The Stress-Free Way of Returning Big 5 Items—Big 5 Return Policy Made Simple
Are you unhappy with the merchandise you bought at Big 5? You don’t have to be stuck with it. This simplified guide will answer any questions you have about the Big 5 return policy to help you get a refund or exchange from this popular sporting retailer.
You can also save time and spare yourself the headache of understanding the complicated details by using DoNotPay to initiate the return process.
Big 5 accepts returns of eligible items within 90 days of purchase. You can return items purchased both online and in store at any of their local shops with the original receipt within that time frame. If you place an order online, you can also return the merchandise by mail.
The Big 5 return policy has clear requirements for handling returns. The policy determines whether you get a refund, an exchange, or store credit. See the table below for details:
|Requirements||What You Can Get|
||Refund or exchange|
||Refund or exchange|
If you bought your item in a Big 5 store, you can return it to any Big 5 location. According to the official Big 5 return policy, the outcome will be different based on whether you have the original receipt or not.
You can visit any Big 5 store near you and approach the first available salesperson. Bring a photo ID and the original receipt as evidence. If the product qualifies for a refund, it will be issued to the same payment method used for the purchase. If you purchased the item using a credit card, you will need to present the card when returning the item.
For any help in locating the nearest store, use the company’s Store Locator page.
If you cannot locate the original receipt, you can still return the item—all returns lacking the receipt qualify only for non-transferable store credit.
You will also need to visit a Big 5 store and bring a photo ID and the item in question.
You can return items purchased online to any physical store or through the mail.
The company allows you to return items purchased online to any of their local stores. To get a full refund, visit the local store and talk to a staff member. You should carry the following:
- Original packing slip
- Items in their original state
- The credit card you used
- Your ID
You will receive the refund to the same method of payment you used at the moment of purchase. Payments via Paypal or Visa Checkout are reimbursed in cash in this case. Keep in mind that the shipping costs you incurred for package delivery are non-refundable.
If you prefer to return your online order by mail, follow these steps:
- Reach out to the Big 5 customer service at 800-898-2994 and request Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). You should do this before shipping your items back
- Pack the item and anything that came with it in the original packaging. You can use any other packaging if you cannot locate the original box
- Print the return shipping label that you will receive in an email and stick it to the return package, then drop the parcel at a UPS pickup location. Remember to remove any other labels from the return package. The return shipping costs and other fees will be subtracted from the return credit
You can track your return shipment using the carrier’s tracking number. Big 5 takes no responsibility for items until they receive them from the carrier.
Some items cannot be returned under the Big 5 return policy, and some are subject only to the respective manufacturer’s warranty.
Big 5 doesn’t allow returns of the following:
- Firearms—any requests should be directly addressed to the manufacturer as per the terms and conditions of the warranty
- Firearm ammunition
- Purchases not in the original state
- Used underwear and swimwear
- Items for which a third-party provider does not approve returns, like licenses or tickets
All bats purchased from Big 5 are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty in case of any claims. To initiate the return process, you will need to prepare your original receipt and directly contact the manufacturer for more information about your item returns.
All bats, regardless of the manufacturer, should be returned within one year from the purchase date, with the exception of Pinnacle Sports Bamboo bats, which have a 30-day warranty.
Returns can be frustrating because most return policies have complicated or unclear terms. Save time and effort by leaving the trouble of understanding the Big 5 return policy to DoNotPay. We will help you smooth out the process by generating and sending a return request letter that can:
- State the reasons for return
- Inform the company of your preferred resolution (refund or replacement/exchange)
- Set a deadline for processing your return
The return request letter will be useful if any disputes arise in the future. DoNotPay will also provide a free return label so you won’t have to pay the shipping fees.
To use our platform for your Big 5 returns:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Choose the Item Return Request feature
- Enter the required information about your purchase
If you need to return items to other companies, don’t sweat it. DoNotPay is here to help you. Check out our detailed guides for companies like:
DoNotPay is known for being the champion of customer advocacy because we help our users claim what’s rightfully theirs, and we don’t tolerate big corporations taking people’s hard-earned money.
If you feel like you’re overpaying certain subscription services, we can help you cancel them. Also, if you want to test a subscription before you start paying money for it, don’t connect your credit card to the free trial page! You can sign up for free trials using our virtual credit card. That way, companies won’t be able to charge you auto-renewal fees because the card has no funds.
DoNotPay has many different areas of expertise—helping you return your faulty items is only one of them.
Check out how our app can assist you in:
- Getting compensation for victims of crime
- Protecting your work from copycats
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Getting access to public records
- Getting free raffle tickets
- Fighting noisy neighbors