HP Manufacturer Warranty and the Fastest Way To Claim It
HP is a company that produces computers, printers, and similar devices. The company is based in Palo Alto, California, and is one of the biggest computer manufacturers in America.
If you are thinking about purchasing an HP product, learn more about the HP manufacturer warranty.
What Is the HP Warranty Policy?
HP offers a limited warranty on hardware. The warranty lasts for a year and covers all defects in workmanship and materials.
HP manufacturer warranty does not cover damages resulting from:
- Liquid spills
- Misuse or abuse
- Improper site preparation
- Loss or damage in transit
- Improper or inadequate maintenance
- Improper installation of end-user replaceable HP
If you notice any damage to your HP device during the warranty period, HP should repair, replace, or refund the defective components. If you are not sure whether your device is still under warranty, use DoNotPay’s guide on performing an HP warranty check.
How Can You Claim HP Warranty on Your Own?
If you experience any issues with your HP device, you can submit a warranty claim in the following ways:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty Via||Yes/No|
How To File an HP Warranty Claim Over the Phone
You can request a service for your malfunctioning HP device by calling the HP warranty phone number—1-800-474-6836. When you reach a customer service representative, explain your issue and ask for repair. Before you call HP, check your device’s serial number.
How To Submit an HP Warranty Claim Online
Another way to contact HP’s customer support and file a warranty claim is via the company’s online contact form. Here is how to do it:
- Open HP’s Contact Page
- Tap Go under Contact Support
- Select the Virtual Agent option
- Choose Warranty or Repairs
- Select the topic you need help with
- Provide the details about your issue and select the warranty service option
How To Claim HP Warranty in Person
You can also find the nearest HP service center and visit it to file a warranty claim. You should explain what defects you noticed on your device and ask for a repair. Note that you should have the receipt with yourself.
Submit an HP Warranty Claim Quickly via DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the most efficient way of filing an HP warranty claim. You won’t need to deal with any customer service representatives. Set up your DoNotPay account in any web browser and follow these instructions:
- Access the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Tell us what problems you have with your HP device
- Click on Submit
We’ll use the information you provide to compose a claim letter and send it to HP. The company’s representatives should contact you with more details soon after they receive the letter.
Whether you have the manufacturer or extended warranty for your HP device, count on DoNotPay’s expertise to submit your warranty claim.
Did HP Reject Your Warranty Claim? Appeal With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is here to protect your consumer rights if HP denies your warranty claim. You can use our AI-powered app to file an appeal in no time! All you need to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account in any web browser
- Select the Claim Warranty option
- Click on Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Provide a few details about your original claim
- Hit Submit
DoNotPay will generate an appeal letter relying on the implied U.S. warranty laws and the information we get from you. We’ll send the letter to HP, and the company’s representatives should get in touch with you directly to tell you the outcome of your case.
DoNotPay Saves the Day
Access DoNotPay from any web browser and check out our other time-saving features:
- Getting back at annoying robocalls
- Bypassing phone verification when registering at any platform
- Appealing parking tickets
- Making a DMV appointment in minutes
- Cutting on the waiting time when calling any customer service
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Submitting insurance claims fast
- Getting rid of your subscriptions and memberships
- Claiming refunds with ease
- Saving your original work from copyright infringement
- Requesting college application fee waivers in no time
- Ending email spam
- Handling your large bills
- Enrolling in different clinical trials
- Signing up for trials without thinking about charges
- Solving credit card issues effortlessly
- Protecting yourself when exposed to harassment or stalking
- Submitting other warranty claims
- Putting a stop to text spam
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Filing small claims lawsuits against anyone
- Locating unclaimed property under your name in any state
- Obtaining compensation and refunds when your flight gets delayed or canceled
- Communicating with your relatives and friends in jail
- Practicing for government tests