How Do I Contact Amazon for a Refund?
Amazon is an American e-commerce giant. It offers products and services from consumer electronics and streaming services to grocery delivery. With a vast catalog of products and services, there are a lot of reasons you might need a refund from Amazon. Find out more about the topic and how DoNotPay can help.
What Is Amazon’s Refund Policy?
Amazon offers a possibility of a refund if the item you purchased is sold exclusively by Amazon. If the item you want to get a refund for was sold by other merchants, you need to request a refund from that merchant directly.
You need to return most items before qualifying for a refund, but Amazon states in its policy that there are cases where they will refund the amount without returning the item.
If your order was Pay on Delivery, you will receive the refund either to your bank account via National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) or Amazon account. Bear in mind that Amazon does not refund to third party accounts. The name on your Amazon account should be the same as on the card.
Can I Get an Amazon Price Drop Refund?
No, you can’t. Amazon used to refund the difference if the price of what you had ordered dropped within seven days of buying it.
The policy covered all merchandise you could find on their website with some exceptions depending on the merchant. This policy changed in 2016.
Amazon terminated the possibility of requesting a refund for price drops even within a week of completing your purchase. Now, Amazon does not refund the price difference or offer any kind of price matching.
Can I Use DoNotPay To Get an Amazon Refund?
Yes, you can. Having in mind Amazon’s confusingly presented refund policy, your best option is DoNotPay. You can access it from your to get the most out of its features.
Requesting an Amazon refund with DoNotPay is simple! Just follow the steps below:
- Click on Get Protected under Chargeback category
- Enter your bank’s details
- Enter the details of the payment you are requesting a refund for
- Confirm the merchant
- Verify your personal information
- Choose whether you want to send the demand letter or have DoNotPay do it for you
If you are wondering, this is not where DoNotPay stops. We enhance your chances of actually getting a refund by faxing your refund request to your bank. The app gathers evidence on your behalf that can help you win your case. You will receive a document with all relevant Visa and Mastercard codes that can be important for the dispute.
Can I Request an Amazon Refund By Myself?
Yes, you can. Bear in mind that it is more complicated to request a refund on your own because of the unclear refund policy provided by Amazon. These are the options you have for requesting a refund on Amazon:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How Do I Get a Refund With Amazon Customer Service?
- Choose the general reason for contacting the customer service
- Enter your Order number (if you can’t see your orders already)
- Select the order you want to have refunded
- Choose Returns and Refunds category from the list
- Choose the specific issue you are trying to solve from the drop-down menu
After that, you are left with three options:
- Send them an email
- Contact them via phone
- Send your query via chat
How To Email Amazon About a Refund?
You can email your query directly to Amazon by following the steps above. They usually respond within 12 hours.
How To Request an Amazon Refund Online?
You can request a refund online via your Amazon account. This is how you can do it:
- Sign in to your account
- Go to Your Orders
- Choose the one you want to request a refund for
- Click on Return or Replace Items
- Choose the option that fits your case from Reason for Return
- Choose whether you want to return or replace the item
- Click on Issue a Refund
Bear in mind that Amazon doesn’t clearly state in which situations they deny refunds, so your best option is DoNotPay.
How To Request an Amazon Refund In-Person?
You can request a refund in-person if you completed your purchase in a physical store. This is what you need to do in that case:
- Get the receipt of the purchase
- Go to the store noted on the receipt
- Return the item in its original packaging
How Long Does It Take To Get an Amazon Refund?
Once your refund request is approved, the timeframe for getting the money back will depend on the payment method and the policies of your bank. Check out the details in the table below:
|Three to five business days
Ten business days or less
Prepaid Credit Card
|30 days or less
|SNAP EBT Card
Within 24 hours
|Ten business days or less
Five business days or less
Amazon Gift Card
|Two to three hours
|Gift Card Balance
Two to three hours
Can I Check The Status Of My Refund Request?
If you have an Amazon account, you can check your refund status there. These are the steps you need to take:
- Log into your Amazon account
- Click on Your Orders
- Select Order details
All details of your orders will be displayed there as well as your refund status.
What Issues Might I Encounter While Requesting an Amazon Refund?
Most users have issues getting a refund due to Amazon’s opaque presentation of their policies and updates.
Amazon is not obliged to refund anything sold by other merchants even if they use the platform. DoNotPay can really come in handy, as it can simplify the process significantly.
Most reported issues come from requesting a refund for Amazon subscription services. Users subscribe for a free trial and get charged after it automatically renews because most people forget to cancel it. DoNotPay can help you with that too. Check out our How to cancel Amazon digital services article for more info.
You can use DoNotPay’s virtual credit card to avoid subscription charges. Your data is completely safe because it is not stored on our Free Trial Card. It is a virtual card that doesn’t contain your information and is not linked to an actual funding source.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
DoNotPay can help you protect your customer rights, avoid wasting money, and more. You can use it in your . DoNotPay is excellent at:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting you a refund easily
- Dealing with bills you can't pay
- Protecting you from stalking and harassment
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Solving credit card issues without any hassle
- Getting robocalls compensations fuss-free
- Saving you money on useless subscriptions
- Dealing with speeding tickets
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment within minutes
- Getting a refund for any delayed or canceled flight
- Avoiding phone queues when reaching customer service reps