How To Deal With the Awful BoltBus Refund Rules and Get Your Money Back!
BoltBus is a low-cost intercity bus company offering cheap rates (as low as $1), free Wi-Fi, power outlets, overhead bins, leather seats, luggage storage, restrooms, and some other perks.
It's a cool option if you want to travel on a budget in a relatively comfortable environment.
The good news is that DoNotPay can help you bypass those restrictive rules.
DoNotPay Goes Around the BoltBus Refund Policy and Gets Your Money
Did you know that if you don't approve of a charge on your credit card, you can dispute it?
A chargeback is different from a refund because you cut off the merchant from the process, which is BoltBus in this case, and communicate with your bank to get results.
This is where DoNotPay steps in:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Go to the Chargeback Instantly section
- Enter the details of your transaction
- Type in BoltBus as the name of the merchant
- Submit your request
DoNotPay will help you with your chargeback process and fax a dispute letter to your bank. You will get all the necessary Visa and Mastercard codes that will strengthen your case.
We will also contact BoltBus to ask for a refund on your behalf.
You can use this method to get a refund from other low-cost bus services like Megabus.
Does BoltBus Refund Tickets in Some Cases?
There are certain cases where you may get a refund from BoldBus, but their tickets are generally non-refundable.
This means that in case you are late or unable to make your trip due to illness, family emergency, or any other reason, you are stuck with your ticket.
One thing you can do is rebook another trip. The option is available up to 24 hours before departure.
BoltBus is not flexible, even with rebooking. If you book another ticket that costs less than the original, you won't get a refund for the price difference. You won't even get a credit for future purchases.
Can I Get a BoltBus Refund if My Trip Is Canceled?
In case your trip is canceled, you will get a refund automatically. The company states that there is no need to contact them to request a refund because they will issue it to your original payment method.
In addition to the refund, if the cancellation was BoltBus's fault, you may get a free trip.
How Do I Check if I Got a BoltBus Refund?
Since you can only get a refund if the company cancels your trip, you should check for any current cancellations.
You can do this by regularly checking your email for any cancellation notices. Another option is to visit the company's website and find the Travel Alerts section to verify your trip.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
How Can I Contact BoltBus if I Think I Deserve a Refund?
With their strict refund policy, you may be discouraged from reaching out to BoltBus even if you feel you are entitled to a refund, but you shouldn't be.
Maybe their bus was late, or you feel you had a legitimate reason to miss your trip.
If you want to take a chance and contact the company, here are your options:
- Emailing a request letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 1-877-BOLTBUS (1-877-265-8287) and asking to speak with an operator directly
- Contacting them on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, because companies are often more responsive on social networks
Whatever method you choose, make sure to have the details of your purchase and your contact info ready.
If you decide to call BoltBus, you may encounter long phone queues, but with DoNotPay, you don't have to waste your time.
Our app will call BoltBus and hold the line until a real person answers. We will notify you as soon as that happens so that you can take over.
Give it a go by accessing DoNotPay from your web browser.
Waiting time when contacting customer service reps is increasing for many companies.
Check out how to avoid the phone queue for:
Get up to $25,000 by Suing BoltBus With DoNotPay
Sometimes a company refuses to cooperate even if it is in the wrong.
DoNotPay, the first robot lawyer in the world, has been recognized by the American Bar Association Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access and can assist you in filing a lawsuit against BoltBus in small claims court.
To begin working on your case, access DoNotPay from your web browser.
Here is what you get with DoNotPay:
- A perfectly crafted demand letter—We will generate a demand letter tailored to your specific case. You only need to give our chatbot a few answers about the case and send a completed letter to BoltBus
- Filled-out legal paperwork—Each small claims court requires a specific set of legal forms in a predetermined number of copies. Once you give the details of your case to our chatbot, we will provide you with the type of forms you need, in the required number of copies, and fill them out for you
- A how-to guide to serving the defendant—You have to serve BoltBus a copy of the court forms, but the process is specific to your local small claims court. Our app will present you with detailed instructions on serving BoltBus in accordance with local legislation
- A script for your court appearance—We will create a script that will cover all aspects of your court appearance. It will include everything you need to say, a list of evidence to present, and instructions on what to do if BoltBus doesn't show up in court
Discover How To Save Time and Money With DoNotPay
Apart from getting your refunds, we can also cancel any service for you.
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card can sign you up for any free trial in a risk-free way. Try out Pandora, Twitch Prime, Shutterstock, or Apple TV, and don't worry about being charged when the trial ends.
Access DoNotPay from your web browser and find out how we can take over tasks like:
- Cutting the phone queue when calling customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Preventing spam text messages
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Scheduling appointments with the DMV
- Handling credit card intricacies
- Retracting subscriptions or memberships
- Appealing parking tickets
- Dealing with high bills
- Keeping yourself secure from stalking and harassment
- Ensuring other refunds and chargebacks
- Getting rid of spam in your inbox for good
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Procuring refunds and compensation for flight issues
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Filing a lawsuit against anyone in small claims court
- Starting free trials with no risk