Considering Investing in a Ford Maintenance Plan? Learn All About Ford Extended Warranty Refund Opportunities!
Whether you’re taking your car for a regular check-up or buying a new one, your local dealer will try to get you to invest in a maintenance plan.
Buying a maintenance plan brings a lot of benefits. It saves your time and money by covering various unexpected vehicle repair costs, includes perks like roadside assistance, and it’s completely transferable if you decide to sell your vehicle.
If you are a Ford driver, you can choose between various Ford Extended Service Plans (ESPs).
Each plan can cover the same time or mileage as the others, and they all come with the same perks, but they offer different services.
As a car owner, you should know what happens if you are not happy with your plan and want to ask for a refund.
What Is Ford ESP Refund Policy?
When you purchase a Ford Extended Service plan from a licensed Ford dealer, the warranty is backed by Ford Motor Company.
The price difference between dealerships may seem odd because some offer plans at significantly lower prices. This often happens because some dealerships can offer volume pricing, which leads to lower costs.
Since Ford Motor Company approves the service plans, the refund policy is also tied to it.
Some variations may exist depending on the state you live in, but here are the general rules:
- You can cancel your ESP and get a full refund within 30 or 60 days, depending on the state you live in
- The ESP is eligible for a refund if no claims were made
- You can cancel the plan after 30 or 60 days and get a prorated refund. The amount depends on how long you have been using the plan
- Depending on your dealer, you may be charged a cancellation fee
How To Get a Ford Protect or Ford Premium Maintenance Plan Refund
In case you purchased your Ford Extended Service plan from a local dealer and would like a refund, you have to contact the dealership. The actual contact method depends on the dealer in question, and your best option is to check their website for more info.
In case you cannot reach your dealer or have purchased the plan directly from Ford Motor Company, you can request a refund from them.
Here are a few ways to do it:
Can You Request a Refund Via
How To Request a Ford Motor Company Extended Warranty Refund via Mail
You send your refund request letter to Ford Motor Company at Ford Motor Company, Extended Service Plan Headquarter, Attn: Cancellation Department, P.O. Box 6045, Dearborn, MI 48121.
Make sure to include:
- Your full name and contact info
- Cancellation request with an inquiry for a refund
- Proof of your plan payoff
- Snapshot of current mileage
- Automobile Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Cancellation date
- Reason for cancellation
How To Ask for a Ford Extended Service Plan Refund in an Email
You can get in touch with Ford Motor Company by emailing your refund request to email@example.com.
Include everything mentioned in the previous section when sending your refund request.
How To Request a Ford Maintenance Plan Refund on Twitter?
Another option is to get in touch with Ford customer service on their FordService Twitter account.
Ask only the essential questions. There is no need to send photos or proof of purchase. The customer service representatives will guide you through the rest of the process.
How To Get a Ford ESP Warranty Refund Over the Phone
You can reach out to the company by calling them at 877-794-6434 or
800-232-5952. Both numbers are toll-free.
You are free to call from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
How Long Do I Have To Wait for My Ford Extended Warranty Refund?
If you requested a refund from your dealership and they have an automated refund system, you can expect the company to process your refund request within five business days. It takes longer if you have to communicate via email or over the phone.
You should also consider that you may have to wait up to two weeks for your bank to process the refund once the money is issued.
How To Get a Ford Extended Warranty Refund With the Help of DoNotPay
The main difference between a refund and a chargeback is that you don’t have to involve the merchant in the chargeback process. You communicate directly with your bank.
DoNotPay can guide you through this process:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Click on the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Give the transaction details to our chatbot
- Type in the name of the merchant
Once you go through the rest of the steps, DoNotPay will take over. We will fax a dispute letter to your bank and reach out to the merchant on your behalf (whether it’s a dealership or Ford Motor Company) and ask them for a refund.
Our app will also provide crucial Visa and MasterCard codes to help you with your case.
Check out some other services and companies you can get refunds from with the help of our app:
Learn How DoNotPay Can Make a Difference in Your Life
DoNotPay is a virtual assistant app, honored with the American Bar Association Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access and capable of dealing with various paperwork-related or administrative challenges.
Check out what other amazing options DoNotPay offers by accessing it from your web browser.
We can assist you with:
- Managing credit card issues
- Dropping different subscriptions or memberships
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Signing up for clinical trials according to your preferences
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Taking people and companies to small claims court
- Starting free trials safely
- Tackling spam texts
- Getting rid of spam mail
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Acquiring refunds and compensation from airlines
- Scheduling an appointment with the DMV
- Disputing parking tickets
- Dealing with bills that are too high to pay
- Keeping you safe from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other services
- Avoiding being put on hold when calling customer service reps