Is the Burner Phone App Free?
People spend around 140 minutes on social media every day. We spend such a large chunk of our lives online that we may have forgotten to put our privacy first. More and more people worry about their personal information leaking online. This is why they turn to burner phones and fake phone number apps to try to keep their information safe.
One of these apps is Burner. We’ll go over the app’s pros and cons and suggest other ways you can protect your privacy.
Our Burner Phone App Review
Burner provides its users with temporary phone numbers. These numbers can be used for calls, texts, and phone verification for various services.
Unlike the physical burner phone you purchase using cash without a contractual obligation, the Burner app offers a paid subscription.
Here are some of the pros and cons of using Burner:
Can You Get the Burner Phone App for Free?
Burner offers a seven-day free trial. You can download the app to your iPhone or Android for free and use the Sample Burner until it expires. Other options include prepaid burners and paid subscriptions.
Check out some of Burner’s options and their prices:
|Three-line monthly subscription||$14.99||
|Three-line yearly subscription||$139.99||
|Unlimited Burner||Eight credits||
Prepaid burners must be bought through in-app purchases using credits:
- 8 credits—$4.99
- 10 credits—$5.99
- 15 credits—$7.99
- 25 credits—$11.99
Use DoNotPay and Bypass Any Phone Number Verification
Buying an actual burner phone as an additional device is unnecessary when all you want is to sign up for a service. Downloading Burner or similar apps still forces you to reveal your main number. Both options can be too expensive, especially if you only need a one-time phone number.
Luckily, all else pales in comparison to DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is the way to go if you want to:
- Escape bothersome robocalls
- Block spam text messages
- Stay protected from phone number leaks
- Bypass phone verification for numerous apps, services, or subscriptions
- Safeguard against harassment and stalking on social media and dating websites
You can use our temporary phone number to bypass phone authentications. It gets deactivated ten minutes after we provide you with the verification code.
Our subscription lets you get multiple fake phone numbers, and you don’t need to give us your phone number. As a bonus, you can also reap the benefits of other nifty features DoNotPay has to offer, such as the virtual credit card generator.
How DoNotPay’s Burner Feature Works
DoNotPay is straightforward and user-friendly. Take the following steps to create a fake phone number:
- Visit DoNotPay in a web browser
- Select the Burner Phone feature
- Enter the name of the company or service that’s requesting your phone number
- Click on Create a Temporary Number
- Tap on View My Text Message once you see the phone number
You Don’t Want To Reveal Your Credit Card Information? Use DoNotPay!
Another feature you can enjoy by using DoNotPay is our free virtual credit card. You can use our free card to avoid revealing your credit card info to any service or subscription that offers a free trial.
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card is a series of numbers randomly generated to look like a set of real credit card numbers. When you use our virtual credit card with no deposit, companies are unable to track you down or charge you. Once they realize they can’t charge you, they’ll cancel the subscription or service themselves.
This way, you will never have to worry about unknown charges or revealing your credit card numbers again. You can finally enjoy free trials free of charge!
Don’t Let Burner Burn a Hole in Your Pocket
If you’ve already signed up for one of Burner’s subscriptions and you wish to cancel it, we’ve got your back!
Since Burner automatically renews, you could forget you have it and still get charged regularly. Numerous users have complained about not being able to cancel and reaching out to its customer services to no avail.
Not to worry—DoNotPay can help you cancel Burner in a few clicks:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select Find Hidden Money
- Enter Burner as the service you wish to cancel
- Tap Submit
Why Do Companies Ask for Phone Verification?
We are all aware of how much of our personal information is at the fingertips of many corporations. We keep seeing ads for services we like and the items we talked about, and it doesn’t stop there. Many companies require providing a phone number when you register or soon after creating an account.
Check out the reasons that companies use to justify asking for your phone number:
- Helping you recover a compromised account
- Putting a stop to hacking and suspicious activities
- Proving you have a phone number shows the company you are not a robot
- Setting up phone number authentication helps you reset your passwords with ease
- Adding a phone number makes it hard for you to have multiple accounts on one service
Don’t Burn Yourself Out With Admin Tasks—Count on DoNotPay for Help
DoNotPay is adept at dealing with numerous legal, financial, and administrative issues. With our assistance, you’ll be able to report harassing phone calls, stop your ex from stalking you, make money off robocalls, and block spam email on Android, among other things.
Access DoNotPay in your web browser, and we’ll help you:
- Make a DMV appointment quickly
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Handle your credit card issues
- Demand a refund from any company
- Put a stop to spam text messages
- Get revenge on annoying robocallers
- Manage bills you are unable to pay
- Find and apply for clinical trials near you
- Request a refund or compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Take people or companies to small claims court
- Fight your traffic tickets
- Skip the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Overturn your parking tickets
- Get in touch with your loved ones in jail
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Contest your speeding tickets
- Start free trials without any risks
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name
- Free yourself from spam emails forever
- Cancel your subscriptions or memberships