How to Cancel Shopify in a Matter of Minutes
Shopify is one of the most popular online store platforms that enables anyone to sell their products. The platform has more than 1.2 million active users.
Cancel Shopify on Your Own
You can cancel your Shopify store by yourself through the website.
Can You Cancel With
How to Cancel Shopify Through the Website
If you want to cancel your Shopify store through their website, follow these steps:
- Sign in as an owner
- Click “Settings” from your Shopify admin
- Select “Plan and Permissions” or “Account”
- Click “Close Store”
- Enter your password
- Select the reason why you want to cancel in the drop-down menu
- Click “Close Store”
Cancel Shopify With DoNotPay—The Easy Way
DoNotPay offers a more convenient way of canceling your Shopify store. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Click on “Find Hidden Money”
- Type in “Shopify”
Not only will we cancel your membership, but we will also notify you once we do it.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Rid of Multiple Unused Memberships at Once
Rely on DoNotPay when you need to cancel more than one membership that you don’t use, including services such as:
To enable us to analyze all your subscriptions, connect your email or bank account with your DoNotPay account. Once we determine which memberships are unused, you can choose the ones you want us to cancel.
Does the Shopify Free Trial Automatically Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
Shopify offers a free trial period that lasts for 14 days. Since you don’t have to provide them with your credit card info, you won’t be charged once the trial ends.
Can I Expect a Prorated Refund From Shopify?
Shopify doesn’t offer a refund to store owners.
Is It Possible to Pause My Shopify Store Instead of Cancelling?
When it comes to pausing your Shopify membership, you can choose between two options:
- Pause and Build—you can continue working on your store and editing products for $9 a month, but the checkout will be disabled
- Pause—you can pause your store for up to three months for free, but you won’t have access to it at all
Here’s which steps to follow for both options, and how to reopen your store afterward:
How to “Pause and Build” or Just “Pause”
How to Reopen Your Store
What Do Shopify Charges Look Like on My Statement?
Here’s how Shopify charges may appear on your bank statement:
|SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 8887467439 IL||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 888-746-7439 IL||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM|
|SHOPIFY COM C ELK GROVE VIL IL||: SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 8887467439 IL||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 8888746743 IL|
|SHOPIFY-CHARGE COM||SHOPIFY TRANSFER SHOPIFY||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 186-693-8242 TX|
|SHOPIFYCOMC||Payment From Shopify||SHOPIFY-PAYMENTS-CHARGE.COM|
|SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 8887467439 IL||SHOPIFYCO LONDON||BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ACH Shopify TRANSFER Shopify X|
|Shopify TRANSFER Shopify CCD ID: 1800948598||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL||SHOPIFY CHARGE COM|
|Shopify TRANSFER Shopify CCD ID: WFMSTRIPE1||SHOPIFY-CHARGE.COM 888-746-7439 IL 60007 US||Authorization to SHOPIFY-CHARGE COM,ELK GROVE VIL,IL,|
|FROM SHOPIFY||SHOPIFY TRANSFER SHOPIFY X||Shopify DES:TRANSFER ID:Shopify INDN:X CO ID:1800948598 CCD|
|SHOPIFY-CHARGE COM, ELK GROVE VIL, IL||SHOPIFY IN, G.CO/HELPPAY||Shopify DES:TRANSFER ID:Shopify INDN:X CO ID:WFMSTRIPE1 CCD|
|SHOPIFY TRANSFER SHOPIFY CCD ID: WFMSTRIPE1||shopify payments TRANSFER CCD ID: WFMSTRIPE1||Shopify DES:TRANSFER ID:Shopify INDN:X CO ID:XXXXX48598 CCD|
Need Help Suing Shopify? Rely on DoNotPay!
If you think that Shopify has wronged you, you can count on DoNotPay’s help and sue them in small claims court trouble-free.
Once we determine if your case qualifies for small claims court, we will help you compose a demand letter. You should send it to Shopify and wait for up to 90 days for their response.
If the company doesn’t answer or refuses to settle, we will help you collect all the required documentation and complete the forms. Then we will assist you in writing the court statement and provide you with detailed instructions on any potential scenario.
Now you can file the complaint and show up in court by yourself without feeling stressed because you will be prepared.
The Most Used Shopify Alternatives
Are you unhappy with Shopify? Check out some of the most popular alternatives:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for Me?
With DoNotPay by your side, you’ll be able to solve many other issues hassle-free. Once you log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser you can rely on us whenever you need help:
- Contacting customer service reps stress-free
- Getting refunds from any company
- Freeing yourself from spam mail for good
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing firms and people in small claims court
- Arranging a DMV appointment in no time
- Handling problems with credit cards
- Canceling unused subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting parking tickets
- Resolving issues with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment