How to Apply for a Greyhound Refund Fast and Easy
Founded in 1914, Greyhound is currently one of the world’s biggest providers of intercity bus transportation. Owned by FirstGroup plc, Greyhound is the leading transport operator in the United Kingdom and North America. While Greyhound is known for regularly scheduled passenger service, there are many customers who are left unsatisfied with it or others who cannot make the scheduled trip and want their money back. DoNotPay can help with that — we offer you a way to request a refund and get your money back without breaking a sweat.
How to Request a Greyhound Refund With DoNotPay
If you want to avoid arguing with customer services and file a request for a Greyhound Refund, you can do it from the comfort of your home. The process is simple and will take less than two minutes of your time. We offer you the easiest way to get your money back — all you have to do is:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Click on File a Chargeback
- Put in your personal information
- Provide bank information
- Have DoNotPay send an email for you
When you are finished, DoNotPay will handle the rest on your behalf. Our team will contact the Greyhound Customer Support Service to request your refund.
Can I Get a Greyhound Refund on My Own?
Yes, you can apply for a refund on your own. Bear in mind that it could take a very long time to receive it, but if you want, you can ask for it:
- Via a letter
How to Request a Greyhound Refund Online
Although requesting a refund online is the preferred method, it can be a time-consuming experience since it may take a while before you hear back from the company. To apply for a refund online, you need to:
- Open Greyhound in your web browser
- Click on Help and Info
- Click on Ticket Refunds and Exchanges
- Choose Refunds
- Click Request a Refund
- Provide confirmation number
- Put in your email
- Click on Submit
How to Request a Greyhound Refund In-Person
To request a Greyhound bus ticket refund in-person, you need to go to your nearest bus station and do the following:
- Provide your photo ID
- Have the reference number from the confirmation email with you
- Provide the reference number to the clerk
- Wait for the clerk to print out the tickets
- Provide two signatures to complete the application
Going to the bus station for something you can take care of on your phone is a waste of time and energy. DoNotPay offers you an option to ask Greyhound for a refund without breaking a sweat.
Applying for a Greyhound Refund by Mail
Choosing to request a refund by mail could slow things down and make the process much longer than it should be. If you are interested in a Greyhound refund and want to request it by mail, you need to:
- Provide your original ticket
- Write a request for the refund
- Provide your full name and address
- Pack everything together
- Send the package to Greyhound Lines, Inc.P.O. Box 660691, MS 470 Dallas, TX 75266-0691
If you need any additional information, you can call 001 214-849-8100. If you do not want to wait on hold when reaching out for customer service, DoNotPay can do that for you. Open it in your , and you will get in touch with any customer service in no time.
Can You Request a Greyhound Refund Via
What Is Greyhound Refund Policy?
To apply for a refund, you first need to check if you are eligible. Greyhound has two types of tickets, and your eligibility for a refund depends on the ticket you purchased:
- Flexible tickets are refundable
- Other fares are non-refundable
If you buy a flexible ticket, you are allowed to ask for a refund or exchange that ticket. Buying any other fare type will not give you the option to apply for a refund.
How Does Greyhound Refund Your Ticket?
If you bought the flexible ticket, you could get a refund if you:
- Have not used your ticket
- Have used only one half of a round-trip ticket (if the return part of the ticket is completely unused, you’ll get the remaining half of the ticket refunded)
- Asked for a refund before the travel date of your original ticket
Note that you cannot receive a refund if:
- You have already used both halves of the round-trip ticket
- You lost your ticket
- The bus was late
- You already bought a full-price ticket
You’re entitled to buy a discounted ticket, but you need to ask for the discount before you make the purchase. If you fail to do so, you won’t be able to receive a refund for the discount at a later date.
Can I Get a Greyhound Refund for a Canceled Bus?
Yes, you can. If your bus ride is canceled, you can bring your original ticket to the bus station, and they will either reschedule your trip or grant you a refund. To save yourself the trip to the station, you can also contact the merchant via DoNotPay and ask for your money back.
How Long Does Greyhound Refund Take?
The refund time can vary, and it can take from four to six weeks. It can take even longer than that, so do not be surprised if you have not received your refund by that time.
Can I Request a Greyhound Refund for a Late Bus?
No, you cannot. Greyhound will not approve a request for the ticket refund if the bus is late. Traffic, different weather conditions, and unforeseen mechanical problems with their busses can influence their arrival and departure times. This is why the company offers you a way to check the status and location of your bus.
How Does Greyhound Refund Your Ticket?
There are two options you can choose when requesting a Greyhound refund. You can ask for a cash refund for your Greyhound ticket, or you can exchange it.
How to Exchange My Ticket
If you are looking to exchange your ticket for another one, you will not be charged anything if you have a flexible ticket. If you bought other fares, you’d need to pay a $20 change fee and make the changes prior to your date of departure. Things you can do when exchanging a ticket are that:
- You can change the date and time of the departure
- You can change the To/From location of your original ticket
- It is mandatory to use the ticket within a year of the date you bought it
- The exchange needs to be done before the travel date of the original ticket
What Else the DoNotPay App Offers
If you go to our , you can see that DoNotPay offers a variety of services. Within a few minutes, we can help you solve a bunch of problems. You can check us out if you need help with:
- Dealing with any credit card problems
- Getting in touch with any customer service without waiting in the phone queue
- Contesting parking tickets
- Coping with bills you are not able to pay
- Managing or canceling any subscriptions
- Dealing with speeding tickets
- Protecting you from any type of harassment or stalking
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Setting up an appointment with the DMV
- Acquiring refunds for canceled or delayed flights
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Contesting traffic tickets