Essential Info About Financial Aid at Fairfield University
Fairfield University consists of five schools and colleges, and the tuition is sky-high—$49,830. If you need a financial boost to cover these expenses, you can apply for financial aid at Fairfield University.
will provide you with an extensive guide on the financial aid application process at Fairfield. We’ll also help you file an appeal if the school’s offer is unsatisfactory.
Fairfield University’s Office of Financial Aid is at your disposal for any questions you might have regarding financial assistance. Here is the contact information you will find useful:
- Phone—(203) 254-4125
- Fax—(203) 254-4008
- Address—Fairfield University Office of Financial Aid, Aloysius P. Kelley, S.J. Center, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
Fairfield University financial aid office staff is available from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
To be considered for financial aid at Fairfield University, you will have to complete these steps:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—This form is used to help determine your financial aid eligibility. To complete it, you need to create an account on the U.S. Department of Education website and obtain a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. Fairfield FAFSA school code is 001385
- Complete the CSS Profile—This profile will offer a more in-depth insight into your financial status. To submit the CSS Profile, you must create a user ID and password (if one was not created during your SAT application process). The Fairfield school code is 3390
It is necessary to complete a FAFSA form each academic year to see how much financial aid you will get.
Once you decide to apply for financial aid at Fairfield, you must respect the application deadlines set by the school. Take a look at the table below for more information:
|Type of Decision/Student||FAFSA and CSS Application Deadline|
|Early action||December 1|
|Early decision I||December 1|
|Early decision II||January 15|
|Regular decision||January 15|
|Returning students (undergraduate)||April 15|
Fairfield University allows its students to apply for multiple financial aid types if they have the right qualifications. How many years you can keep receiving financial aid will depend on the type of aid you get. You can apply for:
- Federal Work-Study
If you have extensive financial difficulties, you can combine more types.
Grants are a practical option since they do not require repayment. If you meet the necessary criteria, you may apply for federal, state, and institutional grants. Some of them are:
- Fairfield University Need-Based Grants
- Athletic Grant-in-Aid
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
Scholarships are another type of “gift aid” since they don’t need to be repaid. Fairfield University lets you apply for:
- Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship
- The Maguire College Scholars Program
- Expanded Tuition Programs For Graduates Of Bridgeport High Schools
Unlike grants and scholarships, loans need to be repaid (with interest). You can apply for the following loans:
- Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- Direct PLUS Loans
- Alternative Student Loan
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program funded by both the federal government and Fairfield University. This program offers part-time employment to full-time undergraduate students with significant financial needs as determined by the FAFSA. You can find jobs both on- and off-campus, depending on your preference.
If your financial aid application got rejected or you received a poor offer, you can file an appeal! The good news is that you don’t have to deal with this tiring and time-consuming process on your own—DoNotPay is here to help!
Our app will write the appeal letter for you after you answer a few questions. Complete these steps:
- Find our Appeal for More Financial Aid product
- Provide info about financial aid offers from other schools (if you applied to multiple colleges)
- Inform us about your family’s income and financial status
We will generate the letter according to the data you provided and send it to the college of your choice quickly. Our app can help you ask for a more satisfactory financial aid offer, whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student!
Fairfield University should not be your only option—other schools around the country may have better financial aid offers for you. Don’t waste your time, and check out some of DoNotPay’s financial aid guides for other universities:
DoNotPay offers a unique service when it comes to filing for divorce or drafting a divorce settlement agreement, but we don’t stop there! Our app can also help you draft, fax, and get other legal documents notarized in a flash! From powers of attorney to child travel consent forms—we assist you every step of the way!
If you like to shop and you often make purchases, you know that companies can cause all kinds of issues along the way. DoNotPay has a trick up its sleeve that helps you deal with any issue a company causes like a pro!
Wasting hours waiting for a customer support rep to pick up becomes a thing of the past once we get involved. We’ll show you how to request a refund, cancel a subscription, apply for free trials, use a virtual credit card, and claim a warranty easy-peasy!
If your package is damaged or missing, we’ll show you how to track it and file a missing package claim.