How to Deal With Amazon Order Cancelation Email Spam Quickly and Effectively
Amazon is a huge name in the e-commerce industry. Like any other company, scammers can use Amazon to get through to buyers and sellers and trick them into giving away their personal data. One of the ways in which senders of spam email misuse Amazon is by sending buyers messages about their orders being canceled.
If you’re having trouble with such fraudulent emails, read on to see how best to fight Amazon order cancelation email spam.
What Is Amazon Cancel Order Email Spam?
As a user of Amazon, you can get an email confirming you have canceled an order successfully. You can also be notified if you need to change or update your Amazon account or payment details. At first glance, these messages seem legitimate—yet, they don’t have to be!
Cybercriminals started spoofing emails, pasting companies’ logos, and even going so far as to mask their email addresses so that they seem valid, e.g., @amazon.com.
Once you click on the order number in a fraudulent email, two things can happen:
- You are redirected to a phishing website that requires your information, e.g., your login details
- A malware starts downloading on your computer, and all your data is compromised
Always be careful with emails requiring you to click on links or open files! If you got an order cancelation email, go to your Amazon account from the website itself and check if the order information matches the one in the email.
Report Amazon Order Cancelation Spam Email With DoNotPay
Jumping straight into the solution to the problem, you can report Amazon order cancelation spam email with DoNotPay—it only takes a moment. Access DoNotPay in any web browser, and follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the Spam Collector section
- Click on Get Protected
- Enter your email to connect it to DoNotPay
- Forward the spam email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As you see, stopping spam emails has never been easier than with the help of DoNotPay. Besides being quick, the process has a couple of other benefits:
- You are removed from the sender’s emailing list immediately
- If there is a class action against the spammer, you are notified
Regarding the class action lawsuit, the great thing is that you can sign up for it yourself once DoNotPay tells you about it. You then get a chance to be compensated for your troubles or any harm you’ve suffered.
How to Deal With Amazon Junk Mail Manually
Whether you are a recipient of an order cancelation or any other type of Amazon spam, you have a couple of options to fight the junk mail manually:
- Call an authority organization that deals with identity theft
- Report phishing to Amazon directly
How to Report Spam to the Authorities
When it comes to notifying the authorities about receiving dangerous spam mail, you have countless options. In the table, we will point out two.
|+1 (877) 382-4357|
|Identity Theft Resource Center||
+1 (888) 400-5530
How to Report Spam to Amazon
If you decide to let Amazon know about a phishing email you received, you can either attach the spam email and send it to Amazon or forward it to them.
If you opt for the first choice, take the following steps:
- Click on the option to write a new email
- Select the spam email and drag it into the new one
- Send the email to email@example.com
Alternatively, you may:
- Open the fraudulent message
- Find the forward option
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon prefers the phishing emails to be sent as an attachment rather than forwarded to them because it claims it’s easier to track the source down.
Note that Amazon states it will never ask for personal information from you through an email, a phone call, or a text message. It is a crucial piece of information to have in order to prevent falling into scammers’ traps.
Can I Report a Spam Email Via
Having Issues With Amazon Subscription Services?
As an Amazon user, we’re sure you have tried out at least some of the company’s many subscription services. If you found they weren’t to your liking, though, canceling any membership is as easy as it can be with DoNotPay.
Concerning Amazon specifically, you have an option to cancel:
DoNotPay Let’s You Report Spam Sent by Postal Mail Too
Besides taking revenge on spam email, DoNotPay can help you get rid of physical junk mail. We live in a world where marketing—any form of marketing—is huge! It means that you’re not only plagued by electronic spam, but are also likely to get a bunch of junk mail at your home address.
Many of the packages you receive do not only have the purpose of selling or promoting a product—some of them come with malicious content. That’s right. Cybercriminals are well known to use snail mail to target their victims.
Worry not, though! We said we have a solution for you—and we do! Our feature, DoNotMail, is made solely to eliminate physical junk mail—and it requires minimum effort from you!
Here is what you need to do to stop postal spam with the help of DoNotPay:
- Log onto DoNotPay
- Select the DoNotMail option
- Click on the Enroll Now button
- Upload the image of the spam you received
Your work is now done! Similarly to reporting electronic spam, DoNotPay unsubscribes you from the snail mail sender’s list right away.
You also have an option to get compensation. Check your DoNotPay dashboard to see any notifications for a class action against the sender. If there is one, you can become a class member and get hundreds of dollars from the settlement!
Other advantages of using DoNotMail include the protection of the environment and a chance to declutter your physical space—which is never a small thing when it comes to one’s peace of mind.
DoNotPay Is Here for So Much More
With DoNotPay, you can learn how to report spam emails, unsubscribe from emails, and stop receiving emails in general — but that’s not where it ends. Access DoNotPay from any web browser and learn as early as today how you can use our services to your benefit.
To help you go through life more easily, we can:
- Guide you through a small claims court dispute
- Request compensation for canceled and delayed flights
- Set up a DMV appointment quickly
- Wait out phone queues for you when calling customer service reps
- Get robocall compensation
- Dispute speeding tickets
- Show you how to stop stalking and harassment
- Appeal parking tickets
- Deal with bills you can’t pay right away
- Terminate automated subscriptions and memberships
- Help with credit card problems
- Contest traffic tickets
- Request refunds from any company
- Stop spam mail once and for all