureaucracy for a Lifetime
Aside from car warranties, DoNotPay can be of assistance with warranties for your home. If you’re looking for home warranty reviews to find the best home warranties in America, look no further! DoNotPay has done the work so that you can pick and choose. Our app can help you with plenty of other issues!
Visit DoNotPay in any web browser, and access our learning center offering versatile features such as:
- Obtaining refunds from different companies
- Skipping the call waiting when phoning customer support
- Circumventing college application fees
- Terminating any of your memberships or subscriptions
- Doing away with spam text messages forever
- Getting protected from stalking and harassment
- Contesting your traffic tickets
- Filing and appealing claims for any warranties
- Starting free trials without revealing credit card info
- Putting an end to spam emails
- Registering on different services without phone verification
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Claiming any unclaimed funds under your name
- Fixing any issues with your credit card
- Keeping your work protected against copyright infringement
- Demanding refunds or compensation for canceled or delayed flights quickly
- Making appointments at the DMV hassle-free
- Overturning your speeding tickets
- Disputing your parking tickets
- Keeping in touch with your loved ones in prison
- Applying for clinical trials near you
- Fighting back at robocalls
- Dealing with your unpaid bills