Spam Texts From Email Addresses Waking You Up at Night? Fight Them With DoNotPay!
When fighting spam, you should be aware of the fact that technology development benefits both parties. While we have more tools to protect ourselves from annoying unsolicited emails, robocalls, and spam text messages, scammers behind them keep finding new methods to reach your phones and computers.
Spam texts are all the rage now. The senders count on the fact that we’re more focused on protecting our email inboxes or preventing robocalls than on the received text messages.
The issue gets more complicated when they use email addresses and not actual phone numbers to send texts. Scammers reach for this method to avoid cell carrier charges for outgoing messages.
Are Spam Texts More Dangerous Than Other Spam?
All spam can be dangerous, but the spam texts take the danger up a notch. There are three main reasons why they come with bigger risks for the recipient:
- Most people tend to focus on installing antivirus or anti-malware software on their computers and not mobile devices
- Text messages create a bigger sense of urgency than emails
- Verifying links that come in spam texts is more challenging than in a web browser on the computer
How To Block Spam Texts From Email Addresses
Blocking individual messages or phone numbers is a straightforward process, but what to do when the sender is not a number but an email address? Unfortunately, there is no clear and 100% successful method for dealing with this problem.
Depending on the device you’re using and your cell phone carrier, you can try a few tools to fight this modern-day pest:
- Use the built-in features of your Android to block spam texts
- Stop spam texts on iPhones using the device settings
- Get a third-party blocker app
- Explore the solutions developed by your cell carrier
- Use DoNotPay to turn the tables on malicious scammers
How To Block Spam Text Messages on Android From an Email Address
If you use Google’s messaging app, you have more luck than some other Android users because Google developed a spam filter that should automatically eliminate spam texts. Here’s how to enable it:
- Open the Messages app
- Hit the three dots in the upper right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Choose the SIM card if applicable
- Select Spam protection
- Tap on the slider next to Enable spam protection so it becomes blue
You can repeat the same process for another SIM card if you have two.
Blocking Individual Senders on Android Devices
In case you don’t use Google’s messaging app or the spam filter doesn’t work as promised, you can try blocking individual contacts. This method works on Samsung phones with the latest Android version, and with minor differences, should apply to other Android-powered smartphones:
- Open the default messaging app
- Tap the message of the sender you want to block
- Hit the three vertical dots in the upper right corner
- Select Block contact
- Hit Delete conversation in the pop-up message and confirm by selecting Block
How To Stop Spam Text Messages From Email Addresses on iPhone
iOS users have a similar feature that acts as a spam filter. To enable it, follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Messages
- Scroll down and turn on the Filter Unknown Senders option
This method will create a separate Unknown Senders tab in your default messaging app. If the sender is not in your address book, their messages will end up there and won’t trigger a notification.
Be careful not to lose important messages from unsaved numbers (for example, when you order food delivery).
Blocking Individual Texts on iPhones
This option can be useful if the built-in spam filter fails or you need to block messages from senders who are in your address book. If you have iOS 13 or 14 installed, the process involves these steps:
- Open the Messages app and tap the message you want to get rid of
- Touch the contact icon at the top of the page
- Select info
- Tap the arrow on the right side (iOS 13) or info again (iOS 14)
- Select Block this Caller from the list of options
The owners of iPhones with older iOS versions can encounter minor differences, but the general method is the same.
Stop Spam Text Messages From Email Addresses With Third-Party Apps
The onslaught of annoying and dangerous spam messages prompted app developers around the world to focus on finding new solutions to this issue. Some of the most popular are presented in the table below:
$4.49 per month or $29.99 per year
In-app purchases ranging from $0.99 to $30 per item
$0.99 for one month
$3.99 for six months
$5.99 for one year
How To Block Spam Texts From Email Addresses With Your Carrier’s Help
As the awareness about the spam issue grows, major cell phone carriers try to keep up and provide solutions for unsolicited text messages, including those coming from email addresses, but they leave a lot to be desired. Check out what services are available in the table below:
How To Stop Spam Texts From Email Addresses With DoNotPay
Whether they come from an email address or as group spam texts, one thing is certain—you don’t want these messages in your inbox. DoNotPay developed a tool that can help you turn the tables on scammers whose main goal is to take your money or private information by pushing you to click on dangerous links.
The method available in our app is fast, easy, and can lead to compensation. You can start by setting up your DoNotPay account in a web browser. When you log in, follow these steps:
- Select Robo Revenge from the homepage
- Choose Create Your Card
- Enter the virtual credit card information when prompted by the scammers
- Collect their contact details in Blocked Transactions when they try to abuse the card
- File a lawsuit against them using DoNotPay
The worst thing you can do to a scammer is to uncover their identity. That’s why they use computer-generated spam texts sent from email addresses. When you give them the virtual credit card generated by DoNotPay, you will be playing them and not vice versa. This method can work even if you’re dealing with unsolicited texts that are illegal under the CAN-SPAM Act.
DoNotPay Protects Against Spam but That Is Not All!
DoNotPay understands that fighting bureaucracy is exhausting and expensive, so we wanted to offer more to our users than just fighting spam. With the help of the world’s first robot lawyer, you can lower your cable bills, ask companies like Walmart and Amazon for a refund, or cancel unnecessary subscriptions like Netflix or Spotify.
By using our app, you will be able to:
- Get refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Deal with bills you don’t know how to pay
- Cut long waiting times when contacting customer service agents
- Challenge speeding tickets
- Solve issues with credit cards
- Contest traffic tickets
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Get refunds from various companies
- Dispute parking tickets
- Get rid of spam text messages
- Cancel subscriptions and memberships
- Set up DMV appointments with no fuss
- Put an end to stalking and harassment
- Get revenge on annoying robocalls
- Use free trials risk-free
- Fight spam mail
Access DoNotPay from a web browser.