Can You Get a Returnless Refund From Amazon?
In respect to multiple seller requests, Amazon introduced a Returnless Refund Policy. In short, it states that a seller can “treat” you a broken or very cheap item instead of initiating the return that may be more costly than the item itself. DoNotPay breaks this policy down for you and helps you get a returnless refund from Amazon hassle-free.
Amazon Returnless Refund Policy 101
Usually, Amazon will initiate a returnless refund if:
- The vendor doesn’t respond to the refund request in a timely fashion
- The seller’s returns settings are set to Accept Returnless Refunds for the location in question
If you need to return the item after all, you should do so within 30 days from the original purchase.
The Issues With the Amazon Returnless Refunds Policy
An Amazon returnless refund seems like a neat solution. If the goods you purchased are worth less than the cost of processing the return of the said item, the vendor may give it to you to save on the return expenses.
The problem arises due to one clause in the policy. Namely, if the vendor doesn’t respond to your refund request in due time, the item is auto-refunded to you in full, while also allowing you to keep the goods. This happens to the harm of the seller, so it comes as no surprise that many of them are displeased with the solution.
The issue with the policy is that the conditions are not 100% transparent to the sellers. The returnless refund settings are market-specific, and if the store operates in multiple countries, the seller needs to disable this setting for each of them separately. Should they fail to do so, they could fall short for both the disputed item and the payment.
How Can You Request an Amazon Returnless Refund?
Before finding out if you are eligible for a returnless refund, you will need to initiate a regular refund process. Only then will you be notified if the item is subject to the returnless refund policy.
Can You Request a Refund Via
How To Request an Order Refund Through the Amazon Website
If you would like to request a refund on your own:
- Log in to Amazon
- Navigate to Your Order
- Locate your order
- Hit Problem With Order
- Select Request Refund
- Click Submit
How To Request an Order Refund via a Phone Call
If you prefer real-time communication, you can give Amazon a call at 1-206-922-0880. You can ask for a refund, describe the case, and follow the instructions from their support.
How To Get a Returnless Refund From Amazon With DoNotPay
Getting an Amazon returnless refund is, on occasion, a time-consuming business. DoNotPay is the easiest and quickest path to a successful refund. To initiate the refund process:
- Go to DoNotPay via a web browser
- Locate the Chargeback Instantly section
- Click Get Protected
- Fill in the details regarding the merchant and the payment
After you provide your signature, DoNotPay will draft a dispute letter and attach all of the relevant VISA/MasterCard codes to help you get your refund. You can send the letter yourself or choose to let us do that for you. The latter option is far better because when we contact the merchant, we log it as evidence to build your case in case you decide to take it to small claims court.
How Long Will It Take To Receive the Amazon Returnless Refund?
The Amazon refund time will vary depending on your original payment method and where your refund needs to be issued. For more details, check the table:
|Refund Method||Refund Time|
|Payment card||PayPal balance||
|5–7 business days|
|Amazon gift card||Gift card||
One business day
Payment card & Amazon gift card
|Payment card, gift card balance, or both||
5–7 business days for the payment card and one business day for the gift card
Amazon Returnless Refund Requests Are Just the Tip of the Iceberg With DoNotPay
If Amazon grants you the returnless refund, you’ll get to keep the item you purchased and retrieve your money. What if we told you your Amazon savings don’t have to end there?
With the help of DoNotPay, you’ll get the workaround for any Amazon service you can think of!
You already know that Amazon Prime subscription offers a number of benefits. Savings, free content, and items exclusive to Prime subscribers are some of them. You can register for a free trial on Amazon Prime, and you will be entitled to free express shipping to all of your Amazon orders.
To avoid the trial auto-renewing into a paid subscription, sign up for it with our Free Trial Card. Our system will generate a random credit card number for you to use when registering for the free trial. You can use any address or name along with the virtual card number, so your personal info is safe, too. Once the renewal charge kicks in, Amazon will not be able to charge you.
If you are already an Amazon Prime user, but it doesn’t really cut the mustard for you, we can cancel the said free trial or your Amazon Prime subscription (including the Amazon Prime Video) before the next charge kicks in. In case you need to initiate a refund for your Amazon Prime membership, we can give you a shove in the right direction.
Explore DoNotPay’s Amazon Vault
We can offer you assistance with other Amazon services, too. Check out our Amazon knowledge base:
- Canceling Amazon Prime Pantry
- Requesting a Kindle book refund
- Getting an Amazon canceled order refund
- Dealing with Amazon order cancellation spam emails
- Asking for an Amazon Music refund
- Starting an Amazon Prime student free trial
- Canceling Amazon Digital Services
- Receiving a refund for late delivery from Amazon
- Getting an Amazon lost package refund
- Canceling Audible
- Discontinuing the Amazon Music membership
- Learning how to contact Amazon for a refund
- Signing up for an Amazon Prime Video free trial
How To Know If You’ll Get a Returnless Refund From Amazon
As stated above, the returnless refund option is decided based on seller settings and solely at Amazon’s discretion. Before you initiate a refund, you do not know whether you will be required to return the item you purchased or not.
If the item from your order has a low price or is broken beyond being useful to the seller, you will probably be eligible for a returnless refund.
Be advised that different return policies and deadline limitations may apply for digital products.
How To Check the Status of Your Amazon Returnless Refund Requests?
You can always check your refund status by visiting the Order History page. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Open Your Orders
- Find the order you want to check
- Click on Order Details
- Find the Order Summary section—the status of your refund request will be shown at the very bottom of the section
- Select View Return/Refund Status
Once your refund has been processed, you’ll see the Refund Issued note in this section.
What Can DoNotPay Do for You?
There are days when your list of chores seem impossible to accomplish. Our legal assistance app leverages artificial intelligence to automate various bureaucratic tasks for you. With the help of DoNotPay, you can:
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Request refunds from other companies
- Get on clinical trials
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get rid of spam text messages
- Jump the phone queue when calling customer service reps
- Fight speeding tickets
- Deal with credit card problems
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Understand the intricacies of copyright infringement
- Get revenge on robocallers
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
You can register for and use the DoNotPay service via a web browser.