Do You Need To Visit a Notary in Memphis To Get Your Documents Notarized?
To simplify the whole process, you can use DoNotPay’s online notarization and avoid visiting a notary in Memphis.
What Is a Notary in Memphis?
Notaries public are authorized by the state of Tennessee to:
- Administer oaths
- Take depositions, affidavits, and acknowledgments
- Acknowledge signatures by:
- Using personal knowledge
- Checking your ID document
- Confirm the authenticity of signatures on wills, affidavits, trusts, real estate deeds, powers of attorney, car titles, and other legal documents
How To Get Your Documents Notarized With a Notary Public in Memphis, TN
To get your contracts or other documents notarized in Memphis, you will need to take the following steps:
|Look for a notary public||You can find a notary in Memphis online or in nearby public places|
|Schedule a meeting||Once you find a notary in Memphis, you should get in touch with him or her to set up an appointment|
Collect your documents
|If you are not sure what documents you need to gather, ask the notary. Be careful to bring all required documents to the notary’s office|
|Provide your ID document||Notaries public have to check your identity to notarize your documents. They can do that if they:
|Pay required notary fees||To avoid surprises, you should inquire about all the fees you will have to settle during the notarization process|
|Acknowledge that you understand the document||A notary public will check whether you are:
|Sign the document||You should not sign the document in advance as a notary public in Memphis needs to witness the process|
|Wait for the certificate||A notary will complete everything by writing a statement and marking the certificate with his or her signature and stamp|
How Much Does a Notary in Memphis, TN, Charge?
While some U.S. states set notary fees, the state of Tennessee does not do that. It means every notary in Memphis can establish his or her fees.
Once you locate a notary suitable for your needs, you should ask about their fees to avoid any possible conflict. If you fail to settle the required fees:
- A notary will not notarize your document
- You will have to schedule another appointment
Pick a Suitable Notary in Memphis
You can choose the most suitable notary type. Here are some available notaries public you can select:
- Traditional notaries—You have to find and go to a notary’s office upon scheduling an appointment
- Mobile notaries—They can get your documents notarized at your home, office, or any other convenient place for an additional travel fee
- Notary signing agents—You can opt for these notaries if you need to get your loan documents notarized
- Online notary—These notaries perform remote online notarization via a live audio-video call
How Does a Remote Online Notary Public in Memphis, TN, Work?
Remote online notarization (RON) is the same as the traditional one except that it is:
- Safer, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, as you meet the notary via a video call
- More practical as it saves lots of your time and energy
One of the greatest benefits of RON is that both you and the notary public can stay where you feel comfortable and safe, i.e., you do not have to travel. to complete your notarization in a matter of minutes!
DoNotPay Is Your Reliable Notary Service Provider
DoNotPay can connect you with an online notary in a minute. You do not need to invest:
- Your time looking for a notary public and visiting his or her office—We keep a record of online notaries and will connect you with one super fast
- Extra money for a mobile notary—You will not have to travel anywhere since everything is done online
To get your documents notarized in a few clicks, and:
- Pick our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the document you want to have notarized
- Enter your email address
We will send you an email containing a link that will grant access to a notary’s appointment schedule so you can set up a meeting. With our remote online notary services, you will get your documents notarized effortlessly.
If you need assistance in completing the documents before getting them notarized, you can use our Standardized Legal Documents feature that is integrated with the Notarize Any Document one.
Prepare Your Documents With DoNotPay
Before meeting with a notary, you need to complete and collect all required documents. If you do not know how to create a contract or any other document by yourself, you can:
- Turn to an attorney, accountant, or another expert, which can be costly
- Use DoNotPay’s budget-friendly and efficient feature
How can you do the latter? Easily—when logged in to your DoNotPay’s account, do the following:
- Choose the Standardized Legal Documents feature
- Type in the name of the document you need
- Provide the necessary details to the chatbot (e.g., names, addresses, and additional relevant information)
DoNotPay will create a document customized to fit your needs.
Some documents our app can help you with include:
- Promissory Notes
- Bills of Sale
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Estoppel Certificates
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Operating Rules Documents
- Business Contracts
DoNotPay Is Your Shortcut Through Bureaucracy
We take over all the hard work! Forget about waiting in a phone queue for hours in hopes of reaching a customer service rep. Our AI-powered app will call any company for you and ping you when a human appears on the other end of the line.
Keep the Communication Lines Clear With DoNotPay
Do you know how powerful DoNotPay's virtual credit card is?
This super-smart feature can not only sign you up for no-risk free trials but can provide you with an alternative email address. You can test any service without giving out your real email, which will keep your inbox clean from spam!
If you have family or friends within the U.S. prison system, our app helps you get in touch with them quickly.
In case you need to fax a document, there is no need to search for the instruction manual on how to operate a fax machine. DoNotPay makes it simple to send online faxes anywhere!