Group Text Spam Blowing Up Your Phone? Get Revenge With DoNotPay!
Group texts with friends are a fun and efficient way to stay in the loop, but if your phone can’t catch a break from all the notifications, you will probably put that group chat on mute or even decide to leave.
It’s a whole new level of annoyance when group texts come from unknown senders who advertise products or services you’re not interested in or try to scam you into sharing personal information.
If you haven’t received any spam texts from email addresses or unfamiliar phone numbers by now, you can consider yourself extremely lucky. Alongside robocalls and spam emails, spam text messages are one of the latest sources of frustration for millions of Americans. This article will guide you through available options to put an end to this menace.
Serve Revenge to Group Text Spam Senders by Using DoNotPay
Have you ever been frustrated by group text spam so much that you wanted to take it out on the sender? Thanks to DoNotPay, now you can!
Group text scammers usually send messages containing links that are meant to trick you into leaving your credit card details. If you do that, it’s a matter of time before you start noticing some unusual charges on your bank statement.
DoNotPay can help you turn the tables on scammers with a method that is fast and easy to use:
- Set up your DoNotPay account in a web browser
- Log in and select Robo Revenge
- Create a virtual credit card by clicking Create Your Card
- Enter the card details on the website to which the link led you
- Get the scammer’s contact details when they try to charge the card
Our virtual credit cards protect your finances because they’re not connected to your bank account. This method can even earn you money because it allows you to sue the scammers by uncovering their identity. You can also use it against commercial group texts that are illegal under the CAN-SPAM Act.
How To Block a Spam Group Text on iPhone
iPhone aficionados have more options at their disposal when it comes to fighting unwanted group messages, the most efficient being:
- Leaving iMessage group texts
- Using built-in spam filters
How To Leave a Group Message on iPhone
If iPhone users receive unsolicited group messages via iMessage, they can use this neat feature to remove themselves from any group chat in this app:
- Open iMessage and the group text that’s annoying you
- Tap the images or initials of the participants at the top of the screen
- Select info from the small drop-down menu
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Leave this Conversation
If you don’t see the option Leave this Conversation, it means that someone in the group doesn’t have iMessage or hasn’t upgraded to the latest iOS version. In such cases, you won’t be able to leave the thread, but you can mute it by hitting Hide Alerts.
How To Utilize iPhone’s Spam Filters
iPhone users can act preemptively and enable built-in protection against unknown text message senders:
- Open the Settings app
- Select Messages
- Locate the Filter Unknown Senders option and turn it on
Next time you open your messages, there will be a new tab called Unknown Senders where all messages from unsaved contacts end up.
How To Block Spam Group Texts on Android Phones
Android users have several options to deal with annoying group text spam:
- Mute a group text
- Block the group text
How To Mute a Group Text on Android
Muting a group text won’t fix the issue for good, but it will stop you from being interrupted every time there’s a new message in the group. You will still see the messages in your inbox unless you delete them, and they will keep coming unless you block the sender.
To mute a group text that’s spamming your inbox, try the following steps:
- Open the messaging app
- Locate the group message you want to mute
- Tap and hold until the new options appear
- Select Notifications
You should notice a crossed bell icon next to the group message which means you won’t be bothered by notifications from that chat anymore. The process might differ slightly based on which messaging app you’re using, and which Android-powered phone brand you own.
How To Block a Group Text on Android
Android users who want to block a whole group message will have to block the sender as an individual contact. One of the ways to do it consists of these steps:
- Open the default messaging app
- Enter the group text
- Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner
- Select Block contact from the list
- Confirm your choice in the pop-up window and choose whether you want to delete the group message as well
How To Report Group Spam Text on Pixel Phones
Google is taking the spam threat more seriously than other Android phone manufacturers. If you use a Pixel phone and Google’s Messages app, you can block and report spam group texts by following these steps:
- Open the Messages app
- Enter the group text you want to report
- Hit three vertical dots for more options
- Select Group details and then Report spam
- Tap Report spam once more to confirm
When you finish the process, the spammer is reported, and the group text ends up in the Spam & blocked folder.
Use Third-Party Apps To Fight Random Group Text Spam
Free with ads
Premium features available for $2.99
More Tips To Protect Yourself From Group Text Spam
Knowledge is the key when you have to deal with an enemy as difficult as spam messages. Here is some invaluable advice on what to do and what to avoid if you receive a spam group text:
|Check if your number is on the National Do Not Call list||
Don’t open links that seem suspicious or that are coming from unknown senders
Check online if the sender’s number belongs to an actual company before responding STOP
|Don’t keep your confidential information in notes on your phone|
|Get anti-malware software for your phone||
Don’t trust the too-good-to-be-true messages
DoNotPay Protects Your Privacy and Finances
Sharing your credit card details online comes with certain risks, and it’s getting more difficult to tell good and bad websites apart. With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator, you will be able to protect your identity and bank account from cyber scammers.
Whenever you run into a suspicious email or website, generate a virtual credit card and proceed without worries. Our virtual cards also work like a charm if you want to avoid automatic payments after free trials.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The world’s first robot lawyer is the real deal for fighting the spam pandemic of our times. We can help you stop cyberstalking, mess with robocalls, or permanently block email addresses sending you spam.
Our other useful features include:
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Handling bills you don’t know how to pay
- Getting revenge on annoying robocalls
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Solving issues with credit cards
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Eliminating long waiting times when contacting customer service agents
- Getting refunds from various companies
- Contesting parking tickets
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Setting up DMV appointments with no fuss
- Putting an end to stalking and harassment
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Stopping spam mail
Start using DoNotPay in any web browser.