Ship Your Amazon Late Delivery Refund Back to Your Wallet
Amazon, one of the Big Four tech companies, together with Google, Apple, and Facebook, is an American e-commerce giant offering over 350 million products to its customers from every corner of the world. It is an ever-expanding marketplace catering to the customers’ diverse needs.
The scope of Amazon services is outstanding, but this article covers the sticky issue of late delivery and how DoNotPay can be of use in case it happens to you.
The Amazon Late Delivery Refund Policy
Amazon states that your shipping fees may be refunded in the case of late delivery if the guaranteed delivery of items is indicated on the checkout page.
You should also know that Amazon will meet their delivery guarantee if:
- They have attempted to deliver items on or before the guaranteed delivery date
- The carrier proposes a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date
Note that even though Amazon will give you a refund in certain situations, they will not volunteer to do it. You will have to ask for it yourself or have DoNotPay do it on your behalf.
Can DoNotPay Help Me Get My Amazon Late Delivery Refund?
Abso-DoNotPay-lutely! Given Amazon’s not-so-user-friendly refund policy, it is of no surprise that you may get dissuaded from even considering getting one. We are your best bet to get an Amazon late shipping refund in no time.
All you need to do is open an account on DoNotPay website, either in your web browser, and follow these steps:
- Go for Get Protected under Chargeback Instantly category
- When cued, enter your bank details
- Provide the details of the payment you are requesting a refund for
- Enter Amazon as your merchant
- Verify with your signature
- Choose whether you want to send the request letter or have DoNotPay do it for you
Remember, DoNotPay aims to give you what is rightfully yours no matter what. To maximize your chances of getting your refund, we will fax your request to your financial institution. On top of that, we will issue you a document with all the VISA and Mastercard codes to substantiate your claim to a refund. If you’d like us to contact Amazon directly and make a request, just say so, and we’ll get down to work.
Can I Get an Amazon Refund on Late Delivery on My Own?
You can. Keep in mind that Amazon does not do much to promote its late delivery refund policy. That is why you may have had trouble finding information about it on their website if you tried. Should you decide to request a late delivery refund, you can deal with Amazon on your own, or you can let DoNotPay handle the matter for you.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
|Yes (live chat)|
To inquire about a refund on the shipping fees, you should visit the Contact Us page, and:
- Click An Order I Placed
- Select your order, then Problem with an order
- Select Shipping or delivery issues
- Click Shipment is late
You will get to choose whether to contact Amazon via phone, email, or live chat. Once you get in touch with a company representative, you should explain your problem. The representative will:
- Look into your claim
- Confirm that the package hasn’t arrived yet
- Offer you a solution
Note that if delays start to pile up, the company may not be willing to give any compensation.
What Compensation Can You Expect From Amazon?
Whether you will get compensation depends on a particular situation and whether there is a general shipment delay or not. If you browse the internet in search of answers, you will see that customer experience significantly varies.
Some of the most common compensations offered by Amazon are:
- An extra month of Prime membership for free
- A full refund of the purchase and shipping fee
- $40 credit after repeated late deliveries
- 10-dollar Amazon credit
- 5-dollar Amazon credit
What Are Amazon Shipping Preferences?
Amazon’s customers can have orders with multiple delivery dates shipped in the fewest possible packages, or have the orders delivered as soon as each item becomes available.
Prime Amazon Members
Amazon Prime membership has a lot of perks, one of them being free shipping.
Prime members can choose the free-delivery option in the fewest possible packages in case the Prime eligible items are in stock. This option may take longer to deliver, depending on product availability.
Should Prime members choose their purchases to be shipped as each Prime-eligible item becomes available, the chosen shipment will be free of charge. This option is better if you want to get each purchased product as soon as it is available.
Non-Prime members can also choose the option of delivery in the fewest possible packages, but there will be one charge for the entire order.
Should non-Primers choose to get their purchases faster, they can select the option of shipping items as soon as they become available at additional cost.
How Do I Qualify for a Guaranteed Delivery Refund?
For you to qualify for a guaranteed delivery refund, the following requirements have to be met:
- The shipping method selected was advertised on a product detail page
- Eligible address
- Order is placed before “order within” countdown listed on the checkout page
- If you made an order containing eligible items for guaranteed delivery
- Credit or debit card is successfully charged before the deadline indicated on the checkout page
- No unforeseen circumstance outside of Amazon’s control, such as a strike, severe winter storm, or natural disaster prevented the on-time delivery
When Am I Eligible for an Amazon Late Delivery Refund?
Amazon may not offer you compensation under the following circumstances:
- The address is wrong
- The ordered items are not eligible for a guaranteed delivery
- Unsuccessful credit or debit card charge
- Circumstances that Amazon could not have foreseen
For more information about shipping fees and refunds, you can check the Amazon Help page.
DoNotPay Can Help you Get a Refund for Various Services
Don’t you just hate it when you buy a product or service and realize it’s not to your liking? Your money doesn’t need to be wasted like that. With the help of DoNotPay, you can request a refund from any company, even the ones that officially offer no refunds, in just a couple of minutes. All you need to do is provide our chatbot with the necessary information, and we will fax a refund request to your bank. We can also contact the service provider for you and ask them to refund your payment. We can help you request a refund from:
- Steam service, including any game on Steam, as well as a gift on Steam
- Green Man Gaming
- Best Buy
- Amazon, when you cancel your order
DoNotPay Protects Your Privacy and Finances
Sharing your credit card details online comes with certain risks, and it’s getting more difficult to tell good and bad websites apart. With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator, you will be able to protect your identity and bank account from cyber scammers.
Whenever you run into a suspicious email or website, generate a virtual credit card and proceed without worries. Our virtual cards also work like a charm if you want to avoid automatic payments after free trials.
With DoNotPay You Will Never Go Astray
As an Amazon member, you might want to explore other relevant topics and solutions to everyday problems you encounter. Should you wish to learn how to get a refund on canceled Amazon orders, Amazon Prime, or Amazon without return and demand what you are entitled to, DoNotPay is your go-to. But we offer so much more than that!
Should you decide you do not want to get charged for subscriptions after free trials expire, we offer you a no-charge virtual credit card.
Any problem you might have, just snap your fingers and DoNotPay will do its magic to make it go away.
Just create your DoNotPay profile on our website in any web browser, and explore what we can help you with:
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Shielding yourself from stalking and harassment
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Helping you sue companies and individuals in small claims court
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation for robocalls
- Resolving issues with credit cards
- Fixing a DMV appointment efficiently
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Getting reimbursement for delayed or canceled flights